Nikel

NCP and Windows 7 beta

Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:52 am

Just bought a new HD for my laptop and I have tried a beta of the next Windows version, Windows 7. Just in case this information is useful, NCP runs fine here :thumbsup: At least in this version, build 7048 64 bits. Nvidia beta drivers, it was not needed to install DirectX ;)

[ATTACH]6857[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Windows 7 NCP.jpg

arsan

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 am

Good news! :thumbsup:
How does Windows 7 work?? better than Vista? or will i have to keep my Xp until 2020? ;)

Nikel

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:54 am

Hi arsan ;)

Not a lot of time to test Windows 7, as you can see in the screenshot it was late night and I had just installed it.

It is a beta version and somewhat buggy, it is not even the latest leaked build. In general is very similar to Vista, the bar below is different and confusing to me, seems like another step in looking similar to Apple OS. An important difference is the use of RAM, it is very low compared to Vista, though I have read that in posterior builds it has increased, let's wait for the final version ;)

arsan

Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:01 am

Just noticed... i hope that product key that figures on your screen is not personal and non-transferable :blink: :D

Nikel

Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:19 am

That is the product id of this leaked beta version, it is a trial beta and not activated.

No key code introduced by me after installation as I have none ;) I am not sure but probably you cannot activate beta versions?

Edit: yes beta versions can be activated. Found this information, if you activate you can use the beta version for more time.

Only difference between activated and non-activated windows 7 is that Non- Activated Windows 7 beta will work for only 30 days and geniunly activated Windows 7 will expiry on 1 August, 2009

When microsoft released to the general public the build 7000 it came with several Activation keys, and they ar eeasy to find. Note that the activation key is different of the Product Id. ;)

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”