I have had problems playing the 1812 scenario (much like Napoleon himself!).
1. It appears the Russians start with 1200 VPs, which seems an impossible total for the French to overhaul, even if the Russian army is destroyed. Is this intended?
2. The scenario guide says the French need to hold Moscow and a couple of other objective towns to win. Even with the Russian army destroyed and with Moscow, Riga & Minsk occupied, the best I have done is achieve a stalemate because of the VP imbalance.
3. When I have got close to what might be a victory the game crashes with a critical error on the last turn.
4. I even tried to play the Russians to lose, (letting the French into all objective cities) see if a French win is possible, but the AI did no better and again the game crashed on the last turn.
5. This might be game technique, but after the first few turns it seems almost impossible to force a big battle victory, even if I outnumber the enemy, have supplies, have sorted any command penalties, cohesion etc. Is there a trick I am missing somewhere?
Any advice / help would be most welcome!