Martim Silva
Civilian

Online Shop now asks for separate information?

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Greetings,

I've bought several AGEOD games online previously, and never had a problem.

But today I tried to buy Montjoie! and instead of an email with the instructions for download, I got an email allegedly from "Sales Administration Department Ageod/ Nexway" that asked me to send via e-mail of fax a copy of my ID, or passport, or driver's license, and that I would only be able to get the game within 24 hours of sending them this data.

I never saw this in an online shop, and certainly never at AGEOD's store.

It seems to be a phishing scam.

Rafiki

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:50 pm

That seems a bit odd, but I do know that Montjoie is a bit more peripheral to the AGEOD portfolio than e.g. RoP and AACW, so there might be other rules governing its sale.

That said, can you send a mail to support@ageod.com with the details of your purchase (i.e when you made it, mail address provided, that kind of thing), and we'll follow up from there? The main staff is on its way back from Gamescom heading into the weekend, so you might not get a reply till Monday, but there is no harm in being careful with how your personal information is used.

Sorry for the inconvenience of this; I wish I was able to provide you with more help than I have been able to here.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Martim Silva
Civilian

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:06 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply. I will do as you suggest. :)

Even if it is peripheral, the only time I've seen demands like these was on a shady payment processor for gambling sites (which I promptly shun), so I wouldn't of course believe that a legitimate company like AGEOD could ask for them.

Best regards,

Martim Silva

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”