Kaiser1918
Corporal

Webshop issues

Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:23 am

Hi AGEOD,

I was already in contact with Philippe Malacher but he could not help me. I have ordered the game yesterday with my German address with a German Mastercard from the German site. I get a message saying that I get a confirmation email, but nothing happens so far...this is weird? I tried it earlier with my Singapore Credit Card but that was rejected and I do not know why?

Please advise!

Rafiki

Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:27 am

[color="Blue"]Since this deals with the webshap rather than the game, I have moved the trhead to the webshop's forum[/color]
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Kaiser1918
Corporal

Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:23 am

Well, let's hope that this move gets the right people to attention. I am another sale lost due to sloppy webshop technology...and I have the boardgame, bought it from Bruno through complicated dealings, worked on it, looked forward to WWI on PC since the first day. And now, I am frustrated as I am not able to buy (! not even play!) the game...

PhilThib

Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:23 pm

I sent you a PM explaining the situation and offering the way out. Thanks ;)

Kaiser1918
Corporal

Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:27 am

Yes, you can delete this thread now...thanks!

Langemarck
Civilian

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:55 am

Got the same Problem. Please help me.

PhilThib

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:58 am

Please send a PM explaining your problem. If you are buying with PayPal and the order is rejected, 99% of the time it is due because your PayPal account is not verified... If Visa/ BC, it may come because you are in some countries 'known' as supsicious...
We always find a solution... :thumbsup:

Langemarck
Civilian

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:06 am

My country is Germaney (suspicious???). I payed with EC-card.

PhilThib

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:09 am

I sent you a PM :)

dpy
Civilian

Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:27 pm

I think I may be having the same problem. I put it in the wrong sub-forum methinks. No confirmation email either. Tried with MC and Paypal (account verified). Multiple attempts hopefully will not result in multiple charges. Thanks.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=11526
"Ultimately they will become empty, mindless specters; stripped of will and soul, only their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for vengeance..."
Rush-The Necromancer
Without trucks, [color="Red"]Am[/color]er[color="Blue"]ica[/color] stops!
"Three-quarters of a soldier's life is spent in aimlessly waiting about."
Eugen Rosenstock-Huessy
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived"
Gen. George S. Patton Jr

Roninx
Civilian

Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:16 pm

PhilThib wrote:Please send a PM explaining your problem. If you are buying with PayPal and the order is rejected, 99% of the time it is due because your PayPal account is not verified... If Visa/ BC, it may come because you are in some countries 'known' as supsicious...
We always find a solution... :thumbsup:

Have the same problems, no confirmation received. Just send you a PM

PhilThib

Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:25 pm

Answer sent :)

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Webshop Issues

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:13 am

I also was unable to get the webshop to work when I tried to order World War 1.
For some reason it would not take Visa.

After many failed attempts, I gave up and purchased the game from Matrix.

This was particularly frustrating since I had previously been able to buy ACW, BOA, NCP, and WIA from the Webshop, using Visa.

I would have really preferred to buy WW1 directly from Ageod, but it was not possible.

Please fix this.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:43 pm

AGEOD should take care of its website.
Almost no games are sold on non-french sites (maybe that's ok), news are 8 months old (really? 1.07 WW1 is the last Ageod patch?), "Nice price" is not up-to-date (no UFO:Aftershock on french site), some games are really expensive (DoW-SS 35€!?).
Don't rely on your hardcore base fans, you know they are not enough...

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:53 pm

I bought RUS last night and didn't get a confirmation either. I'd previously bought WIA from the webpage and it worked fine. I haven't been debited yet so I'm wondering if I was rejected for some reason? This sounds like a problem you all should look into

PhilThib

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:28 pm

Have you used PayPal for payment...if so, check your account to see if updated.

Nexway (the service provider for the webnshop) has a rigid antifraud system that is sometimes excessive...for instance, orders where the credit card address is not coherent with the IP adress are rejected...happened recently to one of our client.

If anything weird, conctact me directly at pthibaut@ageod.net so I can make an enquiry :cool:

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:09 am

I was trying to use my debit card like I use for everything else. I went back and checked though, and saw that I bought WIA with my paypal account. I only use it for websites that look shady and Nexway fits that bill, but I forgot and actually tried to use my card last night. I just tried again with my Paypal and it went through fine.

I'd reccomend fixing the wording on the order page.

[ATTACH]14439[/ATTACH]

I highlighted the part that's wrong. You don't give payment info until you get to Nexway. I'd replace that with a warning that you're going off site to Ageod's payment processor or something. I know Ageod is a legit company, but it still kinda gave me the creeps with how "off" the ordering process was. If I was a new customer, I would've gone somewhere else or not ordered at all.
Attachments
ageod site wierdness.jpg
ageod site wierdness.jpg (150.94 KiB) Viewed 6930 times

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”