jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Redeploy Leader or HQ

Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:07 pm

Special Order "Redeploy Leader or HQ" seems not to work: ver. 1.03c.
"Redeploy Leader or HQ" Special Order appears in the list of available Special Orders but it cannot be activated.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:22 pm

Indeed NPC manual is not very detailed as regard this order.

""This Order Instantly Redeploys Leaders Or Army HQs From One Region To Another. Players Are Limited As To The Number Of Times They May Use This Order (Per The # Selected In The Game Options).""

I tried to execute "Redeploy Leader" command after selecting a leader in the Army Force. Selected leader was not in command of units, (Divisions), and he was not in command of the Army: the Redeploy Leader button actually seems to be active, although I cannot push it back.
Is there any known rule isssue, not reported in the manual, as regard?
Cannot say it's a bug or a mistaken interpretation of activation routine for "Redeploy Leader" command.

Hope to have suggestions/assistance.

Thanks

JastaV

Pocus

Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:18 pm

We are rounding up a patch for NCP, it should be up in some days. This should fix any issue you have with the button.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:07 pm

Thanks for answering.....and my congratulation for the Games!

A couple of things as regard Leaders Redeployement.

1. At present Leaders Redeployement are Limited As To The Number Of Times Per The # Selected In TheGame Options: Anyway the feature in unbalanced with AI getting an advantage.
An option giving same Redeployement chances per turn to player and AI should be perhaps introduced.

2. Besiged Leader, player and AI, should not be allowed to Redeploy, anyway.
In the Austerlitz historical campaign Von Mack was captured at Ulm following to the Austrin fortress surrender.....
In the game, I played "Sun of Austerlitz" Campaign twice, I saw AI Von Mack entrapped into Ulm easely sneaking out and assuming command of other forces!

JastaV

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Fri May 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Has this been fixed? Redeploy doesn't seem to work in my game. (I know how it's done, I am doing it all the time in AACW.)

Thanks! :)
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]
Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)
[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]
American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

arsan

Fri May 16, 2008 1:51 pm

It works in the 1.04 beta patch
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9003

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”