mattpeckham
Civilian

Unit selection slowdown?

Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:57 pm

Anyone else have the problem where you select a large stack and the game performance drops dramatically? Right-click (de-select) and it instantly returns to normal. Bug? Design issue? Something set in options that might remedy?

Pocus

Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:15 pm

There is much computing done when you select a stack, but this is should only be noticable if your system spec is average or below.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

mattpeckham
Civilian

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:59 pm

2GB RAM + 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, so I don't think it's my hardware. And it's a *sustained* performance drop, meaning it continues for as long as the stack's selected, i.e. it doesn't get better after a few seconds.

Pocus

Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:54 pm

This also depends of the stack size.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

mattpeckham
Civilian

Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:31 pm

Pocus wrote:This also depends of the stack size.

Right, I understand what you're suggesting P, but what's it calculating after you've selected the stack? I'm talking about just clicking on a stack, not combat, not movement, not waiting for the computer to calculate the next turn -- just clicking on it. And as long as you're clicked on it, the game's performance seems to drop by 1/3 to 1/2 (based on Fraps, anyway).

highpocrisy
Conscript

Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:54 am

Happends here too, especially in the russian campaign.It's very annoying alongside all the bugs in NPC and AMCW, both of which I've gave up playing until they're patched...

Pocus

Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:53 am

They are patched. AACW was patched perhaps 50 times, if you include the subversions.

For example the program recalculate each frame if you can attach a corps to an army, and which army. The solution to improve that would be to store the results, until the stack change that is. In the end its a question of priority on our task list.

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”