Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Online Ordering Problem

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:13 pm

I tried to order the Napoleon's Campaigns download directly from AGEOD on October 25th and got all the way to the confirmation screen that said I should be receiving a confirmation e-mail in minutes with download code and instructions. After 1.5 hours I fired off a request for help using the contact us screen to send in my problem. I checked my account and saw it was not charged a day later so fired off another request via contact us from the ordering screen for some help regarding my order. Even two days later it looked like the charge hadn't gone through. Is there some lag in international card processing?

Are you guys on strike or have you fired your customer service group? I would like to order directly from AGEOD and I hate ordering online and having to pay with plastic, I'm an old school guy who likes shopping at stores and paying cash - that's how I found your first game Birth of America. Sure wish I could find your games in a store near me like Best Buy. Could someone please give me some help getting my online order processed properly?

I was using my debit card and chose the "Visa" selection because I didn't know what "Visa Electron" meant. Could "Visa Electron" be a truncated form of "Visa Electronic Debit" and that that was the selection I should have used? I went all the way through the selection and payment process without any error messages and got all the way to step 4 - confirmation - so I'm wondering what went wrong.

I would like to get the Napoleon's Campaign's download, guess there are no more boxed sets left, and hope that someone at AGEOD will get on the ball and provide me with a little customer service so I can be a happy AGEOD NCP customer.
Thanks

PhilThib

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:20 pm

I don't think the provider of the DL service is on strike, but there may be on reduced staff right now because of vacation. Let me check that :confused:

If you prefer, I have Napoleon boxes (English version) available in the office, I can mail some to you. But I can only take PayPal as payment means (or a wire on a US account).

Please contact me directly at pthibaut@ageod.net or through a PM on this forum for details :cool:

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Many Thanks!

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:04 pm

Philippe,
After a second unsuccessful attempt to order through Nexway fell through I am very thankful to Philippe Thibaut for finding a way for me to pay for the Napoleon's Campaigns game so it can be shipped to me. Now instead of a mere download I'll get the boxed game which is even better. I'm really glad that Philippe showed the kind of customer support that Nexway failed to provide despite my sending them several e-mails trying to alert them to my ordering problem.

Vive le Philippe Thibaut & AGEOD! :thumbsup:

Respenus

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:56 pm

I would hate to steal someone else's thread, but this way it may be more efficient to report my problems.

I have the same problem as the OP. I wanted to buy RuS, gave my card details and now I keep waiting for the confirmation to come. The URL also says: "paymentStatus=REFUSED". So is it possible that there might had been a communication problem? Also Nexway did not deduct any money from my account, as I would had gotten an SMS if they did.

So, should I wait and see what happens or should I try again? I would prefer not to pay for two copies. As much as I love AgeOD game, I really could use the funds for something else. Like good French cuisine.

Thanks in advance.

PhilThib

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:00 pm

This is very strange. Contact me by PM so we can find a solution. :cool:

One thing that happened many times these days was people living in Europe and pretending they are US to buy at cheaper US$ price: the Nexway antifraud system automatically detects these attempts and just cancel or do not proceed the order: Europeans must buy in Euro and pay the VAT :(

Respenus

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:56 pm

Problem resolved after the quick intervention of Philippe. Glory be upon his name for all eternity (or until the end of the world, whichever comes sooner).

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Philippe is the Cavalry

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Respenus wrote:Problem resolved after the quick intervention of Philippe. Glory be upon his name for all eternity (or until the end of the world, whichever comes sooner).

