Kev_uk
Colonel

My thoughts.

Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:52 am

I have not enough things to say to improve the game, but I will say that it is giving me more enjoyment than most games have given me in over ten years of PC gaming. This must mean something :)

However, I do have a couple of things to suggest:

1) More detailed OOB - at the moment F1 is too clumsy to be of any use. It just is not that structured very intuitively.
2) A tally of your total number of troops in F5. I want to know how many I have on the board. In the Russian Campaign for example, I want to accurately asses what I have compared to what I have lost.

All in all its a great game which is sorely lacking in a grand campaign. I guess I am just dreaming what this engine could do with diplomacy, economics and politics combined. Please do not neglect it.

Kev

Pocus

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:28 am

Hi and thanks for the good words, on behalf of all the team.

There is something coming for the F1 screen :) In a few weeks...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

stagira
Conscript

Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:14 pm

Kev_uk wrote:
1) More detailed OOB - at the moment F1 is too clumsy to be of any use. [...]
2) A tally of your total number of troops in F5. [...]

All in all its a great game which is sorely lacking in a grand campaign. [...]

Kev

I agree with Kev, especially with his preface and with point (1): such current sort of, say, "oob" is actually unuseful for player, either for organizational purposes, either to have a glimpse of an army in a whole and its Chain of Command. Point (2) is not important, in my opinion, because, with this kind of game engine, SP are MORE important than strenght in men!

As further improvements and corrections I'd suggest:

(3) in battle engine, more control of "frontage" by player: it often happens that entire divisions result totally destroyed, while other end a combat with no losses; since sometimes the first ones are the weakest and the second are the strongest, this is not realistic; it happens also with Guard or elite units;

(4) a revised system of saving files: most of times, i'm not able to reload correctly a previous turn, because some kinda automatic saving has overrided my previously saved orders; this way, i'm forced to save with a different file name EVERY time I save some important order;

(5) i'd like a clearer explication of battle result calculation: if still published somewhere, please give me the link; in other words: how much every factor has its influence over a final result; since the same battle, repeated several times, gave me DRAMATICALLY different results, i guess that a "dice" factor was playing too heavy in them;

(6) little correction: in Italy, near Venice, you'd write "Treviso" (or "Trevise", french style), not "Trevisa";

(7) in many scenarios, militia reinforcement is unuseful for french side, since its ranks contain no militia units;

finally, I agree with Kev about adding a diplomatic engine.

Wonderful game, anyway. Thanks guys. :coeurs:

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”