Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

How to buy in Euro... and in English

Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:25 am

Hi,

If you speak English and use Euro, you might have noticed we are facing a problem with our new web interface.

Apparently, it seems that France and USA are the two only remaining countries in the world... :innocent:

Indeed, if you can speak French you can buy in Euro, but if you can only speak English you are forced to buy in Dollars. :nuts:

Our webshop provider is dealing with this problem but it might take some time.

Tomorow, we'll try to make you a quick and dirty fix.

Otherwise, you can :

a) Get a French-English dictionnary
b) Read carefully the English pages, then buy from the French pages
c) Send us a mail with your bank details and we'll process the buy and provide you with a serial and a link.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we've just discovered the mess...

Korrigan
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:33 am

It's 1:30 AM here

We are going to sleep. See you in the morning, I hope to read your first impressions...

Cheers,

korrigan
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

lodilefty

Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:33 am

This is really a mediocre translator, but copy/paste has gotten me through many ideas from French forum....

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Franciscus

Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:52 am

Well, I just seem to have bought it in dollars, with no apparent problem... :innocent:

Tamas

Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:21 am

It doesnt let me buy in dollars, despite I regularly buy stuff online for USD via Paypal. I live in Hungary, and I kept honest about that during registration.

Is that the problem?

Franciscus

Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:38 am

Well, what I did was select the "US" site - as I prefer to read in english - select WIA to download, log with my email and password (used in all previous buys), and proceeded to buy it with VISA card. Honestly, the price was in dollars but that did not seem to me strange, as I also buy lots of things with prices in dollars. Everything ok, game downloaded and installed and working. BUT I checked my e-mail and the invoice states my residence as United States :bonk:
So, maybe I should not had done this so. I already voluntarily reported my "mistake" to Nexway and to Ageod support.

PhilThib

Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:59 am

Most of the problem comes from automatic detection by your browser... that should be fixed today.

GShock

Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:12 am

I would still name the options French / English instead of France / USA.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:15 am

OMG I just went through ordering in french which was très laborieux. I am proud and finally I can telechargement LOL

Buying from ageod you not only get great games, it also teaches you something (languages). Ici on en a pour son argent.

I could have ordered in Dollars you say? Wouldn't that be cheaper at the current rates? Someone should have told me 30 minutes ago :mad:

Download is stuck under 100 kb/s so I guess the server is busy.

Congratulations for getting the game out in time.

PhilThib

European English....

Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:22 am

We'll be working hard today to fix it. We plan to have a "Europe" section, in English languages, and with euro prices. :coeurs:

This is not as simple as it seems because we have to 'tweak' a lot into the software provided by our DL supplier... :8o:

morvael
Sergeant

Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:59 am

The whole process... very funny :)

First I noticed that Euro price in Polish currency is higher by 27% than Dollar price (plus my Visa card is using Dollars so it's not good to pay in Euros with it) so I happily used the US/English version of the shop.

I have chosen PayPal to pay and first page (login page) of PayPal was in French, the next one was with mixed Polish (address section, header and footer) and English (credit card section).

Glad there was no German or even Chinese popping up in the process :)

Anyway, BOA2 is downloading (already at 50%), so everything is ok :)

PhilThib

Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:01 am

The price difference mostly comes from the fact that in US$ you are not charged the VAT...but as a EU citizen you should...in the end, we'll end up paying it without having charged it....very bad for us (19.6% loss) :p leure:

morvael
Sergeant

Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:07 am

Don't worry I was charged with VAT too, propably due to selecting Poland as my country in profile, so actually I paid more, but still 6% cheaper than Euro price on top of anything I'll get from not having to convert currency twice on the credit card.

The full price with VAT was $59.79

Carnium

Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:45 am

How much money does PayPal take from the whole price of the game ?

PhilThib

Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:00 am

PayPal charges the customer directly I guess, so no idea. They usually charge a flat amount if under a certain level, then a percentage if above...or vice versa...sorry, no clue :siffle:

Hobbes

Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:04 am

I just got it before seeing this thread. The site had my stored address details in the UK but listed my country address as USA. I changed this to UK and I was charged 19.60% VAT.

Cheers, Chris

Franciscus

Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:06 am

PhilThib wrote:The price difference mostly comes from the fact that in US$ you are not charged the VAT...but as a EU citizen you should...in the end, we'll end up paying it without having charged it....very bad for us (19.6% loss) :p leure:

As stated above, I suspect that was the case of my order - I will confirm it with my credit card balance later. I already sent you a mail concerning this.
If that was my case let me say that I am willing to pay you the due amount of VAT. PM if you want.

Carnium

Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:14 am

Hobbes wrote:I just got it before seeing this thread. The site had my stored address details in the UK but listed my country address as USA. I changed this to UK and I was charged 19.60% VAT.

Cheers, Chris

Something a bit similar happened to me too. But when I changed USA to Slovenia and wanted to pay (via paypal) I got the message that my order was cancelled.

PhilThib

Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:22 am

Franciscus wrote:As stated above, I suspect that was the case of my order - I will confirm it with my credit card balance later. I already sent you a mail concerning this.
If that was my case let me say that I am willing to pay you the due amount of VAT. PM if you want.

The matter shall be solved during this afternoon...so let's consider that we close that VAT trouble as part of business "mistakes" that are the fate of every young, inexperienced, poorly-organized and messy.......but customer-loving company :innocent:

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:40 pm

PhilThib wrote:We'll be working hard today to fix it. We plan to have a "Europe" section, in English languages, and with euro prices. :coeurs:

Done

Many thanks to Nexway teams (our webshop provider) and Fabrice Marchand - aka Haazel - (our webmaster) for their hard and quick work to offer a solution.

Korrigan

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:49 pm

I am happy. The price of 40 € feels just right for what I got. Excellent purchase!!

Carnium

Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:22 pm

I am still unable to buy the game ... it shows the price without WAT and it is impossible to purchase it via pay pal :p leure: :grr:

*** edit ***
tried it with Firefox and IE with same result. It seems that its impossible to purchase if you are from an exotic country like Slovenia :p leure:

Rafiki

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:00 pm

I think it has a lot more to do with PayPal than it has to do with Slovenia, you EU-member, you :)

Others have had problems with PayPal too; let's wait till businesses open on Monday and see what various people are able to find out
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Carnium

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:06 pm

Rafiki wrote:I think it has a lot more to do with PayPal than it has to do with Slovenia, you EU-member, you :)

Others have had problems with PayPal too; let's wait till businesses open on Monday and see what various people are able to find out

I will buy it with my CC then and report if everything is ok.
AGEOD is probably the only company I will trust my CC number :innocent:

*** EDIT **
bought the game with my CC... but without VAT :tournepas
How can I pay you VAT now ?
And yes, I did choose Slovenia as my home country but apparently someone forgot that we are in EU :bonk:

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:37 pm

How much more do ageod studios get if I buy the game from Ageod instead of Gamersgate? I like Gamersgate way of storing what you have bought so I dont have to remember to store the download myself. I remember that one of the marketing guys at gamersgate telling that they earn very little per sold game.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

PhilThib

Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:34 pm

We make a bit more than 20% extra... :indien:

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:30 pm

PhilThib wrote:We make a bit more than 20% extra... :indien:

Buying from Ageod it is then...Damn that is quite much, I must have misunderstood the marketing guy from Gamersgate.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Gray_Lensman

Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:08 pm

deleted

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”