Respenus,
Sounds like you had the same snafu ordering from Nexway that I did and Philippe came through for you like he did for me getting NCP. I agree that Philippe is like the cavalry riding over the crest of an ordering problem and saving the day in the nick of time. :thumbsup:

VladTepesz
Private

RuS order problem

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi,

Here's another thread hijacker! I just received an email from AGEOD with a promo code for Revolution under Siege - of course I immediately decide to order it (being the hard-to-persuade guy that I am when it comes to wargames...). ;)

However, once I enter the code in the first step and click OK, there is no discount shown. I try again in step 3 (after logging in in step 2), then I again get no discount shown, but error codes that name, address etc is missing. Same problem on both "europe" and "french" order pages... What can a games addict do..? :blink:

Generalisimo

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:55 pm

VladTepesz wrote:Hi,

Here's another thread hijacker! I just received an email from AGEOD with a promo code for Revolution under Siege - of course I immediately decide to order it (being the hard-to-persuade guy that I am when it comes to wargames...). ;)

However, once I enter the code in the first step and click OK, there is no discount shown. I try again in step 3 (after logging in in step 2), then I again get no discount shown, but error codes that name, address etc is missing. Same problem on both "europe" and "french" order pages... What can a games addict do..? :blink:

Are you sure the promo code is for RUS? :confused: ... because for example, look in here:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19765
That promo (if it is the same that you are talking about) clearly states:
Except Revolution Under Siege & other publishers games
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

VladTepesz
Private

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:17 pm

Generalisimo wrote:Are you sure the promo code is for RUS? :confused: ... because for example, look in here:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19765
That promo (if it is the same that you are talking about) clearly states:
Except Revolution Under Siege & other publishers games

Ah, my bad.... doh. :wacko:

Well, that's what you get for sending promo mails in french to me... :thumbsup: Seeing it in english suddenly becomes, as you say, very clear.

Carnium

Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:28 pm

VladTepesz wrote:Ah, my bad.... doh. :wacko:

Well, that's what you get for sending promo mails in french to me... :thumbsup: Seeing it in english suddenly becomes, as you say, very clear.

The problem seems to be that the English version of the mail is labelled as spam by gmail, but the French is not. Happened to me today :confused:

PhilThib

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:41 am

Yes, same for me !! :cool:

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

RUS Order?

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:00 am

PHILT: Still not receiving the game I ordered: Activation Code: H7BJ-LEFG-SAAC-S9BK-RNEX-6900. i AM NOT RECIEVING THE GAME ON SPAM!! Is it possible to inquire thru Paradox? L3 :(

Gray_Lensman

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:45 am

deleted

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:09 am

You are of course correct. Now what? Forget that code and order another game? L3 :wacko:

Generalisimo

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:54 pm

tagwyn wrote:You are of course correct. Now what? Forget that code and order another game? L3 :wacko:

You should manage this in private... contact PhilT by email or PM. ;)
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

charlesonmission

Online Ordering Problem

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:29 am

Hi, I'm having a very similar problem as Omnius above. I bought online to download AACW directly through ageod. This was yesterday, I've received no confirmation emails, my CC hasn't been charged, and I confess, I've impatiently emailed the online contact submission and the contact email listed in this thread above as well. Granted, it hasn't been 48 hours, so I suppose I should wait another 24 hours for a response as it says in the FAQ, unless someone else has some advice.

Regards,

Charles

charlesonmission

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:52 pm

charlesonmission wrote:Hi, I'm having a very similar problem as Omnius above. I bought online to download AACW directly through ageod. This was yesterday, I've received no confirmation emails, my CC hasn't been charged, and I confess, I've impatiently emailed the online contact submission and the contact email listed in this thread above as well. Granted, it hasn't been 48 hours, so I suppose I should wait another 24 hours for a response as it says in the FAQ, unless someone else has some advice.

Regards,

Charles

Okay, my problem was solved thanks to Philippe intervention. Firstly, bascially, if you have a credit card that is from one country and you are trying to purchase from a different country, it is usually declined. In my case (from the US, work in Afghanistan, but the IP is from Hong Kong since we are on satelite). However, there was no email notification saying that the payment was declined, hence my impatience wondering what was going on. Your best bet is to use to pay through paypal through your CC, which worked fine. Secondly, if you are on very slow Internet like me (20 KB/sec), the download button in your order confirmation email may not show up since it is an image. In your order confirmation email, press the jpeg image directly below 'downloading access' to go to the download page. Thirdly, you will need to use a download manager since it is so slow and Internet comes and goes. I use 'free download manager' which has done very well for me (you can read about it on CNET). Okay, I hope that helps people in similar situation.

Cheers and looking forward to the game,

Charles

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”