Pierre
Private

Will other games of Ageod appear on Steam ?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:05 pm

Hello,

I must say I really enjoy the storing feature of Steam. I bought several games from Ageod before, but I can't find the CD, or the cd-key... while I use Steam a lot and know that when I want to play again, I can reactivate purchased games easily.

So... Is there a way to have AACW or Birth of America in Steam anytime soon ? I'd gladly buy them again, for good this time.

PhilThib

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:22 pm

I offered Steam to have them on sale...they refused...saying the games were too old...

Pierre
Private

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:30 pm

What do they know ? :-/

Offer them a pack, like an Ageod pack, they like packs and promotion events...

PhilThib

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Good idea... :D

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Pierre wrote:I bought several games from Ageod before, but I can't find the CD, or the cd-key...

The hard drives are now big enough. I bought a good 1To one and an USB HD dock station, the whole for 90€. I put all my GOG, DotEmu, Ageod, Shrapnel, Matrix, Impulse and Gamersgate game installers on, with "cd-keys"; you don't need DRMs nor downloading your games for each installation. Let Steam die :D

Kaguya
Conscript

Thu May 02, 2013 7:51 pm

PhilThib wrote:I offered Steam to have them on sale...they refused...saying the games were too old...

What about new games: «Revolution Under Siege» and «Alea Iacta Est»? Do want to buy it on steam, but cant. So sad.
inb4: «buy in other internet-store».
[ATTACH]22438[/ATTACH]
Attachments
cirno_work.png

TheDoctorKing

Mon May 06, 2013 1:26 am

I have lost CDs and codes and so on and a simple email to the Phils gets everything you need. I have done this several times and they haven't lost patience with me yet :)
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed May 08, 2013 3:59 pm

ERISS wrote:The hard drives are now big enough. I bought a good 1To one and an USB HD dock station, the whole for 90€. I put all my GOG, DotEmu, Ageod, Shrapnel, Matrix, Impulse and Gamersgate game installers on, with "cd-keys"; you don't need DRMs nor downloading your games for each installation. Let Steam die :D

Indeed. Grab the setup install file, a text file with the serial key, any patches or mods you want, and throw them all on one disc or even a flash drive... done deal. Make a couple copies if you're a forgetful person. Job done. Go have a drink and relax. Backups aren't hard to do, you just have to summon up the motivation to do it.

Kaguya
Conscript

Fri May 10, 2013 1:53 pm

It is true, that Matrixgames don't allow AGEod games at Steam?

PhilThib

Fri May 10, 2013 1:56 pm

No, it's not the case. It is just that it takes time to negotiate games with Steam, especially back catalog products. We we were Paradox France, I offered Steam to carry all our titles, and despite their good understanding with Paradox, they refused... so issues are not always where people might think they are ;)

Kaguya
Conscript

Fri May 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Thank you for answer. At least I can hope now.
Will buy all your titles, when Gabe add this games to the store.
[ATTACH]22526[/ATTACH]
Attachments
kirsten~YGGR.png

RELee
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:41 pm

Ok by me. I don't like Steam. Makes my hair frizzy. ;)

Kensai

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:53 am

Can you please confirm if the Rise of Prussia Gold Upgrade is coming to Steam? I can't wait to have it and given it has been long due, I plan to buy it directly from the AGEOD webshop. :feu:
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Kensai

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Bought it, could not wait. :dada:
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Lindi
General

Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Pierre wrote:What do they know ? :-/

Offer them a pack, like an Ageod pack, they like packs and promotion events...

Really good Idea.

All old game for small price, for steam and playeur can be really good.

I have all and not one is bad xD

stbane
Civilian

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:15 am

Hi everyone,
this is my first entry to this forum and I am not sure if this is the right place for my question, so please have patience.
Namely, while browsing for holiday gifts for my family, last week, I stumbled upon AGEOD's Military Startegies II games containing Pride of Nations, Napoleon's Campaigns and World War One - Gold Edition bundled onto one disc, and issued by Paradox Interactive, probably during the period while AGEOD was part of Paradox (I know it is not the case any more). This bundle was a real bargain and since I owned only Pride of Nations so far, I bought it. When I got home it turned out that it was too good to be true. On the case there is warning that games have to be activated on Steam ("Product offered subject to your acceptance of the Steam Subscriber Agreement (SSA). You must activate the product via ..."). I don't have Steam accout, nor want one, I am buying my games from AGEOD, Matrix or GoG, but I did try to check availability of this bundle and every one of the games on Steam and they don't seam to be available there (at least not anymore) .

Since AGEOD owns these games again, is there any way for me to avoid Steam and install and play them ?

PhilThib

Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:09 am

IMHO you can install and run those games, even from the bundle, without having to register / apply for Steam. I did so myself. The said products were designed to work without Steam. In theory, you should find inside the bundle a serial key to unlock each of the component games. If you can't, send me an email at pthibaut@ageod.net and I shall assist you.

stbane
Civilian

Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:37 pm

Whooa,
I wasn't expecting such quick response.
You were right. When I finally unwrapped and opened the case, there was a list containing serial keys for all games. During and after installation there was no mandatory registration request. The games seem to be running correctly.

Thank you very much for your help Philippe.

animalshadow
Private

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:47 pm

Just noticed that Alea Jacta Est has been greenlit @ Steam, hope that AJE and other AGEOD games appear at steam store soon :)

Castrai
Conscript

Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:42 pm

animalshadow wrote:Just noticed that Alea Jacta Est has been greenlit @ Steam, hope that AJE and other AGEOD games appear at steam store soon :)

Finally

Kaguya
Conscript

Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:53 am

«Alea Jacta Est» has been greenlit, «Pride of Nations» and all DLC's again available at steam without changes, «Civil War II» will be available tomorrow, «Rise of Prussia Gold» also available and all owners of previous version at steam have 75% discount. I think it's a WIN, gentelmans.
Will buy all titles next month. :3

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”