8Bit
Civilian

Need help to choose a game

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:44 am

Hello,
I would like to purchase one of these games:"Birth of America II : Wars in America 1750-1815" or "American Civil War"

I am equally interested in both periods and I am newbie to Ageod games. Can you tell which game between these two would be the easiest intro to this line of games.

Thanks

Ebbingford

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:23 am

Go with BOAII, it's easier to manage, less units, simple supply, but great fun. :thumbsup:
Then move onto AACW. :)
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Agreed. WIA (BOA II) has a much leaner interface, and the recruitment is a lot easier to learn (as in, there really isn't any in WIA). ACW really ups the scale of operations, logistics, and the struggles of high command. Having said that, there's a reason why ACW is still AGEOD's most popular game, it's great and not to be missed. But its learning curve is a bit higher. Go with BOA II first.

8Bit
Civilian

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Thank you both! I'll go for BOAII first.

Leibst

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Good choose. Is a great game. And welcome to the forum !! :thumbsup:
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

8Bit
Civilian

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi,

I have played the tutorial from the demo and started the second scenario,"The whites of their eyes" from the American side and I will play it again from the British side.

I loved it and decided to purchase the game and I started to download it right now. It seems that the learning curve is pretty stiff,so can you please tell me the names of the scenarios I should start to play first (maybe the smaller scenarios?) or give me any advice about what to do and not to do for learning the game's mechanics or maybe point me to relevant forum's threads.

By the way, I guess that the game I am downloading is already patched, right?

Thanks

Carnium

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Hello and welcome to the great AGEOD community :thumbsup:
ALWAYS patch the game to the latest version as your full version is not patched!
Get the latest patch here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?26945-WIA-Patch-1-10e-Official-Legacy-November-13-2012

Here is a subforum for WiA:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?190-BoA2-Wars-in-America

ALWAYS start with smaller scenarios and learn the basics. Ask all your question in the WiA subforum and use the search engine, because your question might already been asked and answered ;)

If you want to spice up your game, check this new scenario from a really nice chap called Hobbes:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25316-New-WIA-Scenario-King-Philip-s-War

Don't forget to...have fun!

Xaloc
General of the Army

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:52 pm

WIA is a good game to getting started with AGEOD games, and if you are interested in the period, don't miss to try when you are ready the French and Indian war. Welcome, 8Bit! :hat:

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Hey, welcome to the Ageod Forums 8Bit. :thumbsup:

BOA2 and AACW are awesome games, so if I were you I'd buy both... ;)

I'm sure you won't regret.

Enjoy playing, dude. :hat:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

8Bit
Civilian

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:56 am

Thank you very much for welcoming and helping!

Philo32b
Captain

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:13 am

The scenario path that I took was Saratoga --> Decision in the North. Saratoga is a smaller version of basically the same elements in Decision, so it helped me get my slow brain around it.

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”