jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Guard Units Committement!?

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:59 am

It seems like NCP 3.04b reworked the term of Guard Units comittement!

NCP 3.04b readme
Last but not least, included the complete leadership revision by Arnaud Bouis of all leaders abilities and values (pro-allies balancing fix).

In 1813 and 1815 campaigns all Generals commanding Guards Infantry and Calvary Corps, according the scenery starting OOB, have not "Committ the Guard" ability.
As a result, ( when leaded by no Committ the Guard" ability Corps Generals), Guard Units are employed as soon as an engagement stars, with the result of a sudden depletion of Guard Units.
I suggest all Leaders commanding Guard Corps, in the starting OOB, should have the "Committ the Guard" ability, so to allow the correct Guard Units employement: that to say elite, reserve, shock troops to be used in critical battle conditions.

Guard Units, when transferred under command of a "Committ the Guard" ability Leader, as Napoleon for French side, are regarded as reserve, shock units, till.
Indeed, I noticed that in these last reported conditions Guard Units are very rarely commited to battle: I lost some engagements, where Napoleon was commanding a massive Guard Unit concentration just because Guard was not committed at all.

So, in conclusion my double suggestion is:

1. Add the "Committ the Guard" ability to all Generals leading Guard Corps.

2. Slightly increase the chance of Guard Unit committment for Generals with "Committ the Guard" ability.

JastaV

FM WarB
Colonel

Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:17 am

Napoleon is the only leader with the "Commit the Garde" ability in the 1815 scenario as well. He didnt use the Garde as a normal Corps. He would send in divisions, brigades, even regiments at a time. The Old Garde Grenadiers and Chausseurs were the last to be commited. The Garde artillery was used as an artillery reserve, with artillery commanders commanding groups of batteries, no matter their nominal assignment to infantry or cavalry divisions or brigades.

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”