Bohémond

NCP Events+DB Rev1

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:50 am

Hello,

Please find enclose ;

NCP Events+DB Rev1 rar file ; Compiled files in folder Structure
NCP Events+DB xls Rev1 Zip file ; Revised Events, HistOptions, units, models and LocalStrings_NCP xls files
Readme NCP Database Rev1 text file ; Change log list

This release is comprehensive (Rev A, RevB, Rev C, Rec D, Rev E and modifications from NCP DB modifications thread are included)

Regards

Bohémond
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

NCP Events+DB Rev1.rar
(4.27 MiB) Downloaded 437 times
NCP Events+DB xls Rev1.rar
(3.22 MiB) Downloaded 427 times

PhilThib

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:33 am

Bravo, excellent work :thumbsup: :coeurs:

Carnium

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:15 am

Excellent work. Time to check if this "old horse" is still kicking ;)

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Thank you VERY MUCH ! :thumbsup:

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Can We Use It?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Bohemond,
Are these files you posting here for AGEOD use for their official next 1.07rc4 patch or can we use them with 1.07rc3? I'd love to download and try them out to be sure but to be safe I figure I'd better ask a simple question first. Once again thanks so much for taking the time to make NCP a better game by cleaning up so many event and databe issues! :thumbsup:

Bohémond

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:01 pm

Omnius,

Yes, you can use it with NCP1.07 RC3. The files are already in Subfolders Structure. So copy and paste each file.

Regards

Bohémond

Nikel

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks for the hard work Bohémond :)

In a fast look just noticed that the armies and fleets portraits of Michel,...are missing.

The commanders use 2 portraits, one for the map (armies and fleets folder) and one for the units panel (units folder), the latter are included

Bohémond

Oups

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:26 pm

Nikel,

You are right, my mistake, I will post a Fix tonight.

Thank you for reporting

Regards

Bohémond

Bohémond

Fix for Rev1

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:05 am

Hello,

Please find enclose ;

NCP Events+DB Rev1Fix rar file ; Compiled files in folder Structure

This release is comprehensive (Rev A, RevB, Rev C, Rec D, Rev E and modifications from NCP DB modifications thread are included)

Regards

Bohémond
Attachments
NCP Events+DB Rev1Fix.rar
(4.31 MiB) Downloaded 371 times

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Testing Testing 123

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Bohemond,
I finished up my 1812 games and am going to try out your fix files today and this weekend. I looked at the readme file of changes and saw that you worked on the 1806-1807 scenario which I haven't tried out yet. Played the 1806 scenario first so will be interesting to go back and see the changes in replacement usage.

Bohémond

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:42 pm

Omnius,

I have not rework Events for 1806 Scenario ( the Iena one) only for 1806-1807 scenario ( Prussian Campaign).

Rework on Database will apply for any scenario so you will see changes in replacement class.

Regards

Bohémond

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

That's the Plan

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Bohemond,
The 1806-1807 scenario was the one I was planning on playing as stated previously since I didn't try that one and I saw that that was the one you worked on.

I downloaded your files and was able to easily copy the files from the NCP Events+DB Rev1 rar file to the proper folders. However I'm stumped about the xls files as there is no pathing directions in the zip file as to exactly where they go and I couldn't find any other xls files in the NCP folders to match them to, unless they're hidden. I'll leave them in the folder your download file created and hope for the best.

Bohémond

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Omnius,

xls files are primary files where modifications are made. They are not used by AGE engine.

They are only useful for modders and for Ageod to keep Database up to date.

Regards

Bohémond

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Better Replacement Usage

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:20 pm

Bohemond,
I was so not frustrated by watching my artillery replacements get wasted on garrison duty. Much better replacement usage for artillery except the light artillery replacements still aren't being used. Might be that somehow the light artillery units or replacements aren't properly set up in the scenario. Would love to see a militia garrison fix like you did for 1815 for both sides. Still getting militia replacements that just gather dust. Too bad there aren't any heavy cavalry replacements received when buying cavalry or received when getting random replacements.

It looks like more event messages are coming through though it seems like not all are showing on both sides, like the Vellore Revolution. I'd think that all those red event messages ought to be visible to both players. One thing I didn't see was any mistakes that show the filename instead of the actual message or title. :thumbsup:

My first turn as Napoleon in the 1806 long Prussian Campaign I had a battle at Jena in which Hohenloe's entire Prussian Army was vaporized but I suffered 33,000 casualties to kill 43,000. :blink:

It sure would be nice to see some other NCP scenarios get fixed but it's probably too late for that. I just hope that future AGEOD games receive a more thorough beta testing of scenarios to eliminate the vast number of errors that should never have gotten past beta testing nor post release fixes. I'm sure that players bailed on NCP because of so many scenario errors. Thanks again for doing so much to make NCP a better game! :w00t:

Bohémond

Re ; Better Replacement usage

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:07 am

Hello,

Russian don't have any light arty elements, French and Prusssian very few. That why light arty replacement aren't really use.

Are the replacement system , via event or options, perfect ; No

Can it be improved ; Yes

Is it easy to get it well balanced without a replacement construction mode, like in ROP, AACW or RUS ; I don't think so but we can try.

About event broadcasting, it's really my personal choice when I decide to display the revised ones for both side or not. Everything can be modified, the purpose is to increase some ''immersion'' for the player.

Thank you for reporting

Regards

Bohémond

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Equal Immersion

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Bohemond,
The events look better on both sides for the 1806-1807 Prussian Campaign. I guess I'm an Equal Immersion kind of guy who thinks that both sides should be fully immersed in the period info provided by those event messages.

I'll have to look harder at the light artillery replacement picture as I thought I might have used one for replacing losses in damaged units. Kind of tough sometimes to tell since not all nationalities for a side may have that kind of replacement.

