Adam Parker
Sergeant

2 Art Issues

Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:46 pm

1. I just tried the Waterloo scenario as the French and noticed that using the 2d art (the art showing the General's faces), it looks like some artwork is incomplete for some divisions. Eg: I see hats and uniforms but no faces just plain skin-pink areas that look really odd.

2. Also is anyone else having trouble finding the boundaries of areas? They seem to be so thin and pale its hard discern where a unit should move to.

On a positive note, the British and Prussian AI attacked me from the start and wiped me out.

caranorn

Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:12 pm

1) Yes, some generals only have generic portraits. That's because either no portrait exists, too low quality portrait to use by the game's artist, or simply there has been no time to include one yet.
Marc aka Caran...

Adam Parker
Sergeant

Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:41 pm

caranorn wrote:1) ...too low quality portrait to use by the game's artist, or simply there has been no time to include one yet.

I wasn't aware of this. It hasn't been mentioned anywhere.

I honeslty am disappointed. The game looks half finsihed as it is.

Is there a fix in the works?

IronX
Conscript

Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:01 pm

Adam Parker wrote:The game looks half finsihed as it is.

What rubbish. Sure there are some minor commanders with generic portraits, but expecting images of every commander from 200 years ago to be easily accessible to the artists is wishful thinking. Ageod has an excellent record for producing polished games and this one is no exception.

benpark
Sergeant

Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:42 pm

The game looks better than great to me. As IronX noted, it's impossible to know what some of these persons looked like.

If we can find images of some of these missing officers, they can be added/modded.

Adam Parker
Sergeant

Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:01 am

Iron X you misunderstood me.

In my version of the game I have 2d divisional counters in the Unit Panel with hats, uniforms and no faces. Just empty pink.

I'm hoping it is an oversight but I do not like it.

Thank you.

Adam Parker
Sergeant

Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:13 am

PS: Come to think of it, I think I misunderstood Caranorn's kind reply in my response to him and this led to you misunderstanding me.

Apologies.

To be clear, I'm only talking about completely missing faces of some divisions in the Unit Panel.

I don't care what these faces will look like but blank pink circles look half-finished.

Thanks again,
Adam.

PhilThib

Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:49 am

This shall be fixed with next patch, comes from missing portraits of generals in the db as we could not find them from the various sources we searched.

Adam Parker
Sergeant

Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:03 am

Thank you for responding Philippe, I honestly thought I was going crazy.

I wish you and AGEOD every success with this title and I immensely look forward to buying BoA Gold in the future.

I am very happy having bought BoA and AACW directly from AGEOD and for your company's always prompt replies.

Adam.

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”