Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:42 pm

About supply, note that Marmont can receive supply in regensburg but is vulnerable because of dragoons that can raid Nuremberg, Ulm is secured but not Ingolstadt. Note also that Bernadotte and Davout crossed Prussian Ansbach territory and there is perhaps penality. Phil Thi said once that depending on points the Prussians could intervene on the coalition side.

pailleterie
Captain

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:43 pm

I think that Mantua was Austrian.

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:47 pm

Mantua is Austrian.Image

pailleterie
Captain

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:52 pm

Great AAR.

Have you seen more russian troops in the east?

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:56 pm

Yes Pailleterie, you already have seen the dragoons in reconnaissance or raid, i don't know. I will send a dragoon division soon to Nuremberg.
Guess who arrived in Wien ? Ready perhaps to join the russian advance guard.Image

Sol Invictus

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:06 pm

Great screenshots! It will be interesting to see if a Human Player can avoid catastrophe in the Ulm area. That screenshot you posted of your battle almost made me cry for the Austrians and poor General Mack. :p leure:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Florent

A new screen.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:10 pm

A very new screen with NC.
You can now open a screen and for a cost get new replacement throuh recruiting, get replacements for cavalry through buying horses in vp, and accumulate supply through réquisitions when in ennemy territory for example. Here Berthier is very good in collecting supply points.Image

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:11 pm

pailleterie
Captain

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:12 pm

I can´t see the last sreen only a yellow frog :p leure: :p leure:

Sorry now I can see thank you

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:23 pm

Sol Invictus, i made 2 early games and the results were always différent, rest assured. Mack once advanced towards Stuttgart. And moved east my second time and was caught in a battle but not with the same terrible results. Actually i was afraid for my forces on the east since my forces came principally from north and east.
Of course the Austrians are slow. All my Iéna games had différent outcomes, the IA experimenting différent strategy, undecided (stay in place), attacking toward the french, or a retreat towards the Elbe river. All of this happened historically or were debated at the Prussian staff.
Thus in your first move you have to determine quickly what is the strategy of the IA. There is much historical flavour here !!!

arsan

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:36 pm

Thanks Florent!!
Very interesting.
And the big screens you post now look gorgeous!! :coeurs:

Two questions
- What are the stats of Nappy?? I´ve seen on a screen that Wellington had a 6-7-7 !!! :nuts: I imagine Bonaparte must have at least a 10-10-10!!! :niark:

- How can you see as far as Wien to be able to detect Kutuzov?? I see the adjacent Linz province is lightened but its deep on enemy territory :8o:
Do you some spies on the enemy capital??

Cheers and keep the good work!! :coeurs:

Adlertag

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:49 pm

arsan wrote:- What are the stats of Nappy?? I´ve seen on a screen that Wellington had a 6-7-7 !!! :nuts: I imagine Bonaparte must have at least a 10-10-10!!! :niark:

- How can you see as far as Wien to be able to detect Kutuzov?? I see the adjacent Linz province is lightened but its deep on enemy territory :8o:
Do you some spies on the enemy capital??

Napoleon has same range of stats as Wellington and the "military genius" trait which gives him nearly a dozen of aptitudes. Even if not 10-10-10 he is a master of strategy and tactics in the game.
Wellington and Nelson have also very good stats to counterbalance a bit...

Napoleon benefits, sometimes, from his spy network, for example Schulmeister so the French player may have significant bonus to detect deep in ennemy territory.
Furthermore you can imagine also that Kutusov's army has not a high rating of concealement.
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

arsan

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:59 pm

Thanks Adlertag!! :coeurs:

About concealment... yeah, Kutuzov should do something with all his noisy drunk cossacks! They can be heard form hundreds of miles away!! :niark:

Will Wellington have a special ability called "steal all the glory from your allies" :siffle: :niark:

Cheers!!

Beren
Captain

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:11 pm

Jajajajaja, ahi le has dao Arsan, me he meao de la risa....
"... tell the Emperor that I am facing Russians.
If they had been Prussians, I'd have taken the
position long ago."
- Marshal Ney, 1813

Clovis

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:23 pm

This game will be another great work from AGEOD. :coeurs:

Ashbery76
Sergeant

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:01 pm

arsan wrote:Thanks Adlertag!! :coeurs:

About concealment... yeah, Kutuzov should do something with all his noisy drunk cossacks! They can be heard form hundreds of miles away!! :niark:

Will Wellington have a special ability called "steal all the glory from your allies" :siffle: :niark:

Cheers!!

