jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

The Struggle of Nations 1813: historical mod

Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:04 pm

The Struggle of Nations 1813-Germany, 1813: Historical Mod

[quote][color="Red"][SIZE="3"]The Struggle of Nations 1813-Germany, 1813: Historical Mod.
ver. 3.13 NOW AVAILABLE !!!!![/size]
[/color]
Check at bottom of this thread for last available update!

Added three new on-call Armies to French sides.
Player has to activate them by Military Options: remember, Page 3 of Military option menu is now available.

Added new Generals to French and Coalition sides.

Included new general portraits edited by Nikel.

Included new Random events adding historical depth to game:
-Enemy Calvary superiority: French HQ ratings are temporary reduced to simulate overwhelming power of Coalition Calvary, increasing French side for of war and theatening French LOC.
-Contested Leadership: Coalition HQ ratings are temporary reduced to simulate contested leadership and opposed planning within Coalition Command.

"The Struggle of Nations-Germany, 1813, Historical Mod" is now accessible through a new selectable campaign, indipendent and separated from the default "The Struggle of Nations -Germany 1813" campaign.
Even after this installation player will have chance to select and play default, "The Struggle of Nations -Germany 1813" campaign or "The Struggle of Nations-Germany, 1813, Historical Mod" campaign.
There's no chance of interference between the two campaigns.

Added a new Military Option for French side: "Dresden fortification improvements".

Default Models for French units have been replaced by historically accurate 1813-1814 unit models.
French forces are now weeker: Cohesion, Strength and Combat Efficiency max values per unit beeing reduced: the default NCP 1813 Campaign makes large use of the strongher 1812 unit models.

A reworked, unique Objective List for Coalition and French sides.
A Reworked Region-VP list.

This two issues influence AI plannig, with most actions carried out in the places where the historical 1813 campaign was fought and decided.
AI armies concentrates in Saxony, Silesia, and along the Medium Elbe-Central Germany area.
In my tests I got ideas of a more aggressive AI opponent.

Map structures as Fortresses and Cities have been moved to new regions in the areas nearby Elbe River.
That has been dictated by stretegic and historical overlooks rather than topographic reasons.
Fortresses have been placed where they can control main routes: a couple of new fortresses were added.
Leipzig City has been moved because it was too much close to Dresden in the default campaign. In a reaction chain also Erfurt was shifted to the west: two new towns, (Wurzer and Weimar) has been added on spots previously occupied by Leipzig and Erfurt.

Garrison units have been added into all active fortresses in the scenery: most of them were ungarrisoned in the default 1813 Campaign.
Garrisons are static forces, quite week, with very few effect over campaign outacome.
I added garrisons for two reasons. It was no sence having a fortress with no troops inside!
Garrisoned fortress will prevent uncontested advanece in depth, in enemy territory: guess, raiding forces will struggle to gain fortresses control before advancing forward.

Leaderships improvements should come with the addition to Guard Corps Leaders of the Guard Commit ability.
This issue regards French and Russian Guard Corps Leader only: that to say the only Guard units having a reputation of elite shock troops.

Minor fixes and general improvement to ver 2.04

Special thanks to Nikel, who provided additional General Portraits added to present installation.
A very big thank to Lodilefty who patientely answered to my questions and greately helped me within the complex matter of events editing & testing.
A particulatr thank to Rafiki: I forced him to extradinary work, having to move and redirect many of my threads.
Thanks in advance to all who will support the projects with suggestions and feedbacckes having tried Germany 1813, Hist. Mod campaign!

Have fun!
....and please report comments!

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:01 pm

The Struggle of Nations 1813, mod [color="Red"]ver. 1.04[/color]
Historical 1813 models for French units
Magdeburg - Wittenberg topograpihc mod

But the old, ver 1.03 Historical 1813 models for French units mod a new Topographic mod has been added.
Position on map of Magdeburg and Wittemberge Regions has been re-worked to get a major topographic accuracy.
To improve historical detail I have added Wittemberg Fortress in Wittemberge Region.
Wittemberg & Magdeburg fortresses now control the two main roads to reach Berlin from the West, across the Elbe.
Note, two other no-city, no-fortress Regions have been renamed: that to allow Magdeburg and Wittemberge Regions shift.

See readme for details.

