Florent

Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:19 pm

Passau fall to the french. Salzbourg after a minor battle (in mountain) is besieged. Munich didn't fall even with the help of Davout but there is breaches.
I will keep up advancing toward Linz this time with another great depot !! On to Vienna !!Image

Rafiki

Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:30 pm

What do the different unit background colors signify? I.e. why is Napoleon red?
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Le Ricain

Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:51 pm

Rafiki wrote:What do the different unit background colors signify? I.e. why is Napoleon red?

Could it be that similar to AACW, if you click on a corps, you get the corresponding army stack highlighted?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

Spharv2

Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:53 pm

arsan wrote: :niark:
I´m sure turn replay is a good addition (even if i don´t have a clue about whta it is :tournepas ) but it will only benefit 15% of players

An improved battle display will benefit 100% of players.

Anyway, AGEOD will do what they see fit with teir time and resources.
And they usually do the right thing, isn´t?? :innocent:

Cheers!!

Your statistics are off. :) Anyone who plays MP will benefit from turn replay, this is obviously more than 15%. Now, your other point could be true, everyone could benefit from the log, but how many actually spend the time going through it is another question. So it will benefit more people (Though significantly less than 100%).

The thing is, those people who play MP tend to be the more boisterous crowd, so they usually get their goodies first, but they also tend to be the ones who are more active spreading the word about games because they want, no, need a large active fan base.

I personally don't play much MP (The Grand Campaign is pretty much it for me since the release) but when even someone like me, who never plays MP, sees such a glaring weakness it needs to be addressed.

And remember, it's not an either/or option here, they'll both see the light of day, it's just a matter of prioritizing. I just think that while a battle log would be nice, you already get plenty of info on battles now once you figure out the battle screen, but the lack of a turn replay gives the non-hosting side in a PBEM an actual physical handicap. Just my opinion, and subject to change at a moment's notice. :bonk:
Official Queen's Ambassador to the South
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rafiki

Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:02 pm

Le Ricain wrote:Could it be that similar to AACW, if you click on a corps, you get the corresponding army stack highlighted?

That must be it, of course :bonk:

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Adlertag

Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:02 pm

Le Ricain wrote:Could it be that similar to AACW, if you click on a corps, you get the corresponding army stack highlighted?

Exactly !
Other background colors are related to different nationalities.
In 1812 scenario for example, you'll see so much background colors in French army that you might think it is the prelude to Christmas...
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Florent

Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:04 pm

Advance on Linz.Image

Florent

Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:26 pm

After the move. There was a little battle in Salzburg area but was sufficient to reject the Russian toward vienna. There will be a possibility for a battle in Linz (the Austrian forces in Vienna can join the Russians)so i have to concentrate there rapidly and take the depot there.
The chariots (2) in Passau will be used for a depot perhaps in Brünn. Brünn is still not a fortress (work in progress), and i'm not sure that there is a depot there.
Soult in Passau will soon join Napo, and Lannes, Murat and Bessières in Salzbourg have the same orders as well as Davout in Munich.
Ney will keep the siege at Salzburg.Image

Rafiki

Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:43 pm

What do you need to achieve in order to win the scenario (if you haven't said anything about that yet)?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Florent

Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:52 pm

Like AACW, you get points for cities objectives ( that are also fortresses) and for victories on the battlefield. Here Munich, Vienna, Ulm, Brünn and Olmutz.
Linz didn't fall and i will perhaps do a coup next turn to take the Austrian capital. It will depend of my concentration possibilities in this area. Note the russian in Cracow. Alexander is still in Brest-Litovsk. I send my spy Schulmeister after the fall of Ulm in Vienna to gather information but i have no news about him.

arsan

Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:32 pm

Did you see Davout????
7-10-11!!!!!!!!! :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:
I love this guy!! :coeurs:

I suppose Napoleon multiple abilities should make for the difference (he`¡s "just" a 6-7-7)

Great AAR Florent!! :coeurs:

Spharv2
This discussion is getting bizantine! :nuts:
How about this: turn replay is less important because it only benefit PBEM players (a minority) and... then only half of them!!!
The other half host and didn't need a replay!! :fleb: :niark: :innocent:

Cheers!!

