aryaman

Hannibal crossing the Alps

Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:46 am

Hi
Historically it took about 40 days to Hannibal´s army to move from the Rhone valley to Taurasia (modern Torino). In the game, units with hvy inf movement make it in 18 days. Now, Livy wrote that Hasdrubal crossed the Alps some years later at a much faster pace, the reason for Hannibal´s delay was that he had to fight several hostile tribes that later became friendly, presenting no problems to Hasdrubal later.
So, my question is, if I put some units in ambush mode in the Alps regions, would they delay hannibal´s passing army, like historically? and related to that, how do you pùt a unit in ambush posture from the start?

Pocus

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Fighting or ambushing don't delay troops in the game, because it would raise several issues and exploits.
I guess you can do that by event, perhaps a chance, if the region control in the Alp is low, to fix for one turn the enemy?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

aryaman

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Maybe another option would be to start the scenario with mud in the regions to cross, is that possible? BTW the scenario setup indicates the game have to start in september 218, but for some reason it starts in May 219!

Return to “Punic Wars Project”