Uxbridge
Corporal

PBEM problem with ... password?

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:40 pm

We're having a bit of a problem here. Yesterday we both installed the new patch and started the 1818-campaign over. Now, when trying to load the game (I'm non-host) there's a prompt saying: "Your password; , set in the options window, doesn't match the one saved into the file". :8o:

What's all this about? There's no passwords in the game, ist it? Is it something about his options settings not matching mine, or what? Any ideas?

Steph
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:54 pm

Same for me ! no way to load the TRN sent by the host...same error message since version 2.0
[color="Red"][font="Arial Narrow"]"Ce n'est pas possible ; cela n'est pas français"[/font][/color]

Uxbridge
Corporal

Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:25 pm

Well, thanks for that. Then it isn't us doing something wrong. Time for another small patch I take it. :innocent:

Henry D.

Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:05 pm

Hey, were did You get a 1818-campaign from? :sourcil:

Well, ltr213 and myself tried out PbEM with 1.02 yesterday and it worked like a charm.

However, I get the same error message like the two of You when trying to open the AI turn-files in my singleplayer games. That is not only a problem for certain aspects of Beta-testing, but actually pretty much kills hotseat playing, too. So I concur, passwort-protection may needs to be looked into again...

Regards, Henry :)
Henry D, also known as "Stauffenberg" @ Strategycon Interactive and formerly (un)known as "whatasillyname" @ Paradox Forums

"Rackers, wollt Ihr ewig leben?" (Rascals, Do You want to live forever?) - Frederick the Great, cursing at his fleeing Grenadiers at the battle of Kunersdorf

"Nee, Fritze, aber für fuffzehn Pfennije is' heute jenuch!" (No, Freddy, but for 15p let's call it a day!) - Retort of one passing Grenadier to the above :sourcil:

Celtic

Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:56 pm

can someone have the pb, sent it to he suport please. I will verify if there is soeyhing wrong.
thanks.

Uxbridge
Corporal

Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:33 pm

1818? Guess I went a bit too far there. It was 1812. :siffle:

I'll send the TRN-file to support; whereever that is ...

Henry D.

Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:59 pm

Uxbridge wrote:1818? Guess I went a bit too far there. It was 1812. :siffle:

I'll send the TRN-file to support; whereever that is ...

[email="support@ageod.com"]support@ageod.com[/email]

Henry D, also known as "Stauffenberg" @ Strategycon Interactive and formerly (un)known as "whatasillyname" @ Paradox Forums

"Rackers, wollt Ihr ewig leben?" (Rascals, Do You want to live forever?) - Frederick the Great, cursing at his fleeing Grenadiers at the battle of Kunersdorf

"Nee, Fritze, aber für fuffzehn Pfennije is' heute jenuch!" (No, Freddy, but for 15p let's call it a day!) - Retort of one passing Grenadier to the above :sourcil:

Uxbridge
Corporal

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:09 pm

Henry D. wrote:[email="support@ageod.com"]support@ageod.com[/email]

Good, it just went there. Hope you find something, I'm eager to conquer and my opponent ready to be thrashed! :niark:

Steph
Lieutenant

Sos

Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:57 pm

please don't let us with this terrific problem....i have 4 PBEM's in progress waiting for your reply !...

:p leure: :p leure:
[color="Red"][font="Arial Narrow"]"Ce n'est pas possible ; cela n'est pas français"[/font][/color]

Rednitz
Civilian

Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:03 pm

Well Uxbridge!

You should use the extra time you got, to practise.

As your opponent, i now you need it. :cwboy:

Pocus

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:42 am

Celtic is on the problem, he will tell us what's going on soon and we will do a patch as soon as possible.

Steph, if you have a complete saved game (all the files in zip), please send it to us at [email="support@ageod.com"]support@ageod.com[/email]

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Celtic

Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:07 pm

Please can you add also in the zip file the file General.opt.

Henry D.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:19 pm

Well, add me to the "I can't play PbEM".crowd, too, please.

I wanted to start a PbEm with Sol Invictus (me hosting), but he also gets "Your password; , set in the options window, doesn't match the one saved into the file".

The funny thing: I set up a completely new installation of NCP (the third currently residing on my harddrive), and made sure not to set ANY password in the process.

I do have a half-assed theory, though, which Sol may be able confirm or dismiss:

As I said earlier, when I tried PbEM with ltr213 on thursday, it worked without problem. But we both had "turn compression" de-activated. I don't know yet if Sol has it activated, but if so, there may be a root of the problem. We'll check if it works with both players de-activating "turn compression"...

Sol Invictus

Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:43 pm

Several patches ago, I did set a password, but had unselected the Compression option afterword. I just went into Options and checked Compression and then removed my Password but then unchecked Compression. I then tried to load Henry's turn again and I get the same error message, with the exception of it not specificly listing my old Password, which I had just removed. I really thought Henry was on the right track, but it must be something else.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Henry D.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:46 pm

Well, so much for my smart theories... :nuts: :(

Thx for chiming in so quickly, Sol...

Syt
Colonel

Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:57 pm

I wanted to start the Russo-Swedish War with a friend, but the TRN he sent also complains about my password being wrong. I tried it with my "normal" password, plus an empty password, and without turn compression.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The brutality and inhumanity of war stood in great contrast to what I had heard and read about as a youth.
- Reinhold Spengler, war volunteer 1st Bavarian Infanterie Regmnt., 1916

Steph
Lieutenant

Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:58 pm

No pb to send you these files but as it works when i am hosting the game, you should ask to Jadeking to send all the files...I am quite sure that the problem comes from options...I never change them and for the 1st time, Jadeking wanted to make some changes => error messages / no pb with others players who do not change these options.

Pocus

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:30 am

You can already check manually if you have a password set before anything else. Click on 'use file compression', and then be sure to empty the password box. Then uncheck the file compression option, and then recreate a scenario for you and your buddy.

We are on the issue, sorry for the delay.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Steph
Lieutenant

strange...

Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:08 pm

strange because neither JadeKing nor I, have selected this option...

Uxbridge
Corporal

Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:16 am

Has there been any progress on this issue. We're rapidly closing on Christmas. I and Rednitz was planning to play this game during the holidays. If NCP is unplayable for the time being, we must quickly buy something else. Do we have to look for another game?? :(

Pocus

Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:11 pm

Yup, Celtic worked on a fix, hope it will make your day, here it is:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/patch_NCP_v1.02b.zip

Uxbridge
Corporal

Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:59 pm

Thanks a lot. Really hopes it works. :hat:

By the way, is the previously reported "Spanish bug" that caused a CTD corrected as well? I'd like to try the Spanish Ulcer against Athena, but I didn't fancy stopping by february 8th.

From what you told us earlier it was an easy-to-spot-bug, so I suppose it's neutralized by now. Just wanted to check!

Pocus

Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:20 am

Yes it should be fixed too.

Uxbridge
Corporal

Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:44 pm

Splendid!

Uxbridge
Corporal

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:23 am

The game seems to work fine after the last update. Christmas is saved, for what else should you do than play war games?

Once again thank you for the prompt reaction.

Pocus

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:39 am

you're welcome

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”