NOTE
As detailed at the quoted thread:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9958
The Struggle of Nations 1813, mod [color="Red"]ver. 1.04[/color] [SIZE="3"]IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH EXISTING, DEFAULT NCP CAMPAIGNS!
IT'S MANDATORY TO RESTORE ORIGINAL DEFAULT NCP FILES, AFTER YOU HAVE FINISHED PLAYING The Struggle of Nations 1813, mod [color="Red"]ver. 1.04[/color] [/size]

Have fun!
Attachments
1813_mod_ver104.rar
(332.4 KiB) Downloaded 202 times

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:04 pm

[SIZE="3"]The Struggle of Nations 1813: Historical Mod, [color="Red"]ver.2.01[/color][/size]

Going from ver.1.0x to ver.2.01 I left behind all mods to region files, (.RGN) and graphic region files, (.PNG file).
That because of major threats to NCP program stability, when such files are 3rd party modded out of the official AGEOD routine.

"[color="red"]The Struggle of Nations 1813, Historical Mod"[/color] is now accessible through a new selectable campaign, indipendent and separated from the default "The Struggle of Nations -Germany 1813" campaign.

Default Models for French units have been replaced by historically accurate 1813-1814 unit models.

Map structures as Fortresses and Cities in the areas nearby Elbe River have been moved to new regions.

Garrison units have been added into all active fortresses in the scenery: most of them were ungarrisoned in the default 1813 Campaign.

Leadership improvements should come with the addition to Guard Corps Leaders of the Guard Commit ability.
This issue regards French and Russian Guard Corps Leader only: that to say the only Guard units having a reputation of elite, shock troops.

Have fun!
....and please report comments!

P.S.: a pool dedicated to topographic changes enabled with The Struggle of Nations 1813: Historical Mod, ver.2.01 is active at:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=9974
Attachments
1813H_vr201.rar
(884.26 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:15 pm

Here is The Struggle of Nations-Germany 1813, Historical Mod, [color="Red"]ver.2.04[/color]

http://www.mediafire.com/?wnzpz9tugmd

Version [color="red"]2.04[/color] fixes the "Donegal" Objectives List bug.

NOTE: direct upload to AGEOD site does not work yet :bonk: !
......at least for me!
Attachments
1813H_vr204.rar
(613.97 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Germany, 1813- Hist. Mod: NEW ver. 2.08

Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:51 pm

The Struggle of Nations 1813-Germany, 1813: Historical Mod ver 2.06 is now available for download:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9917

Have fun!

JastaV

[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]SEE DOWN HERE FOR LAST AVAILABLE VERSION:[/size][/color]

http://www.birth-of-america2.com/ageod/forums/showpost.php?p=96886&postcount=9

sparta
Conscript

Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:48 am

Dumb question, but how do I install the mod after download?

M.Lannes
Conscript

Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:15 am

Good job serial modder ^^
[LEFT]"Je redoute trois journaux plus que 100.000 baïonnettes"[/LEFT]
[RIGHT]Napoléon Bonaparte[/RIGHT]

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:38 am

sparta wrote:Dumb question, but how do I install the mod after download?

It's detailed in the readme:

To install "The Struggle of Nations, Germany 1813: Historical Mod copy/past full content of present pack over your AGEOD NCP game installation directory: NOTE SOME FILES WILL PAST OVER ORIGINAL ONES!

sparta
Conscript

Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:03 am

I must be really dense, but my download does not have a readme. I cant´t open it as it does not have a program assigned for opening. I can+t seem to find a NCP game installation directory either. It´´s a shame as I would like to play with your interesting mods.

Nikel

Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:21 am

Hi sparta. jastaV's modded campaign is here

http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3636&d=1217533550

It is a compressed .rar file. You need winrar or a similar software to extract the files. 7-zip is a free alternative. With it you can extract or unpack .zip and .rar files, the usual formats for compressed files. Software like this are a must on every computer

http://www.7-zip.org/

Once you extract it you will get a txt readme file and the modded files.

Your NCP installation should be on your "program files" folder, or similar if you use a non english language. There should be a folder named "Napoleon's Campaigns". BEsides you can use windows search utility to find it, if it is not there

sparta
Conscript

Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:56 pm

Thx a lot, it works perfecttly (Iwas confused by the normal patches unzipping themselves). The scenario looks brilliant, having already played 1813 three times I look forward to it. Especially I like the northern fortresses, which now makes Bernadottes army much less vulnerable - in my previous games he was smashed against Hamburg in two/three turns. It´s beautifull the way the new garrisons are of the correct nationality for the minor states, only cosmetic flaw I found was the saxon Lwr in previous Leipzig now wurzen is still called lwr Leipzig.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:19 pm

I'm working over ver. 208, now!
Guess it will not be available for upload till next week: so in the weekend you should enjoy version 2.06!
But troubles evidenced by game sessions -(Reporting feedbacks over ver. 206 will greately help!!!!), ver. 208 could be the last of series 2!
Later I'll open ver.3: with this I do not mind to intruduce new game issues but to work files so to get a completely indipendent installation: no more files shared with default 1813 Campaign!

jastaV

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:45 am

A week later The Struggle of Nations 1813-Germany, 1813: Historical Mod ver 2.06 upload, and with near 30 downloads I had no negative feedbacks!
That let me think no serious truobles as bugs, crashes, or error messages have been expirenced!

