Pocus

Patch 1.05a of Napoleon's Campaigns

Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:30 pm

Dear players,

This is a public beta patch, although it should be rather stable!

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/patch_NCP_v1.05a.zip

[font="]==============================================================================[/font]
[font="]THIS PATCH DOES NOT WORK FOR THE 1.00 VERSION, if you have not installed the Foundation Patch before. [/font]
[font="]==============================================================================[/font]
[font="]Napoleon's Campaigns Patch 1.05a / October, 2008[/font]
[font="]Bugs[/font]
[font="]- fixed: A bug when a leader was promoted, then removed from his stack.[/font]
[font="]- fixed: Leaders above 3 in rating would get a far too big bonus for the Army Rout check at the end of combat, resulting in fanatical armies.[/font]
[font="]- fixed: A (rare) crash could occurs when you detached a corps from an army.[/font]
[font="]- fixed a loophole about generals & charges. If a general is removed from command and is named to another army, he will only protest if the new army is weaker and if the other general (in charge of his previous army) has less seniority. Before, the power of the 2 armies where not checked.[/font]
[font="]- fixed an issue in the Swap general order.[/font]
[font="]- A rare bug when adding back to a fleet some troops has been fixed.[/font]
[font="]- Fixed an old interface bug when a unit was removed from a stack.[/font]

[font="]Database[/font]
[font="]- Some leaders’ values tweaked. New consistency pass done on the database.[/font]

[font="]Scenarios[/font]
[font="]1813: [/font]
[font="]- Sudden Death Rule enabled.[/font]
[font="]- Added a numerical index for units sharing a common name: 1/Brigade von Stockmayer, 2/Brigade von Stockmayer.[/font]
[font="]- Some typos fixed.[/font]
[font="]- Duplicate units removed.[/font]
[font="]- Saxon Betrayal event fixed.[/font]
[font="]- 2 historical options fixed.[/font]

[font="]1815: [/font]
[font="]- Sudden Death Rule enabled.[/font]
[font="]- 1 historical option fixed.[/font]

[font="]Modding[/font]
[font="]- CmdAdjust Abilities can be limited to Army Commander (Param4) or Corps Commander (Param5)[/font]

[font="]Interface[/font]
[font="]- You can alt-click on a force tab to rename it. Armies can't be renamed though.[/font]
[font="]- Fixed an issue with the Resume game button (shortkey: R).[/font]
[font="]- New sentry orders: [/font]
[font="]<SPACE>: In sentry for one turn. [/font]
[font="]<CTRL><SPACE>: In sentry until 90% healed.[/font]
[font="]Reminder:>[/font]
[font="]<S>: Permanent Sentry (until moving or attacked) (hit again <S> or <SPACE to remove the sentry state)[/font]
[font="]<CTRL><S>: Remove all Sentries on map.[/font]

[font="]Sentry order is useful when you browse your units with the keys E,R,T,Y (with shift as an option)[/font]

[font="]- <SHIFT><C>: Center on the destination of the unit.[/font]
[font="]Reminder: <C>: Center on the current region of the unit.[/font]

[font="]- CTRL-F allows you to search for a specific region.[/font]

[font="]- Options are not limited to 6 per category now, arrows will appears.[/font]

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:39 pm

I started the patch download now: 34 MB will take me busy a couple of hours, at best!

I'll use this last version for any beta-testing and game session as soon as I'll have it at hand!

Nikel

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Thanks Pocus :)

There is a ord file in the scens folder?

What happened with the WIA feature added, the one that was lacking the buttons?

Donegal is still in 1809 scenario? The scen was updated by PhilThib and should be included in the patch

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=88958&postcount=5

I think that you missed here the last portraits update

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=103390&postcount=108

You can add Vice-Admiral Verhuell if tou want too

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=103139&postcount=4

And what happened with 1.05 :neener:

Pocus

Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:41 am

1- WIA: don't understand, there is a problem?
2- 1809: added
3- portraits: I need the modified models XLS (JastaV already modified it though) with the right entries also. See with him for the latest one, edit it, send it to me with all portraits please.

1.05 is not existing in public because there was an early internal beta in summer :)
I removed the ord too.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

arsan

Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:47 am

Hi

Regarding number 1 i think Nikel talks about the WIA forces filters of the Force List on the ledger added on the last beta patch
It worked OK but lacked the icons on each tab.
Regards!

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:41 am

Pocus wrote:1- WIA: don't understand, there is a problem?
2- 1809: added
3- portraits: I need the modified models XLS (JastaV already modified it though) with the right entries also. See with him for the latest one, edit it, send it to me with all portraits please.

1.05 is not existing in public because there was an early internal beta in summer :)
I removed the ord too.

Yes, I have a modified version of models XLS file that SHOULD be updated so to support ALL Nikel's portraits.
ALL: that to say including morePortraits not yet publically released but develop to support my 3rd party projects.
SHOULD: it's to be checked before mking it official matter.

I'll e-mail it you anyway: check e-mail box in the afternoon.

As regard portraits and relative models XLS files Nikel has a copy of them: he could post or e-mail that you!

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:46 am

figures for Wellington's rocket battery have not been included in the patch:

Here his as it looks in default and "fixed" conditions:

Rocket figures have been edited by pasting existing NCP DB figures: you do not need special authorization to use them.

