jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Subfaction editing: need tip

Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:19 pm

I tried modded Subfaction files from NCP-DB.
In the instance I edited LGE_inc_CMN_SubFactions1813c excel file.
Converting it to scv file was not a trouble......Questions arize when it was time to process it by CSVSplitter.
It's no clear the page into CSVSplitter to select when processing a SubFactions.csv file and the CSVSplitter page fileds to edit/select.

Thanks in advance for guidelines and suggestions.

JastaV

lodilefty

Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:23 pm

Use the Setup, Events tab as it is [don't change settings], then rename the resulting file 'Script.ini' to the name referenced in your setup 'Include' statements...

...then the resulting file goes to \includes sub-directory to be referenced during scenario compile...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:44 pm

lodilefty wrote:Use the Setup, Events tab as it is [don't change settings], then rename the resulting file 'Script.ini' to the name referenced in your setup 'Include' statements...

...then the resulting file goes to \includes sub-directory to be referenced during scenario compile...

Just tried......
RESULTING FILE IS an INI file instead of INC file.

In a second attempt I edited in FileName field of CSVSplitter Setup, Events page Subfactions.INC as my selection for FileName.
It seems to work!

Thanks for your support!

lodilefty

Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:03 pm

jastaV wrote:Just tried......
RESULTING FILE IS an INI file instead of INC file.

In a second attempt I edited in FileName field of CSVSplitter Setup, Events page Subfactions.INC as my selection for FileName.
It seems to work!

Thanks for your support!

First way would have been OK once you renamed to Subfactions.inc
They're just simple text files... ;)

be sure thats the filename your scenario will reference:
[INDENT].inc files referenced by the Setup [script.ini] will only be referenced when you compile the new scenario: they are not 'dynamic' like event files...[/INDENT]
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “NCP Mods”