Hohenstaufen
Private

NCP Crash after patch

Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:58 pm

Having recently purchased NCP because i wanted to find out what´s so intruiging about the Napoleonic Era.
After patching to 1.03 the game crashes. I can´t even update to 1.10b it crash with that patch also.
[ATTACH]33232[/ATTACH]

I have attached the log file so maybe someone can check it and see whats wrong.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Pocus

Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:30 am

you don't have to patch the game in succession, the patches are all inclusive. Install the basic version and then patch to latest patch. If problem persists in patching, contact support@slitherine.co.uk as the game is running well with latest patch since some years now.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hohenstaufen
Private

Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:58 pm

I have tried to patch it from Zero also ( 1.00 )
But only get this message up

But i will try and email slitherine then and see what they can do about the problem.
I haven´t messed with the game or anything. Just patched it from 1.00 up to the latest.

Franciscus

Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:20 am

Hi

May I ask what version of the game you bought and where did you buy it ?

If you really have the 1.00 version, you have the very old "boxed" version, and you need the "foundation patch" before applying the latest patch.

This foundation patch was available for some years in the forum (http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?6556-Patch-de-Fondation-pour-la-version-Boite-1-00&highlight=NCP+foundation+patch) but it seems to be no longer available here. It seems to be still available at Strategy Informer::
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/napoleonscampaigns/patch/21207.html

So, you should try to first apply this "foundation patch", and then the latest NCP official patch.

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:31 am

1.00 was sold when there existed a company called Nobilis, a publisher, some 8 years ago. The boxes should not be sold anymore since some time by the way.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hohenstaufen
Private

Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:29 pm

It works! The foundation patch was all that was needed. I bought the game from webhallen.se a Swedish gaming site. So it was because of them the game didn´t work. I could even get the game to work when i bought it.
But now the game is 1.10b and working like a charm! :)
Thanks for the help, much appreciated :)

Franciscus

Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:03 pm

Glad I could help :hat:

It's very strange that an online site, selling via download the game, has this outdated version of the game... :confused:

That's one reason I try to always buy my games directly from the producers.

Best regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hohenstaufen
Private

Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:09 pm

Yes that´s very strange indeed.
I got it cheap that´s why i bought it from the site haha :P Got it for like 5€ or something :)

Pocus

Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:18 am

That's the 2007 version, we get zero money from it, even if we provided support to you. So if you like our games, that would be nice you consider buying from the Ageod site (or Steam) instead, so we can continue our activity ;)

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”