O'Connor
Civilian

Changing location names

Fri May 01, 2009 11:33 am

hi all,

how easy would it be to make changes to the location names in Napoleon's Campaigns? I was thinking of having a go at "anglicizing" the place names, eg changing Wien to Vienna, Milano to Milan etc. Would this just be a case of doing a search and replace for the names in question wherever they appear, or is there more to it?

cheers

O'Connor

Gray_Lensman

Fri May 01, 2009 12:17 pm

O'Connor wrote:hi all,

how easy would it be to make changes to the location names in Napoleon's Campaigns? I was thinking of having a go at "anglicizing" the place names, eg changing Wien to Vienna, Milano to Milan etc. Would this just be a case of doing a search and replace for the names in question wherever they appear, or is there more to it?

cheers

O'Connor

Check the "end" of the "LocalStrings_NCP.csv" file, (I think that's the name of it). It won't be the one with "AGE" at in it. Anyhow, you will find entries corresponding to the "RegionNamexxxx", to the right for the various languages. I don't have it loaded up just now, but I was the one who initially placed those in that database. The "xxxx" corresponds to the regional ID# which can be obtained either by looking in the various database files or turn on "Error Logging" and mouse over the region you have in mind... You will see the ID# number at the bottom of the tooltip for the region.

O'Connor
Civilian

Fri May 01, 2009 12:57 pm

Thanks, just what I need!

cheers

O'Connor

Return to “NCP Mods”