Wellington>Napoleon.Get over it.

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:02 pm

I moved Augereau to Ulm, Deroy to Munich (the bavarians will liberate their capital), Bernadotte et Marmont to Landshut, Davout to Regensburg, Murat to Regensburg, Bourcier's dragoons division to Nuremberg in case the russian dragoons try to raid and take the town, Bessières to memmingen to chase the Austrian garrison.Image

pailleterie
Captain

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:07 pm

Very good screens. :coeurs: :coeurs:

One question are bavarian and other french allies worst troops that regular french, or similar?.

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:10 pm

Massena " the Dear Child of victory) soundly defeated in Italy by the competent Archduke Charles.

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:12 pm

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:16 pm

Sol Invictus

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:31 pm

Florent, thanks for the reply, it sounds like the AI will be very good for replayability. I am glad to hear that Mack is not hopelessly doomed .
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:56 pm

Pailleterie, the units have different numbers for example offensive fire, défensive fire initiative, movement. Some bavarian if not most have respectively 6,6,7 and coefficient 100 for movement. Some of the best line french régiment have 12,14, 10 and 150 for movement in 1805 taking into account the great number of vétérans.
During the turn a new victory occured at Ulm for 8726 losses for Austrians. The battle for Ulm is now over !!
In the meantime deroy tried to take Munich, a battle occured in which Davout adjacent came thanks to the sound of guns rules !! It was a small victory and Munich is now besieged !! Munich will have to fall next turn because this is a level 4 depot. Marmont and Bernadotte are behind the Inn river.
Linz will be the major objectives for the next 2 turns but i will wait one turn to secure Munich and wait for the other corps to join.
An event told me that Schulmeister the spy is available at Ulm. I will send him towards Vienna and Olmutz to help to know when Alexander and the second russian army come.

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:02 pm

I forgot !! As you see my dragoons were able to arrive before the russian ones in Nuremberg. There is also some cossacks.
Not visible but just over there is some Austrian cuirassiers, they threaten Würzburg an important dépot in my loc. I have to react !!
I will keep up the AAR tomorrow and will post the supply situation. Thanks to Berthier (remember the page) i will have new supplies, actually some chariot but also infantry replacement as well as cavalry.
I also put my cursor over the russian stack and you can see the détail of the stack.

hattrick
Lieutenant

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 pm

Not to be negative, but I was hoping for an improved combat display.

Something that is more informative and can explain why things happened the way they did.

I thought there was talk of that, I hope it didnt get passed over.

Maybe the next game?

Beren
Captain

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:35 pm

yes, i think the same as hattrcik, and several person i talked to think the same... we need an explanation of battles, the results sometimes are so ..."extrange" :) , that the gamer need a little explantion to know what he did bad... and not having the feeling that all is resolved by a dice roll...

EDIT. I forgot, could it be possible to add in the battle display the number of troops present in the battle? 50000 vs 40000 for example.... dividing into infantry cab and art would be fantastic :)

position long ago."

- Marshal Ney, 1813

GShock

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:45 pm

I've noticed some names are wrong about italian cities. It depends on the language you want to use.

Latin Italian
Mantua=Mantova
Padua=Padova

Austrian? Italian
Trente = Trento

The river Piava is called Piave.
With this you must be overly sensitive with italians as by this river was fought one of the most famous and bloodiest battles of the italian history in WW1 and putting the wrong name to it is highly unadvisable.

There are even songs about it: http://www.bandavampiri.it/propaganda_gg/canzoni_guerra.htm
(Click on MP3 to listen)

Considering it's a song they teach the kids at the primary schools, that it's played at operas and at Army parades and that some want it as national anthem...I say it's a name you can't misspell.

P.S. I volounteer for name checks on all Italy in case you need. No need for SS an XLS will do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

Beren
Captain

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:47 pm

Is the 2d forces symbol shadow proportional to the forces? look at Napoleon´s shadow...

position long ago."

- Marshal Ney, 1813

pailleterie
Captain

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:49 pm

The shadow of Napoleon is very powerful :king:

Sol Invictus

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:27 am

LOL! The force of Napoleon's will is passing over Europe like a dark cloud. :dada:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Wars of Napoleon AARs”