Yeah replacements could have been done better to match up to what's being used and to make sure all those militia replacements that accumulate somehow got used. I look forward to NCP2 with a production system where we can designate what replacements we want based upon what we need. :)

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Pontonniers Symbol

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:14 pm

Bohemond,
I did notice that your spiffy new Pontonniers symbol isn't showing in my version. Probably need to await the official patch to ensure that all becomes harmonious between your changes and the game engine. ;)

Bohémond

Re ; Pontooner Symbol

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:09 pm

Omnius,

Really weird, It works on my side and I recheck posted files and they are correct.

At least you should have an error like "missing image for ...".

Could you post a screenshot of a pontooner unit and/or a the mainlog file ( in NCP/Logs ) ?

Have deleted the cached file in NCP/GameData/models ? If no, please do it and check if you get the same result ?

Regards

Bohémond

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Cached File?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:53 pm

Bohemond,
Is this the file you're talking about? 168FRA_Model_Name_FRA-Pon.mdl It has a last updated date of 1/25/11 which corresponds to the day I downloaded your files. I don't do uploading screenshots, never bothered to sign up for any cache website where stored images can be stored. I liked the old days better when one didn't need to store stuff on the web to show screenshots. Anyway no big deal if it shows properly now or not, I'll just wait for the next official update.

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Light Artillery

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:03 pm

Bohemond,
I'm starting to wonder if your definition of light artillery works for the game. If I recall one of your earlier posts correctly you said something about the cutoff being the 4lb artillery which may be too light. While playing the 1806 long Prussian Campaign scenario you fixed I couldn't help but notice a bunch of Russian 6lb foot artillery units labeled as "light position" batteries. I did notice that the 6lb foot and horse batteries are defined as field artillery, or medium, in the game.

Perhaps a cutoff at the 6lb level would work better in a practical manner as regards field and light artillery replacements. There are so few light artillery units in the game as fits your 4lb cutoff that your change hardly matters in terms of replacements. I'd make 4lb and 6lb foot & horse light artillery with 8lb 10 lb and 12 lb being the medium field artillery. In practical gameterms that would give those hardly ever used light artillery replacements some value. ;)

Bohémond

Re ; Light Arty

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:35 pm

Omnius,

4lbs cutoff for LightArty is a design choice, so it's not perfect. There are dozens of Arty models in the Database , each one ''labelled'' according to historical OOB. About labels ; A 6lbs Arty is light Position for Russian and fied arty for Fench. A 12 lbs Arty is Position for Russian and Heavy arty for Polish. :(

According to feedback from players or Ageod Team, everything can be changed, there is no problem for me.

After next NCP patch, I will rework Setup and replacements, so these kind of issues can be solved.

Once again cached files in NCP\Gamedata\models and NCP\Gamedata\Units must be deleted once after replacing original files by downloded ones, if you want play with all the improvements.

Regards

Bohémond.

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Changes

Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Bohemond,
Yep one can slice and dice the arty any number of ways to differentiate arty classes. I haven't seen the database to see all the different models but it sure seems like there aren't many 4lb'ers in use. I thought the French cavalry used 4lb'ers a lot as they were easy to move around on the battlefield and could do damage to infantry squares. I know that the French used them finally at Waterloo near the end of the battle with some success. I looked at the cutoff for light arty at 6lbs to better fit the replacements we get and since there are so many extra light arty that seemed to be a good fit.

Good to hear about your intention of fixing setups and replacements after this latest patch comes out. I just tried the 1809 War on the Danube scenario and I was so disappointed seeing the field artillery replacements go down the black hole of fortress artillery that was modeled as field artillery. Plus the way the weather works I saw that Hiller and Kolowrath's corps just couldn't get to the Cham area anywhere near their historic arrival around April 21st. My only description of the 1809 Danube scenario is annoying. :( I think that frustrating scenarios sank NCP for long term play.

To really fix up that 1805 Thames or Danube scenario we need to find the OOB of Brune's missing 30,000 man Boulogne Observation Corps. I hope that the AGEOD team has some info on what divisional leaders he had and hopefully some of the units so we can add him to the map and make that scenario far better for human vs human play.

Bohémond

Issue in model DB

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:38 pm

Hello,

While reworking the DB for my AACW mod, I found one big issue in MoveType parameter for NAS and NDS models.

I will post a hotfix this week end.

Regards

Bohémond

Bohémond

DB models Fix

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:26 am

Hello,

Attached is DB models fix in xls format.

Regards

Bohémond

[ATTACH]15147[/ATTACH]
Attachments
LGE_DB_Models_RevEReleaseFix.zip
(894.19 KiB) Downloaded 345 times

PhilThib

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:47 am

Thank You :thumbsup: :coeurs:

cbd
Conscript

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:28 am

Are these changes reflected in the DB fixes above?

Bohémond

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:31 am

cbd wrote:Are these changes reflected in the DB fixes above?

I do not understand what you mean.

Regards

Bohémond

cbd
Conscript

DB models fix

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:58 pm

Bohémond wrote:I do not understand what you mean.

Regards

Bohémond

Bohémond wrote:Hello,

Attached is DB models fix in xls format.

Regards

Bohémond

[ATTACH]15147[/ATTACH]

Perhaps a more basic question: What is the DB models fix and would a non-modder be able to use the information?

Bohémond

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:31 pm

You can know what is the DB+Event Rev 1 by reading the .txt file in the first post.

It's my work to try to clean and improve NCP Database.

The fix is for an issue related to a mistake I made modifying the models Database.

The files in xls format cannot be used without some modding ability and tools.

For the other ones, please check the Betapatch Thread for installation process.

Regards

Bohémond

Gray_Lensman

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:32 pm

deleted

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”