Rafiki

Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:37 pm

Guys, let's concentrate on the AAR and on NCP in this thread. If you wish to discuss the potentials and merits of replay, please open a seperate thread for it :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Beren
Captain

Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:45 pm

Davout, a person who didn´t lost a battle should have this numbers :) , i would like to see Lannes numbers too.... :)

What is preseance?
"... tell the Emperor that I am facing Russians.
If they had been Prussians, I'd have taken the
position long ago."
- Marshal Ney, 1813

Sol Invictus

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:45 pm

Yeah, Davout is awesome. :gardavou:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Spharv2

Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:18 pm

arsan wrote:The other half host and didn't need a replay!! :fleb: :niark: :innocent:

Touche. :niark:
Official Queen's Ambassador to the South

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adlertag

Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:22 pm

arsan wrote:I suppose Napoleon multiple abilities should make for the difference (he`¡s "just" a 6-7-7)

Yes, Arsan. :)
Napoleon true power ( illustrated by his numerous traits) consists of boosting his subordinates rather than himself.
So even a simple man and finally every men in his army could receive a small part of his inspired genius.
Here is the strength of "La Grande Armée".

Pocus

Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:56 am

arsan wrote:Did you see Davout????
7-10-11!!!!!!!!! :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:
I love this guy!! :coeurs:

I suppose Napoleon multiple abilities should make for the difference (he`¡s "just" a 6-7-7)

Great AAR Florent!! :coeurs:

Spharv2
This discussion is getting bizantine! :nuts:
How about this: turn replay is less important because it only benefit PBEM players (a minority) and... then only half of them!!!
The other half host and didn't need a replay!! :fleb: :niark: :innocent:

Cheers!!

Lucky bonus Roll from a genius army commander. Don't forget if you played AACW that an army commander gives bonuses to subordinates.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Beren
Captain

Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:54 pm

The front is too quiet, were the aides-de camp captured? :niark:

"... tell the Emperor that I am facing Russians.

If they had been Prussians, I'd have taken the

position long ago."

- Marshal Ney, 1813

murat
Lieutenant

Invasion and Reinforcements

Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:08 pm

Can I invade a Country with my army?
For istance: can I invade the Kingdom of Naples with Massena's Army in the 1805 scenario? Can I conquer the Kingdom of Naples? Can I recruit the napolitains troups, after the conquest?
In the Spain Scenario can I recruit troupes in allieds Country?
For istance can I recruit (or replacements) troupes at Naples or in the Germany, or in the Poland, for to reinforce the army in Spain?
Tank You.
Murat

Florent

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:37 pm

I send finally Napo,Soult, Marmont, Bernadotte, Murat, Davout. There were two victories in Vienna with more than 20000 Russian dead for a few losses for the french, wounded and prisonner. Except for the battle of Ulm which was a battle of annihilation, this result is perhaps that there were not much supply or morale.
Most of my playtest before had results more balanced.

Florent

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Still doing a siege of Vienna and Linz. Davout and Bessières are advancing toward Brünn.

Adlertag

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:37 pm

murat wrote:Can I invade a Country with my army?
For istance: can I invade the Kingdom of Naples with Massena's Army in the 1805 scenario? Can I conquer the Kingdom of Naples? Can I recruit the napolitains troups, after the conquest?

Murat

In 1805 scenario, you have Massena's army located at Verona at the beginnig of October but you can't march south because all regions are not playable. For instance, regions under the line Firenze-Rimini are not "active" in that scenario.
Sorry.

Florent

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:39 pm

Supply situation the following turn with the fall of Linz. Vienna still besieged and Davout on his way to Brünn.

murat
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:02 pm

Does the game is moddable?
Does the scenarios are moddable?
Tanks

Rafiki

Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:01 pm

murat wrote:Does the game is moddable?
Does the scenarios are moddable?

Based on AGEOD's track record, I'd say that both these are probably definite yes'es :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Florent

Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:44 pm

Another turn with Vienna still holding and Davout besieging Brünn. Some russian in the area but Alexander is still in Brest-Litovsk. I suppose that he 's waiting that i'm closing Olmütz.

Florent

Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:50 pm

Florent

Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:29 pm

After the fall of Vienna. Some supply chariot will soon reach La Grande Armée.
Davout has still some supply and is send to Olmütz. Alexander did'nt move.

murat
Lieutenant

Naples

Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:45 pm

The Massena's Army invades the Kingdom of Naples on january 14 1806.
The limits of scenario to include this date (see screenshot).
Does the Neapolitain Army is active in this date in the scenario of Austerlitz?
And if isn't active. Why?

Florent

Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:55 pm

No, Southern Italy is not playable as well as the baltic theater with russian landing, and the Swedish inactivity.
After the fall of Brünn and Davout, Ney and Bessières still advancing toward Olmütz.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon AARs”