A new version will should soon available, adding new issues events and options related!
Stay tuned!

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Germany, 1813: Historical Mod

Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:32 pm

The Struggle of Nations 1813-Germany, 1813: Historical Mod [color="Red"]ver 2.08[/color] is now available!

http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3707&d=1218385149

New campaing Random Events, Military Options, new Leaders with relative portraits edited by Nikel are part of ver 2.08...........

Enjoy,.......and please help The Struggle of Nations 1813-Germany, 1813: Historical Mod development by feedbacking troubles and suggestions.

JastaV

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:08 pm

The Struggle of Nations, Germany 1813: Historical Mod, [color="Red"]ver.3.03[/color] is available for download.

WHAT IS NEW:

Added full notification of Military Option related events.

Reworked VP-locations and Objective points.

Improved the occurance of random events

Improved the installation editing a pool of indipendent and unique files.

Enjoy, have fun,...... and please feedback your comments!
Attachments
1813H_vr303.rar
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 178 times

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:11 pm

The Struggle of Nations, Germany 1813: Historical Mod, [color="Red"]ver.3.03[/color] is available for download!

Get your copy here:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9917

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:42 pm

The Struggle of Nations 1813-Germany, 1813: Historical Mod.
[color="Red"][SIZE="2"]ver. 3.05[/size][/color] [SIZE="4"][color="red"]AVAILABLE !!!!![/color][/size]

[color="red"]Ver 3.05[/color] greatest new is not with something I have added, but with something I have removed........ :niark:
I eliminated links to "1813 default campaign" AI guide!
As a result AI is not more influenced by elements proper of "1813 default campaign", but now goes after strategic pictures proper of the Hist Mod Campaign.........

Ver. 3.05 new issues description and installation guide have been provided in the attached readme.

Hopefully, and but some minor changes aimed to "files" optimization, this could be the definitive version of The Struggle of Nations 1813-Germany, 1813: Historical Mod.

Reporting observations or troubles evidenced by game playing, as your personal evalutations could be of great importance.....expecially in the perspective to go Official, if possible!

Have fun and report feedbacks!

JastaV
Attachments
1813H_vr305.rar
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 155 times

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

ver. 3.05

Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:47 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="2"]ver. 3.05[/size][/color] [SIZE="4"][color="red"]AVAILABLE !!!!![/color][/size]

Ver 3.05 comes with a major change in AI opponent planning!

Hopefully this could be the definitive version of The Struggle of Nations 1813-Germany, 1813: Historical Mod.

Reporting observations or troubles evidenced by game playing, as your personal evalutations could be of great importance.....

Have fun and report feedbacks!

JastaV

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

ver 3.07

Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:15 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]ver. 3.07[/size] [/color]AVAILABLE !!!!!

[color="Red"]New[/color] with ver 3.07:

Improved Contested Leadership events for Coalition sides, fixing notification troubles.

Added new Austrian Generals.

Improved Austrian Army of Italy OOB

Changes to NM Victory Conditions, to increase game balance.

See included readme file for details.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:02 pm

In uploaded 1813H_vr307_EditFiles.rar file I collected Excel files I edited to get [color="Red"]ver 3.07[/color] of Struggle of Nations - Germany 1813, Hist. Mod. campaign.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

ver 3.08

Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:38 pm

The Struggle of Nations, Germany 1813 - Hist. Mod. [color="Red"]ver 3.08[/color]
...... [color="Red"][SIZE="2"]is available for download ![/size][/color]

See included Readme for details.

I strongly recommend to download and install Nikel's General Portraits pack before playing The Struggle of Nations, Germany 1813 - Hist. Mod.:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=98071&postcount=91

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:02 pm

The Struggle of Nations, Germany 1813 - Hist. Mod. [color="Red"]ver 3.08[/color]
Master Excel files.

The present colection of files is of interest, if any for modders and campaign designers.
It's not adreessed to users of The Struggle of Nations, Germany 1813 - Hist. Mod. ver 3.08.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

ver. 3.08

Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:23 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]The Struggle of Nations 1813-Germany, 1813: Historical Mod.
ver. 3.08 AVAILABLE !!!!![/size]
[/color]

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:42 pm

I look to [color="black"]ver 3.08 [/color]as the final version of Struggle of the Nations, Germany 1813 - Historical Mod Campaign......
But diffuse gaming will not evidence troubles!!!!

In a matter of weeks, when I'll be back after my vacancies, I'll take working over the Struggle of the Nations, Germany 1813 APRIL start up project.
Most issues worked and tested over Germany 1813 - Historical Mod Campaign will be part of the new project, while I have plans to try some new features too.

