Bohémond

Naval Leader for NCP107 Rc3

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Hello,

Naval leaders for NCP 107 RC3 have weird behaviour. the AI often leaves them at land, makes them part of Land Stack and they can form a Corps.

I try several changes in models and units parameters but it doesn't change anything.

Just want to know if it's a already known issue and if there is a way to solve it.

Regards

Bohémond

PhilThib

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:46 pm

This is weird indeed. :bonk:

First check in the DB if the parameter LandLeader is set at 0 (and NavalLeader is at 1). Also check if there is no special AIAffinity parameter enclosed for those?

Bohémond

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:13 pm

Hello,

NavalLeader is set to 1 and LandLeader to Null ( not 0) in the models DB.

No AIAffinity Parameter as this feature does not exist in existing DB.

mdl files seems to be correct, hard to know for cached files.

Regards

Bohémond

PhilThib

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Well, so I don't see the reason indeed. As for the cached file, each time you change something in models, you must destroy it, because it will only be updated if it does not already exist.

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Making Naval Leaders Sail

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:27 pm

Bohemond,
I'm sure glad you're willing to tackle issues like why the AI wastes naval leaders on land stacks. I would love to see naval leaders limited to only sailing on fleets while ground leaders are limited to only commanding ground forces. The problem as I see it as that some naval leaders are quite awesome as far as leader ratings go and those ratings shouldn't be useable for ground actions. While a naval leader may know his stuff about sea warfare that would hardly translate into knowing how to move corps around on the battlefield and ofcourse the same goes for landlubber leaders knowing how to float a boat. :cool:

Need to make it so that their ratings don't get used for the wrong type of warfare so that not only the AI but humans can't cheat the system employing leaders with great ratings for the wrong type of combat. Any way to make sure that naval leaders with high ratings end up using only 1 instead of their high rating? Same with ground leaders trying to sail with fleets.

Bohémond

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi,

What I want to say about cached files is that they are harder to read, even opened as csv, because there is not a fist raw with what means each column.

I'm going to to some tests with AACW to chek if the same issue can be found.

Regards

Bohémond

PhilThib

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:33 pm

FYI, Cached files are created the first time the game is run and are kind of mega file holding everything those thousands of small mdl or units files may contain.... the whole purpose being that it is MUCH faster for a PC to open one big file than thousand of small ones...so this speeds up loading time for player...

You can work well even without those cached files, they just serve to make you wait less upon loading ;)

Bohémond

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Hello,

I know what is a cached file and what is the purpose of it. I have made dozens of changes to NCP DB since a few weeks and I have never post to complain that the modifications are not reflected in game, that means that I know how to handle with cached files and even how to check them during testing phase.

My previous posts were to point out that I'm NOT saying '' I'm sure there is a issue with Naval Leaders''. I'm saying that before posting, I've done several tests for some hours, modified a lot of parameters to check the leader behaviour changes and find nothing to solve this issue.

Regards

Bohémond

Nikel

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Perhaps this is harcoded in the executable and Pocus is the one to solve it. So probably is present in all the games?

I remember to have read this problem before but I am not able to find any thread using the forum search :bonk:

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”