I suggest you to include them going official!

http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4331&d=1223034378

gildamac
Sergeant

Villes stratégiques

Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:13 pm

Décidement, Ageod n'aime pas les villes stratégiques. ;)
Après BOA2 et AACW, NCP est également touché. :love:
Dans le patch 1.05a, après activation du filtre touche 3, les couleurs des villes stratégiques est identiques pour les deux partis (par ex : dans le scénario guerre sur le Danube 1809), voir même absente dans certains scénario (ex : Mainz dans le scénario Tonnerre d'Iena 1806).

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:29 pm

gildamac wrote:Clearly, AGEOD do not like strategic towns.
After BOA2 and AACW, ASC is also affected.
In the patch 1.05a after activation key 3 filter, the colors of strategic towns is identical for both parties (eg scenario in the war on the Danube 1809), or even absent in some scenario (eg in Mainz Tonnerre scenario d'Iena 1806).

[color="RoyalBlue"]Translated from French to English on my own![/color]

It's something new for me!
Is that coming with patch 1,05a or did you notice such problem before?

Pocus

Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:18 pm

This will be fixed in the official release.

gildamac
Sergeant

Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:43 pm

jastaV wrote:[color="RoyalBlue"]Translated from French to English on my own![/color]

It's something new for me!
Is that coming with patch 1,05a or did you notice such problem before?

No. I have no problem on the 1.04 release.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:14 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="2"]Errare umanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum, et tertia non datur.....[/size][/color]

It's hard to belive, but I catched two more mistakes with Saxon Betrayal-1813:

CountUnits; $[color="Red"]Halle[/color]|0|$C13|[color="red"]$[/color]0|>=|25

Correct Syntax is:

[color="RoyalBlue"]CountUnits; $Leipzig|0|$C13|0|>=|25[/color]
equivalent to (?):
[color="royalblue"]CountUnits; $Leipzig|0|$C13|$Regular|>=|25[/color]

Indeed when using numerical index for troop families, (ex: $Regular=0) we have to delete the $ before the number.

With hope to close the thing definitely:

[color="royalblue"]CountUnits; $Close_to_Leipzig|1|$USA|0|>=|25[/color]
equivalent to (?):
[color="royalblue"]CountUnits; $Close_to_Leipzig|1|$USA|$Regular|>=|25[/color]

okay when looking to any region Adjacent to Leipzig, as condition.
Hope you confirm, (Pocus)

Buy the way, We all know "[color="Black"]The Battle of Leipzig", [/color]no one knows "the Battle of Halle"! :mdr:

You have to know, in my modded 1813 scenarios I moved Leipzig city to Halle Regions and then renamed it: that's to understand mistake reason!

Okay, guess there are no more errors with that string: indeed I already misunderstood anything I could!
I'll send you a copy of fixed EXL and the relative 1813 Campaign event file later.

Un-matching data between Columns D and G in setup sheets or columns D and H in events sheets are quite common in most scenarios: checking Peninsular War now.......
I recommend you to clearly state for all editors/modders benefit, we have to edit in column D the actual number of Sub Units to be used, not ones to be subtracted per any unit.! :cool:

[color="red"]NOW, something new, in matter of troubles![/color]

I just catched out a trouble with NCP_inc_HistOptions13

Looking at evt_nam_COA_MilitaryOption3 I noticed the "Regen" section for that option is missing: it's an old date troubles.... I verified it was missing in NCP_inc_HistOptions13 file from older NCP DB too.

Now, I'll fix the trouble adding the full evt_nam_COA_MilitaryOption3_Regen section.
I'll use a Probability=50.
If you have a better Probability value to suggest please contact me.

I'll send you the fixed NCP_inc_HistOptions13 file later:
I'll include the LGE_DB_Models files, with all Nikel's portrait too and double checked!

Regards
JastaV

Nikel

Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

In fact theres was a battle of Halle in the napoleonic wars, but it happened in the prussian campaign, 1806. Of course I had to search for it to know :niark:

http://www.napoleonicminiatureswargame.com/1806.halle.html

Pocus

Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:34 am

Right syntax yes.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:10 am

Pocus wrote:Right syntax yes.

Now, I'll fix the trouble adding the full evt_nam_COA_MilitaryOption3_Regen
section.
I'll use a Probability=50.
If you have a better Probability value to suggest please contact me.

So, is it Probability=50 OKAY for you??
Ney: The army will not move!
Napoleon: The army will obey me!
Ney: The army will obey to its Generals’ orders!

[SIZE="1"]Fontainebleau, April 1814[/size]

Pocus

Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:29 am

This is the one about supplies for COA? 60% is ok too...

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:46 am

Pocus wrote:This is the one about supplies for COA? 60% is ok too...

Received!
I'll update to 60%: I'll e-mail you the files with next fixes batch!

arsan

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:31 pm

Hi!

I noticed a couple of quirks with this beta patch.
1- There are no more any dots shown under the cities names on the map when there are land forces (and probably naval too) inside towns. The colored line is there for them, but no dots appear.
Check the screen: inside Madrid there are a lot of French tstacks but no dots under Madrid's name
[ATTACH]4689[/ATTACH]

2- Maybe it was there before and i just noticed now but... Cadiz and Gibraltar names tags are nearly completely obscured by the cities graphics. Probably its because of some level increase of these city/fortress on the latest patches.
Check the screen.
[ATTACH]4690[/ATTACH]

Regards
Attachments
cities names.jpg
no dots on cities.jpg

PhilThib

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:43 pm

We'll check that tomorrow.. thanks :confused:

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”