Bertram

Troubles buying CW2

Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:36 am

I tried to buy AC2.

From the Ageod site I was redirected to a seller.
Most annoying this seller needs to have my addres and phone number to sell me anything, even an digital download. Ok, I understnad they need to spam me, so I just enter some nonsense numbers, but it is still annoying.
They I try to buy the digital download. My shopping car tells me it is € 38,xx. I try to pay using paypal - paypall tries to charge me € 48,xx. I broke of the order, thinking I might have ordered a phisical product by mistake. Tried again - same result.
Ended up not buying.

Rafiki

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:54 am

Sorry to hear you're having problems; thanks for bringing them to our attention

(Since this doesn't pertain to CW2 as such, I've moved the thread to the webshop forum)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

ian
Conscript

Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Sounds like V.A.T.

As well as paying a hidden $ to Euro conversion cost which is in the 38Euro price you have to pay VAT on this as well which is an extra 20%.

Bertram

Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:31 pm

ian wrote:Sounds like V.A.T.

As well as paying a hidden $ to Euro conversion cost which is in the 38Euro price you have to pay VAT on this as well which is an extra 20%.

Nope, the price is € 31,xx, with VAT it comes to € 38,xx - which is the bill I get when viewing my shopping car. Only when trying to pay the amount goes up (at the paypal site).

Edit: seems I wasn't awake yet. From Ageod, you get redirected to a UK site, which recalculates your Euro amount in US dollars. Which of course Paypal then will charge in Euro's to my bank account and pays in Pounds to the UK based Slitherine..... :bonk:

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Bertram wrote:From Ageod, you get redirected to a UK site, which recalculates your Euro amount in US dollars. Which of course Paypal then will charge in Euro's to my bank account and pays in Pounds to the UK based Slitherine..... :bonk:

:mdr: Happy there is no tax for each conversion.
FR>UK>EU>US>EU>UK: If 10% each, in the end it would be +77%...

Franciscus

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:02 am

I had no such problems, but I didn't use Paypal...(My price was 38€ and some cents and that's what was charged...)

So the problem may be somewhere in Paypal ???

Pocus

Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Are these issues solved? Should we find someone more aware of these issues? You can PM me too...

edit: if the Ageod site is a problem for a reason or another, you can try the Matrix one. I admittedly slightly prefer people buying from Ageod, but buying at Matrix is almost the same for us now. :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”