jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

CitiesCampaignXXX.INC file: need some help!

Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:43 am

The way I get CitiesCampaign15m.INC file has been reported in detail in many post.

I started from LGE_Setup_scenar_1815t Excel file, from NCP_DB pack.
I edit the Cities 1815 tab, saving it as Cities.csv.
Then this file was processed by CSVSplitter to Cities.inc file, later renamed to CitiesCampaign15m.INC.

When used within NCP Edit mode program to generate the Campaign scenery file, (with the other two file needed for the process: Script.ini and events.sct files) NCP programs hungs up.
I verified and checked possible reasons, I checked files in detail and I guessed troubles are with CitiesCampaign15m.INC file

At first I noticed that my CitiesCampaign15m.INC file is definitely larger compared to default matching file CitiesCampaign15.INC file

Default CitiesCampaign15.INC file is 350 Kb

My CitiesCampaign15m.INC file is 9.62 Mb

I opened and examined in comparison the two files:
Within CitiesCampaign15m.INC file I have tons of the enlisted sequence of command lines:

SetType = $Port
SetName = _genName
SetLevel =
Apply
CityStyle =
CivLevel =
Transport =
BlockState =
SetControl =
Insurgent =
CreateStruc

This command line sequence does not appear in the original, default CitiesCampaign15.INC file.

Of course I cannot say where is the mistake producing the abnormal command line sequence repetead thousands of times in my CitiesCampaign15m.INC file.

Hope somebody could help!!!!!!

I have to add that at moment I bypassed the trouble, recovering the NCP default CitiesCampaign15.INC, added few command lines I need to add the Fortress-Port-Depot city of Ostende to 1815 campaign map, then saved resulting file as CitiesCampaign15m.INC

Of course have not troubles with NCP Edit mode program when using this last file copy to generate the Campaign scenery file to have my 1815 mod working.

Anyway I hope with your help to clarify the reasons for the abnormal generation of the CitiesCampaignXXX.INC edited according to the consolidated routine.

Thanks in advance for support

JastaV

Primasprit

Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:15 pm

Hi jastaV,

I saw in the DB file, that two columns are filled with zeros way behind the last row which contains a region. These "0" might cause the trouble when exporting the csv. I deleted them and exported via csv splitter with no problems. :cwboy:

Cheers
Norbert

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Primasprit wrote:Hi jastaV,

I saw in the DB file, that two columns are filled with zeros way behind the last row which contains a region. These "0" might cause the trouble when exporting the csv. I deleted them and exported via csv splitter with no problems. :cwboy:

Cheers
Norbert

Nice suggestion and right observation.

I delated everything was present in columns below the last row containing data for a valid regions and now things seem to work.

Thank you for support.

Question!
Is this trouble with rederence NCP_DB files to be reported to anyone for fixing in a next release?
Who is to be contacted for!

JastaV

Pocus

Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:02 am

That's ok, we know that if the script is not correctly generated, it means there are excel lines in the end which are not good.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “NCP Mods”