jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Germany APRIL 1813 Campaign

Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:07 am

[SIZE="3"]Struggle of Nations - Germany, APRIL 1813[/size]

I started working over the OOB for the mod to Struggle of Nations scenery begining in April 1813.

For reference sources and OOB details I invite you to see:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9817
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9930

I'll take chance to thanks all mates supporting the project with historical data and relative source links.

The campaign takes moves by late April 1813, (last April week).
At that time Eugene's Armee de l'Elbe was forced to leave Saxony and the Eastern side of Elbe river, included the region of Berlin.
While till forming, French Armee du Mein, under Napoleons Command is forced by events to advance eastward to support Eugene and to secure Saxony.
French have till an hold over Poland and Estern Prussia controlling some fortresses there: the same fortresses controlled into default NCP Struggle of Nations scenery.
Coalition Forces, (Prussian and Russian), have been spreaded and committed to siege duties in the East; along the Elbe and in Saxony Coalition Armies are paralized by command struggle.
Napoleon has tilla great chance to recover the initiative and defeat the Coalition in Saxony..... In May the battles of Lutzen and Bautzen resulted in a stall followed by the summer Armistice.

At present moment I'm going after the French Forces starting composition and deployement.
The OOB for default NCP Struggle of Nations scenery has been assumed as a reference point for editing duty although casualties from Lutzen and Bautzen and the new forces committed by the two sides add plenty of differences.

In this example the 18e Ligne Div. from Lauriston V Corps: this division is not represented into default NCP Struggle of Nations Campaign, having been at that time detached for garrison duty.

18e Division, (April 1813)
Charrière Brigade: 134e Ligne|154e Ligne
Suden Brigade: 155e Ligne|3e Rgt Legion Irlandaise
Bat. Adam 10e Cie/ 4e Rgt Art. Pied (6)
Bat. Adam 7e Cie/ 7e Rgt Art. Pied (6)

Note, the two regiments of each brigade have been mearged into an only Brigade unit.

In this second example the 155e Ligne & the 3e Rgt Legion Irlandaise figure out as separate units.

In other words, Suden Brigade is represented by two "Demi-Brigade" units: 1/Brigade Suden & 2/Brigade Suden.
This solution evidences the presence of the Legion Irlandaise in the ranks of 18e Division!

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:36 am

I just posted a pool over NCP map modding chances against default NCP map:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9974

That will be for Germany APRIL 1813 Campaign editing criteria, as for future projects!

I invite and please everybody to enjoy the pool thread for answering.

Thanks in advance

JastaV

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:36 pm

Here is a picture of Bde Laboissièr, leaded by Kellerman Jr. organized into Ney's 3e Corps, Germany April 1813.
It's my first attempt to organize units in Brigade Formation.

At present, as in the picture, brigade command cost is 3 as for divisions.........
and players will not have chance to form new brigade units during the game.

Perhaps these torubles could be fixed by re-working the $famLeader slot......
Something I planned to try later!

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:51 pm

Here is the OOB for the Armee de l'Elbe, April 1813.

Division strenght is indicated as thousands men, ths men, rounded up to the closer thousand.
So a 1 th men unit could be conposed of as few as 501 men or as much as 1500 men.

Ths men here reported are assumed by Avalon Hill The Struggle of Nations Spring scenery OOB: beeing it the most complete source at hand.
I'll compare these data to other OOB sources, to get the final OOB edited in my NCP Germany April 1813 Scenery.
Attachments

[The extension doc has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:37 pm

Here is first image from April-1813 Campaign.
The picture is centered over Middle Elbe River.
Troops deployement is referred to April last week, although I'm considering an early April start-up.....
I cannot anticipate details over the OOBs, but they are very different from August 1813 ones!

Return to “NCP Mods”