Uxbridge
Corporal

Save peculiarities in 1.3b

Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:32 pm

We've just started a new campaign in 1.3b. Everything is normal until I (Non-host player) try to save the game before returning ORD-file to opponent. I save the game, but there just aren't any ORD-file in the "saves".

If I close the game and restart it, it is possible to open the saved file, however, so it seems it is located someplace, but where??

I've even tried to save under a different name. Same result. There's nothing to be seen in the saves folder, but I can reload even this save.

What am I doing wrong this time?

Pocus

Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:28 am

Using Vista :)

Ok, its not your fault, tell me if you are using Vista?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Primasprit

Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:26 pm

In case you are using Vista this thread might help you:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=7308
(Especially post 17 and 20)

Cheers
Norbert

Uxbridge
Corporal

Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:33 pm

Thanks guys. I actually figured it out late yesterday, but never got round to tell you before retiring to bed. Yes, I have Vista now.

Since I knew the files were there somewhere I made a search for ".ord". This told me that the file was located in a very odd place (odd since I couldn't follow the directories in the path). The system had placed it in folders that were hidden, that's what it was all about. Unlocking those, I managed to extricate the file.

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”