Sabot Loaded
Conscript

Problem reciveing my product

Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Hello.

I ordered Pride of Nations on August 10th from your website using Paypal. Yes my account is verified and all that stuff. I was informed there was a problem. I recived a message from verif@nexway.fr telling me I needed to send a fax or email of my passport to verify that it was me. I also looked and saw that Paypal completed the transaction.

I waited until verifying that on August 12th 19.99 USD was taken from my account and sent to Nexway.

I have sent emails tow inquire about this and have received no response. If for some strange reason I need to verify myself by emailing you my passport - something I am not comfortable with at all - why are you willing to take my money from me?

You are holding the product you have received payment for hostage until I send you a copy of sensitive travel documents. That doesn't make sense. If you are so worried about fraud, WHY DID YOU TAKE THE MONEY?

Please explain this to me, or at least answer my emails. I love your games, and own all of them sans Great Invasions, but this is frustrating me and I don't understand it at all.

I will provide any information any of you need via PM, email, etc. My sign up email is the same as my paypal email, the transaction email, and the email have been trying to communicate with verif@nexway.fr

Sabot Loaded
Conscript

Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:34 pm

Here is the email:

BUT

Here is the Paypal transaction:

Here is from my bank:

I saw no requirement to show you my passport to purchase your product. You had no problem taking my money, now please give me what I paid for, or give me my money back.

Rafiki

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:38 am

This is quite unfortunate, and accept our apologies for the troubles you're having. Rest assured that we'll get it sorted out (we always do)

I don't have access to these systems myself, so I can't help you directly, but I'll make sure it gets the attention it warrants.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Sabot Loaded
Conscript

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:11 am

Thank you for the reply, I know this company has a reputation for fixing hiccups that occur, so at this point I have no doubts it will be fixed.

I am just at a loss to understand this procedure. I have paid using a reputable 3rd party service that I have never had problems using before. And then 'to prevent fraud' I must send a scan of my passport to an email address that fails to respond to emails. Furthermore, the money has been taken from me, so if there were any concerns of fraud, you still took the money but did not provide the service.

I'm at a loss to understand the logic.

Rafiki

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:27 am

Trust me when I say that this isn't how it's supposed to work. I can't explain how or why it happened like this, though :bonk:
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Sabot Loaded
Conscript

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:53 am

Hi, I still have received no email responses and I have sent another email including a link to this thread. I hope now that the weekend is over I should get a response?

Pocus

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:33 am

Our apologize, Ageod is a very small company and is not handling directly the sells. I have just received the 2 emails you sent to the 'contact us' address (which is a forward, I'll spare you the details), and I'm now in direct contact with the Webshop team (Nexway compnay) so that a person see with you all the issues.

In all cases be sure that it is not a problem to get a reimbursement from Nexway, as we requested that in the past for others users.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:55 am

Dear Mr J. T.,

Support at Nexway replied to me about the situation. The problem seems with a discrepancy between the the country you entered in your information details (living in the US) and your IP (based in Russia)./

As such, an automated system has been triggered, so that you validate further these informations, this is why they are asking you for an extra document.

If you don't want to provide this document (which is your right), then a reimbursement procedure will be automatically triggered within 48 hours... Bottom line, you'll get refunded, be sure of that.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Sabot Loaded
Conscript

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:43 am

Yes, I am an American citizen with an American bank, who lives in America, but I just happen to be in Russia for 3 months for business. Surely there can be some way around a computerized trigger in a case by case basis that does not involve sending a scan of my passport.

In that regard, I'm happy there is a system set up to is to prevent fraud. But what is it preventing if you still take the money?

If I was committing fraud I don't think I would go through the trouble of emailing you and making forum accounts and posts over 20 USD. If there is some sort of gray area international economic law regarding currency or taxes because of me being physically located in another country I'll pay it. I'll pay in Euros, Pounds, Rubles, Dollars, Kuwaiti Dinar, whatever with whatever taxes. I'm just trying to purchase this product from a company I enjoy to pass the time when not working while abroad.

I paid with Paypal because I trust it and I am completely uncomfortable with electronically transmitting my passport to people I don't know. If there is nothing that can be done, then unfortunately I am going to have to ask for a refund and I will be disappointed in the events.

charlesonmission

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:25 am

I'm an American living in Afghanistan and I couldn't purchase AACW with my credit card, but PayPal did work (I also just purchased WIA with PayPal last week too), so I'm surprised it didn't work for you. PayPal is usually less strict than credit cards. I know here, I have to call my credit card company before purchasing flights because of the foreign IP issue, every single time. Your best bet might be to try to purchase from one of AGEOD's partners (and maybe even preapprove it with your credit card company if PayPal didn't work again).

I've worked overseas for 7 years in 10 countries. These problems are much more common than people think. There is a host of fraud prevention out there which are designed to limit losses of companies and financial institutions, in the end it means that consumers have to do extra work and pay extra money. I remember sitting on hold with my credit card company here being charged .50 a minute in long distance charges. Sigh, such is life. Anyways, hope that helps a little.

Charles

Sabot Loaded wrote:Yes, I am an American citizen with an American bank, who lives in America, but I just happen to be in Russia for 3 months for business. Surely there can be some way around a computerized trigger in a case by case basis that does not involve sending a scan of my passport.

In that regard, I'm happy there is a system set up to is to prevent fraud. But what is it preventing if you still take the money?

If I was committing fraud I don't think I would go through the trouble of emailing you and making forum accounts and posts over 20 USD. If there is some sort of gray area international economic law regarding currency or taxes because of me being physically located in another country I'll pay it. I'll pay in Euros, Pounds, Rubles, Dollars, Kuwaiti Dinar, whatever with whatever taxes. I'm just trying to purchase this product from a company I enjoy to pass the time when not working while abroad.

I paid with Paypal because I trust it and I am completely uncomfortable with electronically transmitting my passport to people I don't know. If there is nothing that can be done, then unfortunately I am going to have to ask for a refund and I will be disappointed in the events.

Sabot Loaded
Conscript

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Yeah Charles, that's what I did. I just went through Gamersgate. So I still was able to purchase the product. No harm, no foul.

Pocus

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:24 am

Sorry again Sabot Loaded. These procedures can be annoying at time. I'm unsure why the Webshop charged you before issuing the restriction though. Logically they should have issued the warning, and then if they had green light, they should have completed the transaction.

I hope you will be pleased by the game now. :)

Sabot Loaded
Conscript

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:26 am

Pocus wrote:Sorry again Sabot Loaded. These procedures can be annoying at time. I'm unsure why the Webshop charged you before issuing the restriction though. Logically they should have issued the warning, and then if they had green light, they should have completed the transaction.

I hope you will be pleased by the game now. :)

I am quite pleased, and I understand with vacations and weekends things can be slow, the customer service was as your reputation is - outstanding. But my main concern was why the transaction was completed before there was any flagging. It does seem a bit backwards. I'm sure it is not a very common problem, but it should probably be investigated, because it could mean there is an exploit that could be used by people not looking to be honest :(

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:16 pm

Raf: I have had almost identical problem as Sabot!! Never worked out. Pocus and Phil T. indicated I would recieve a refund - never happened. I would like to purchase PON but dare not try. This was quite discouraging to me. I don't think the problem their fault at all. But ... . Still was upsetting. L3

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”