Bohémond

1808 Campaign Beautification, Feedback needed

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:59 pm

Hello,

I have made some modifications to 1808 Scenario ;

-Fixed or added messages for new or removed units (French Side)
-Fixed or added messages for Historical Events (Cintra, King Joseh, US War, Fifth Coalition, etc..)
-Military Options (French side) ;
-No more militia (useless)
-Added 1 Hvy Cavalry ( Current 0)
-Added 1 Med Art ( Current 2)
-Removed 1 Light Art ( Current 2)

It's not a lot but I just begin to mod a few days ago.

I just want to know if NCP players can give me some feedback about anything they have noticed in vanilla scenario and they want me to adjust.

Feel free to forward this post to non english forums, my mother language are French and Spanish, so no problem.

Hope to read you soon

Nikel

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:54 pm

Where were you a year ago? :(

Bohémond

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Nikel wrote:Where were you a year ago? :(

Playing Pro Cycling Manager :rolleyes:

Nikel

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:17 pm

Bohémond wrote:Playing Pro Cycling Manager :rolleyes:

lol :mdr:

Unfortunately there are not many people playing NCP, at least posting in this forum :(

A feature that was requested (Ebbingford) was the possibility to get a new HQ, that can be lost in battle. Are you able to add this feature?

Bohémond

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:28 pm

I will try , added to my to do list.

First I going to add a military option to get remplament for HQ unit, Supply unit and support unit. If HQ unit is at full strengh, it may less likely be lost in battle

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:34 pm

I'm interested, but how do I get the mod ? :confused:

Bohémond

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:10 am

Not yet ready for release, maybe in a few weeks. I need to collect enough feedback to make it somewhat consistant.

Your are welcomme to give me any suggestions.

Bohémond

Update

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:52 am

Hello

New features ;

-Now correct name for depot in Toulouse and in Perpignan
-Added Military option (French side) for support units ; 1 HQ, 1 Enginner, 1 Service, 2 Supply ; Cost ; 250 Money and 40 Conscripts

-Spanish Levies ; Regions names Typo corrected
-Spanish Levies; Regions names added or removed to prevent to get, for example, Asturian Levy in Andalusia;
-Spanish Levies ; Cohesion set to 50 % for non militia and non rioters units
-Remplacment pool at start for Coalition ; now 20 for line infantry ( Vanilla 8) and 8 for militia ( Vanilla 20 )

More news later

Bohémond

Update

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:02 am

Hello,

New features;

-Div. Westphalie now appear in the right place Perpignan ( Vanilla Bayonne)

-Starting integration of 1809 Campaign (Wagram) ; Regions deblocked and Units as per 1809 Setup. A lot of stuff to do ( Duplicate leaders and unit, coordination of events)

More news to come.

Bohémond

Update

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:13 am

New features ;
1808 Campaign
-Fixed Duplicate message
-Military option modified, removed or added ( Both side)

GCampaign (1808+1809 Scenarii )
-Map corrected as per as Subfaction08 and Subfaction09
-AUS (Austria) removed from F08 and added to C08.
-Fixed some duplicate leaders, try to locate them as historical ( Thanks to Nikel oob links)

LocalstringsNCP ; Fixed some inverted text for Finland Campaign

Next Step ; Fix French units removal from Spain to Germany as per history ( as possible).

Pocus

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:31 am

Just curious, are you doing your work with xls files which are then exported, or editing directly the script files?
Are you tracing your changes in XLS?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Nikel

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:20 am

Bohemond, are you also fixing Finland campaign?

Bohémond

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:44 pm

To Nikel; No not fixing Finland Campaign but ''lurking'' localstringsNCP for 1808 matters, I found some inversion and I fix it

To Pocus; I edit directly .cst, .inc and .ini files. I know it's a dirty way to mod, before first release, if it happens, I will perform a .xls file like the database ones. I trace my changes in a changelog.txt and I keep obsolete files, indexes with tha date, in a folder named ''Obsolete''.

Now a question to you Pocus, Does the NCP 1.06 engine have the capability to handle with diplomacy related command ( Facrelation for example) like ROP 1.02 does ? ;)

Bohémond

Update

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:36 am

New Features ;
-Added a new faction ( Neutral ), no part of French Empire or Coalition side. The regions owned by Neutral states does not have Loyalty French Empire or Coalition. Hva some issues with FrontEnd Pick Faction but everything is solve.
Maybe need some graphic guy help to make it looks better. Fortesting purpose this Neutrql Faction is PRU. Neutral faction allows to deblockade many regions and maybe more.

-Map corrected as per subfactions files for some others regions.