The main question to be solved is the Armistice: AGEod engine does not support it, yet, although editable events could help to simulate it!
The possibility to play a campaign starting in April 1813, and without an Armistice in the summer season, could be of interest too.
The Armistice is considered Napoleon's greatest mistake for the 1813 campaign....... Recentely, I find a scenery from an old Avalon Hill boardgame supplying special rules and reinforcements sceduled dates for a 1813 campaign to be played without the Armistice!

I had times to play and test Struggle of the Nations, Germany 1813 - Historical Mod Campaign, in depth for the two sides.
Use of 1813-1814 unit models for French forces weakens Napoleon side victory chances.
OOB for the two sides have been re-worked with addition of few leaders: the Russain Imperial HQ adds a potential new army to Coalition side under Czar Alexander I. The possibility to call for additional armies created on the field, (Army of The Bober, Army of Berlin, Army of Reserve) is an interesting option for players and AI, too.
Random events as "Coalition Calvary superiority reducing French HQ efficiency" and the "Contested leadership in Coalition command", negatively influencing COA HQ command points availability, add variability and depth to the game!
New Strategic Objectives and their re-worked NM valus, changes in VP worth cities, the reduction of transitable regions in the westernmost section of map enforce most action in Central Germany between Elbe and Oder rivers: the real places where 1813 campaign has been decided!
Sudden death NM victory and defeat conditions have been activated for both sides: the Max. NM value for Coalition has been increased. None the less Coalition player can yet trigger a sudden death victory in the late past of the campaign anticipating the campaign natural end date!
French player, has very few chances to achive a major, sudden death victory: keeping the Elbe River front-line and defeating a couple of isolated Coalition armies is best way to gain a VPs victory at scheduled campaign end!
The Italian and Bavarian theaters are secondary fronts, although the richness of VP-cities in the two areas makes their control important to achve a VPs based victory.

arsan

Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:00 pm

Great work! :coeurs:
I hope tho have some time to try it this weekend.
I had never played the vanilla scenario, so maybe i won't appreciate many of the improvements, but i'm sure i will enjoy it!
Thanks and have good vacations!! :cwboy:

Nikel

Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:25 pm

Thanks jastaV! :)

I will check it too.

About the expanded 1813 campaign, I see no problem with historical innacuracy (armistice). Is it not the point of starting before, in april, to have more time (turns) to play? Just as it is the game now you can not manage other things in the peace times (well, perhaps some reorganization of your fores), so...?

Enjoy your holydays, you deserve them, at least talking about NCP modding, I do not know what happens in real life :niark: ;)

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:53 pm

Nikel wrote:Thanks jastaV! :)

I will check it too.

About the expanded 1813 campaign, I see no problem with historical innacuracy (armistice). Is it not the point of starting before, in april, to have more time (turns) to play? Just as it is the game now you can not manage other things in the peace times (well, perhaps some reorganization of your fores), so...?

Enjoy your holydays, you deserve them, at least talking about NCP modding, I do not know what happens in real life :niark: ;)

I'm on the way to leave: so not yet on vacancies!
It'll be in the weekend!
...meanwhile'll have time to go after Ger. 1813 Hist Mod. gaming/testing: BTW, just catched a missing event notification........ :bonk: :p leure:

As regard the Armistice, it'll strictly related to PhilThip sleepless nights.....it seems like that's only time the master could dedicate to NCP, now! :niark:

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

ver 3.13

Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:58 pm

The Struggle of Nations, Germany 1813 - Hist. Mod. [color="Red"]ver 3.13[/color]
...... [color="Red"][SIZE="2"]is available for download ![/size][/color]

See included Readme for upgrade details.

I strongly recommend to download and install Nikel's General Portraits pack before playing The Struggle of Nations, Germany 1813 - Hist. Mod.:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=98071&postcount=91

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

ver 3.13, Master Excel files

Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:15 pm

The Struggle of Nations, Germany 1813 - Hist. Mod. ver 3.13
Master Excel files.

The present collection of files is of interest, if any for modders and campaign designers.
It's not adreessed to users of The Struggle of Nations, Germany 1813 - Hist. Mod. ver 3.13.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

ver 3.13

Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:22 pm

The Struggle of Nations, Germany 1813 - Hist. Mod. [color="Red"]ver 3.13[/color]
...... is available for download !

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=98752&postcount=10

ver.3.13 introduces:
-Changes to Military Options: more replacements available for Coalition.
-A couple of events balancing the game.
-Changes to NM victory conditions.
-Fixes to event notifications.
-Activate the Saxon Betrayal event.

Have fun!

Return to “NCP Mods”