dvanelli
Conscript

Event Mod

Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:16 pm

Hi,

I am trying to create an event that checks the location of a unique unit and then performs an action like create replacements/unit. Is it possible to write such an event. I know how to structure the event to do everything except check the conditions on the location of the unique unit.

I can check if the unique unit exists with

EvalUnqUnit = Napoleon Ier

Now I would like to check if Napolean Ier is in Paris. Is there a way to do this?

Best regards on a great game,
-Donnie

dvanelli
Conscript

or what about checking city or harbor level.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:43 pm

Following up.

What about checking if the unique unit is in a certain size city or harbor for an event condition. Is this possible?

Pocus

Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:11 pm

This should belong to the modding forum by the way.

There is no command to check a city size or harbor.

SelUnqUnit or SelUnqSubUnit check on the map only, so it would asks for a bit of work for me, but I think this is a valid request, to restrict the search area. Can you post me a reminder about that to support@ageod.com ?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

dvanelli
Conscript

e-mail sent

Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:23 pm

E-mail sent from dvanelli@alm-llc.com to support@ageod. Thanks again. I think the above additional event condition would allow some pretty neat mods to develop to account for some minor political events in larger campaigns.

Pocus

Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:26 am

I got your mail and responded. Command should be done within one week, it is a very legit request.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “NCP Mods”