-Fixed some events to make sure Berthier leaves Spanish Theater with Napoleon.

-Still working on French units leaves Spanish Theater to make it more historical and to prevent duplicate units with 1809 scenario.

Pocus

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:52 am

The latest NCP patch is from October, so no, but the new one will have the code necessary for that.

The problem is, it will involve some refactoring in the scenarios to have it work. To keep things short:

a) NCP uses the 'simple loyalty' model, i.e binary loyalty.
b) NCP uses the 'no diplomacy' model.

You would like to get n-aries relationships between nations. In order to have this work, you need to switch also to 'n-aries' loyalties.

This can be done for a single scenario, as a test bed though, making sure everything is still alright with the new modes (including checking events).

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Bohémond

Update

Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:34 pm

New features;

Events;
-Reworked Cintra Events (Junot remove and return) to make it more historical
-Fixed Napoleon leaves Events to remove Grande Armee HQ as intended in Vanilla.

Map;
-Map with neutrals factions finished, look nice but not very useful for this scenario.
-Fixed Subfaction file to make it more historical
-Fixed CitiesCampaign file (Krakow, Passau, etc...) and as per Subfaction file.

History Option;
-Removed notification for oponent side in message box.

Keep working on units removal and renfort.

Nikel

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Nice Bohémond :)

Why don't you post a screenshot with both theaters opened, peninsula and 1809? ;)

Bohémond

Nikel's wish

Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:23 am

Here you are,

Please don't take care of details (message box, etc..), it's really a pre Alpha version.
Attachments
Central Europa Owner.JPG
Central Europa Map.JPG
Catalonia and Italy Theater.JPG

Nikel

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:10 pm

Thanks Bohémond :)

Now a question, what happens when 1809 scenario is supposed to finish, have you thought of any solution?

Bohémond

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:56 am

I think ther first version pf Beautification mod will not include the entire map, from Ireland to Persia, and 1809 Scenario. The entire map needs to put a lot of fixed garnisons to prevent exxploits and I don't know how the AI will react with a lot of unblockade regions.

How to end a war on a specific theater ? I was thinking in making peace events, based on objectives, NM, VP and troops cohesion, for each subfactions ( AUS, SPAIN, etc..) beloging to each Faction.

Unfortunately, the problem is time, and a little bit AGE commands knowledge, my workload at office is high again and I love doing bycicle with my sons ;) .

To fix or modified events is not very time consuming but to look for historical accuracy and to change OOB does.

I'll keep doing my best, almost because I like to mod and this game has a huge potential.

Nikel

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:30 am

The entire map!? But are you creating a full campaign of the napoleonic war? :D

For that you would need AGEod support (production of units, artist,...) in what it supposed will be NCP2 ;)

I thought you were just fixing bugs and adding 1809 to 1808 campaign? And perhaps 1812... Peace events sound good to finish :)

If you have not a lot of free time for modding, but still you want to create a big project, why don't you contact with PhilThib, perhaps you could be NCP2 coordinator? But you have to work on databases.

PhilThib? :)

PhilThib

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:50 am

Everyone is always welcome to contact me, and a coordinator for NCP is most needed for sure :coeurs:

As for the improvement, the engine and, most important the DB, does NOT allow to recreate the full extent of 10 years of Napoleonic wars with some degree of realism.

On the other hand, making some "larger" campaigns within the same time frame is perfectly possible. For instance, we could have:

*1805-1807 Full map
* 1808-1809 Spain + Central Europe
* 1812-1814 Full map

In those eras, the models and units are homogeneous, and no major size/type change occurs, so a balance is possible. But you could not allow play from 1805 to 1809 without making huge and cumbersome set of events for models and units evolution...would take a few months and perfect knowledge of the DB... something that would of course be done for NCP2 between the coordinator and myself... ;)

Bohémond

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:14 pm

To nickel; No not a full Campaign, I just want to give human player the possibilty to act in another way than the historic one (but it depends on how the AI will react) and to add small theater like Adriatic, Antilla, etc.
But it will be a phase II-III for this project. The idea was to unblocked all regions owned by belligerant factions, that why I create a third faction , the Neutral one.

Maybe at least, it will be a big project but I've planned to do it by part;

Phase I ; Peninsula Beautification
Phase II; Phase I+1809 scenario
Phase III; Phase II+small Theaters
Phase IV; Phase III+1812 Scenario
Phase V; Phase IV+small Theaters

To PhilTib; Thank you for your comments. They confirm that maybe I'm not on the wrong way

PhilThib

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Well, fine for me, and if need be, do not hesitate to call for help :cool:

Return to “NCP Mods”