Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

The Extended Prussian Campaign PBEM AAR by Longhairedlout

Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:48 pm

I have just started a PBEM game of the Extended Prussian campaign against stef, we thought it would be a good Idea to do AARs for the Campaign, one from me for the Coalition side and stef for the French side......

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

My main objective

Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:39 pm

These are my thoughts on the campaign......

Stef is a very good opponent, he will know that the Prussian army starts off pretty much disorganized and all over the place, he will try and fight and defeat them piecemeal.....

The Russians need time to mobilise so they can come come to my aid....

Its September so winter will be here soon (I hope) with all its snow, mud and added attrition.....

There is no way that I can see the Prussian army in its current state can even think about taking on the well oiled war machine that Napoleon has created in Le grand Armee, I need to try and reorganize my armies as soon as I can....

Anyway I will post my first turn orders soon.....

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

First turn orders.....

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:24 pm

Here are some pics and explanations of my orders for the First week of Napoleons Invasion of Prussia and Poland.....

I will Start off with my orders for the main prussian army under Marshall Hohenlohe in the South.

I know that the main bulk of the French Army is to the southwest and Im sure Stef will order them to attack in strength as fast as they can....

Im going to Detach an Division to fight a delaying battle to give the main Prussian army time to retreat across the Elbe, I know Im abandoning Dresden and Leipzig but If I dont the well organized French Corps will trap and destroy Hohenlohes army and Capture them anyway.....

This Image shows Tauentziens Division being left to fight a delaying action in the hills of Aue........

This Image shows the Prussian armys orders to move to the north eastern bank of the Elbe......

This Image shows all the orders for my armies in the north....

Kalkreuths and Wurtemburgs corps are all part of the Elbe army and so should support each other in battle.....

I will try and reorganize Sach Wiemars force and integrate it into the Elbe Army....

I sorry If this AAR is a bit disorganized, its just the way my brain works :bonk:

I will post the first turn results soon.....

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

First turn......

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:30 am

The first week has been uneventfull, not even a Skirmish nevermind a battle.

In the north my armies have been pulling back to regroup and reorganize around Magdeburg, below is an pic with my orders for the second week in the north.

In the south the Prussian army has withdrawn to the eastern bank of the Elbe, below are my orders in the south.

I had expected the French army to attack right away but they have stayed basically where they where, there is a couple of French cavalry detachments lurking around as you will see in the Pics, I am not to worried about these though.

Thanks for looking :niark:

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Disaster on the Eastern bank of the Elbe....

Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:21 am

Week 3 and 4.....

Dresden and Leipzig are taken by the French.....

Then Disaster... I ordered The Prussian army to hold at all costs on the eastern bank of the Elbe, hoping to at least hold the French back for a week..... the French attacked with at least 3 corps, here are the results of the 4 day long battle.....

Day 1

Day2 Image

Day 3

Day4

As you can see the Prussian army was totally wiped out, Hohenlohe stayed true to his orders and fought to the last man.....

I still have the army of the Elbe in the north around Magdeburg, I have ordered them to withdraw to the area around berlin, kalkrueth has been ordered to move to Magdeburg where he will cover the withdrawl of the Elbe army across the river to Berlin.....

The French Army Marshall soult has exploited the breakthrough and seems to be heading for Breslau to his southeast........

I hope the Russian Army decides to turn up soon or I may be cut off from poland.....Ive got to think of a way to distract the French and give me time until the Russian Army turn up......

I will post the next turn later......

Spetertoi
Civilian

Good health

Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:57 pm

Good health is over wealth.    / \./ \/\_   I Hand You  __{^\_ _}_  ) }/^\    A Rose... / /\_/^\._}_/ // / ( (__{(@)}\__}.//_/__A___A__wow gold____A__wow gold_A______A____ \__/{/(_)\_}  ;) \\ \\---v----V-----V--Y----v---Y-----  (  (__)_)_/  ;) \ \>     \__/   \__/\/\/

Return to “Wars of Napoleon AARs”