Drambuie
Corporal

Graphics engine question

Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:51 am

Hi,

Very interested in this game, but have a question - I had issues with glitches/crashes playing Birth of America which I managed to get round but is still problematic occasionally - running a radeon x1950 pro. (didn't want to install the recopmmended non-ati drivers)

Has this got a new graphics engine that will be more resilient dealing with the newer cards/official ati drivers?

Thanks

Primasprit

Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:54 pm

Hi Drambuie!

NCP uses the same graphic engine as BoA or AACW. I recommend that you give the Demo a try, to check if it works with your card/drivers.

I use an ATI 1650pro and it runs fine. However I use not the official ATI drivers. The simple reason is that since two driver versions no DirectX game runs anymore with the official drivers (DXDiag don't find any DirectX support anmore). The Omega driver work just fine. Additionally they use not this big and slow Catalyst Control Center but a much faster alternative. :)

The last 3 graphic cards I bought where ATI, but with all the trouble I had with the drivers I won't buy another one...

Cheers
Norbert

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”