Florent

Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:41 am

My PC is a pentium 2.4, 768 mo and Gforce 6.

Reiryc

Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:56 am

Looks like another winner....

Thanks for the aar. The screens are great!

Pocus

Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:15 am

hattrick wrote:Not to be negative, but I was hoping for an improved combat display.

Something that is more informative and can explain why things happened the way they did.

I thought there was talk of that, I hope it didnt get passed over.

Maybe the next game?

We know that. In fact there is a heated discussion in one of our private forum about that: detailed combat log with icons, or turn replay first. This is a difficult choice to do, as both modules need many coding hours.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

arsan

Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:58 am

Florent wrote:My PC is a pentium 2.4, 768 mo and Gforce 6.

That's are great news for me!! :coeurs:
I feared my 2.8 1gig RAM wouldn't be enough to tackle this new "monster map" :nuts:
So... can we safely say that AACW and NCP has similar hardware requisites??

Cheers!

arsan

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:01 am

Pocus wrote:We know that. In fact there is a heated discussion in one of our private forum about that: detailed combat log with icons, or turn replay first. This is a difficult choice to do, as both modules need many coding hours.

Well, both would be great additions but... by the results of this poll

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=4757

i would say that detalied combat log should be first on the list by a LONG WAY :siffle:
Just my 2 cents
Cheers

Florent

Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:27 am

Arsan dont forget what Pocus said once. There will be not as many units as in AACW. Thus it will not be slow.

PDF

Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:51 pm

It's not slow at all, my 4-years old Athlon 2400 - 1 GB RAM- GF 6600 handles it ...
The 11 fps shown can be a sporadic "hiccup" while roaming the map, and anyway it's even enough for this kind of game.

Florent

Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:30 pm

Supply situation at the end of turn.
Note the threat on Würzburg by Austrian Cuirassiers.

Florent

Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:06 pm

The moves for the turn Napoléon and most of the corps at Ulm move east.
Supply chariot received thanks to Berthier move to Ulm and will go on the front in case some corps need them or to built a depot in a chosen location.

Florent

Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:07 pm

Schulmeister, the spy is send to Vienna. Perhaps some news about Alexander and the second russian army to learn soon.

GShock

Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:15 pm

The way i see him posting the SS, what he types, and the story behind him, being a gamer for a lifetime makes me thing he's actually found the perfect job.

Not only...he's playing the game we're waiting for so anxiously and i am actually envying him a bit. :)

Now the li'l questions. It appears from the map that depots may be built out of towns? (pic showing Rothemburg)

The different flags on territories mean different parties, are there more than just 1 AI against/with the player or the player manouvers personally his troops and the ones of his allies?

Portraits don't seem to show (base of the stack) an entrenchment level...was this not an entrenchment war?

What does the clock mean (top right of screen)? :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

Adlertag

Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:24 pm

GShock wrote:The river Piava is called Piave.
With this you must be overly sensitive with italians as by this river was fought one of the most famous and bloodiest battles of the italian history in WW1 and putting the wrong name to it is highly unadvisable.

As it is to mention Luigi Cadorna also ? No risk in NCP, it's true...
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Florent

Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:33 pm

No there is no entrenchment in the game. The flags show who is the owner and when you put the cursor on an area, if you don't remember if the area is friendly, it will show you.
Yes that's right you can build new depot everywhere but you have to choose a judicious location.
Here in germany there is towns everywhere thus not much problem except perhaps in the end game toward brünn or Olmutz.
But Russia or even East Prussia will be a logistical nightmare.
Actually i did Friedland (may to august 1807) on sunday and it played very differently from 1805, 1806 and 1809. I saw my troops suffering attrition for the first time.
See your troops deserting, suffering illness etc...
Like Union in AACW check often your line of communication or suffer the cost !! :king:
I didn't notice that the watch was fonctionning but i think its about tile remaining or something like that.

Florent

Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:41 pm

After of the resolution of the turn.
Würzburg fall to the cuirassier, so i will have to react rapidly.
Kutusov's army tried to intervene in Munich but was repulsed in small battles. I have prepared my moves, the wurtembergers are going to würzburg to help the dragoons.
Most of the corps are closing and if munich is taken, i will resume my march toward vienna as soon as possible but note the unit in vienna. Not much information for now but who knows.

Florent

Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:42 pm

The blue lines are my next moves.

Florent

Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:54 pm

The Italian front, Charles advanced and put Milano under siege, but as planned Parthounneaux reserve took Mantua. Massena is behind him and charles will be forced to cross the mincio river to attack and restablished his line. Of course Milano ca be taken but Placenza will supply massena as well as Mantua.

Florent

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:16 pm

About the danube on the map note that the southern part have a road who leads to vienna. This is not that there are no road but the roads are not primary or of lesser quality. This is why Napo used the southern part in 1805 to go faster to vienna. The roads were simply better on the south. This is well represented in the Game. :coeurs:

LordSpain
Private
Location: Entre Tenerife Norte y Las Palmas de Gran Canaria - Islas Canarias - España

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:31 pm

fremen wrote:I think this will be another "supply game" like the AACW.

