Moogel
Private

crash to desktop as soon it loads the game

Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:54 am

Hello,

I bought Napoleons campaigns from gamersgate yesterday and have tried installing game twice now.
Game started ok with ncp1.00, i got to main menu but after installing patch 1.03b it crashes back to desktop after loading data3/3.
I sent this message to support@ageod.com but also thought that someone here could know answer to my problem.
Im using windows xp sp2
heres my main log:
[ATTACH]2250[/ATTACH]

Thank you for any help
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Rafiki

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi Moogel, and welcome to the forums :)

Sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered. Luckily, I think it can be sorted our easily.

Some publisher's are distributing the very first version of the game, which requires a so-called "foundation patch" to be applied before your can apply the regular patches. Download the foundation patch here: http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/PatchFondation_NCP.exe and install it, then install the 1.03b patch. That should bring your game up to speed :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Moogel
Private

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:05 pm

Thanks Rafiki, that did the trick and didnt change my game to French :)
Why this foundation patch isnt here in English side ? as i cant understand french at all :)

Thank you again and ill spend my evening rampaging across central europe tonight :niark:

Rafiki

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:11 pm

I'm not familiar with the details surrounding the foundation patch, so I can't really answer much about it, but I'm happy you got things working and that you now are able to enjoy the game :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Pocus

Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:28 pm

The foundation patch is not supposed to be of use to non-french people, as all publishers have received at least version 1.01. I don't quite know why GG is proposing version 1.00. Do you have a contact address for them?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Moogel
Private

Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi Pocus,

Only email address i know is support@gamersgate.com.
Hopefully you can change their version as i think that napoleons campaigns can have many customers at gamersgate customer base.
Thanks for rapid answer from your support email.

Pocus

Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:27 am

Ok, PhilThib gave me the mail of the boss at GG... Hopefully things will change fast on their side too.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”