:p apy: There was a time ... :siffle:

* Ánimos Fremen, que todos sabemos de tu odisea para suministrar a tus valerosos muchachos del sur :dada:
Pescar sí, respetar el entorno también

Beren
Captain

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:42 pm

Yes, roads in NC are great, i did a research for a boardgame i tried to design, and roads look very precise.
"... tell the Emperor that I am facing Russians.
If they had been Prussians, I'd have taken the
position long ago."
- Marshal Ney, 1813

hattrick
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:33 am

Pocus wrote:We know that. In fact there is a heated discussion in one of our private forum about that: detailed combat log with icons, or turn replay first. This is a difficult choice to do, as both modules need many coding hours.

Thanks!

I think out of the two choices the replay feature has been requested more.

arsan

Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:01 am

hattrick wrote:Thanks!

I think out of the two choices the replay feature has been requested more.

:p apy: No, no, no , no...

Look at the poll

75% of players play only single...
Most (like me :siffle :) don´t even notice there is any issue withe turn replay on PBEM...
Cheers

fremen
Colonel

Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:17 am

Someone say me about the new NCP that the naval combat will be more precise and more elaborated.
In AACW one "bad" feature for me was the absence of information about name of ships sunk in a battle, yes, you can see "hits" and when you check your naval stacks you notice you have lost a ship and (may be) you remember which ship you lost, but this is not the case with the enemy.
During the play of AACW you never had a notice about the naval losses of the enemy, i mean, name of the ships the enemy lost.

In NCP you will be capable of see and know the ships you and the enemy lost?

Henry D.

Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:34 am

arsan wrote: :p apy: No, no, no , no...

Look at the poll

75% of players play only single...
Most (like me :siffle :) don´t even notice there is any issue withe turn replay on PBEM...
Cheers
You're always hosting? :sourcil:

Lack of replay is a problem for many of the non-hosting players, myself included... :innocent:

Oh, it it was 75 people who cofessed to only playing single player. Out of a 159 people voting total, that makes less than 50% "SP only" players... :siffle:

Regards, Henry :nuts:
Henry D, also known as "Stauffenberg" @ Strategycon Interactive and formerly (un)known as "whatasillyname" @ Paradox Forums

"Rackers, wollt Ihr ewig leben?" (Rascals, Do You want to live forever?) - Frederick the Great, cursing at his fleeing Grenadiers at the battle of Kunersdorf

"Nee, Fritze, aber für fuffzehn Pfennije is' heute jenuch!" (No, Freddy, but for 15p let's call it a day!) - Retort of one passing Grenadier to the above :sourcil:

ANTONYO
Major

Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:57 am

In the AGEOD games, where the battles are solved directly by the computer without direct intervention of the player, it is essential that one very explains or the player who is what it has happened in the battle, and because he has won or he has lost.

I am with Arsan: it is but important much detailed combat log with icons.

Pardon by my badly ingles

arsan

Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:14 am

Henry D. wrote:You're always hosting? :sourcil:

Lack of replay is a problem for many of the non-hosting players, myself included... :innocent:

Oh, it it was 75 people who confessed to only playing single player. Out of a 159 people voting total, that makes less than 50% "SP only" players... :siffle:

Regards, Henry :nuts:

:niark:
Yeah i always host because i only play alone.
About statistics... i expressed myself badly. :siffle:
Its not 75% "only single player"
Its 75 % only SP + mostly SP or only SP but plan to try PBEM .
I myself voted "monstly SP" because in the future i planned to prove the PBEM but i haven't :siffle:

What is statisticaly true is that [font="Arial Black"]only 15%[/font] of players play mosntly or only PBEM. :sourcil:

I´m sure turn replay is a good addition (even if i don´t have a clue about whta it is :tournepas ) but it will only benefit 15% of players

An improved battle display will benefit 100% of players.

Anyway, AGEOD will do what they see fit with teir time and resources.
And they usually do the right thing, isn´t?? :innocent:

Cheers!!

aristoteles
Corporal

Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:52 pm

I too vote for a detailed combat log, I consider it to be a very nice adition to the engine.

Alias
Conscript

Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:25 pm

I too vote for a detailed combat log, I consider it to be a very nice adition to the engine.

Me too :)

Is possible to add a password on the PBEM game? :sourcil:

Beren
Captain

Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:31 pm

Go FLorent, go!! :niark:

"... tell the Emperor that I am facing Russians.

If they had been Prussians, I'd have taken the

position long ago."

- Marshal Ney, 1813

Florent

Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:36 pm

Yes Beren, i will post soon, i playtested the Iéna's new version yesterday playing the coalition (Prussian and Russian). :niark:
Austerlitz campaign comes back totay.

Florent

Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:11 pm

In the turn 6 i moved Napo, Marmont and Bernadotte to Passau and Lannes, Bessières, Ney to Salzbourg. Davout stayed with Deroy in Munich for the siege because i have not confidence in the Bavarian, they can go from offensive to defensive and the siege will not advance and ...i need the depot 4. I don't want Deroy to move because i have no replacement for his troops now.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon AARs”