CSS
Lieutenant

The price I will PAY!!! GLADLY!!!!

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:29 pm

Guys,

I paid $130 for my La Grande Guerre board game plus shipping brand new!

Worth EVERY penny. The download is $50.00 american, the box plus the

download probably $60.00 to $70.00. I could never play the board game due

to time, complexity, need for other players,it is not like I am in college and

dont have a house and full time job and relationships to maintain, Like my

daughter and girldfriend.

Ageod has developed this game so now I will be able to play it!!! They have

been true to the board game version and have made it Modable, in as well as

created an NEW engine in the process!!! I would gladly despite being

financialy strapped as we all probably are right now pay $100.00 for this work

of art.

To the young man who is pissed about finding a deal on Amazon, all I can say is shame on you for being so immature, you go pour your soul into creating a work of art and have some young ingrate say they are pissed because of a few bucks. I want Phil and Ageod to make a profit and do very well financially so that they cand pay thier bills and spend time happily with thier families and bring us more of the games that are second to none!!!!!

Sol Invictus

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:38 pm

If the game is as good as I think and hope that it is, I would also pay $100. God knows I have spent hundreds of dollars on absolutely worthless games in the last few years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Johnnie
Captain

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:17 pm

You gentlemen certainly speak the truth. Even if Amazon were to sell this game at a discount (and I would bet there is a mistake or inaccuracy involved here) how would that be wrong of AGEOD. NWS routinely sells HPS games at a discount on the publication date.

With AGEOD especially, I like to deal with the source as I hope they thrive. I hope to be to continue purchasing their excellent games. It simply does not make sense to begrudge the developer a few bucks by selling direct at the MSRP.

Now I need the 10th to get here asap, or I'll never get home before the leaves fall.

dbeves
Conscript

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:41 pm

CSS wrote:Guys,

I paid $130 for my La Grande Guerre board game plus shipping brand new!

Worth EVERY penny. The download is $50.00 american, the box plus the

download probably $60.00 to $70.00. I could never play the board game due

to time, complexity, need for other players,it is not like I am in college and

dont have a house and full time job and relationships to maintain, Like my

daughter and girldfriend.

Ageod has developed this game so now I will be able to play it!!! They have

been true to the board game version and have made it Modable, in as well as

created an NEW engine in the process!!! I would gladly despite being

financialy strapped as we all probably are right now pay $100.00 for this work

of art.

To the young man who is pissed about finding a deal on Amazon, all I can say is shame on you for being so immature, you go pour your soul into creating a work of art and have some young ingrate say they are pissed because of a few bucks. I want Phil and Ageod to make a profit and do very well financially so that they cand pay thier bills and spend time happily with thier families and bring us more of the games that are second to none!!!!!

Well .... that should get you banned from this board if this board has any rules worth mentioning. And dont presume to know my age either. How can you know the game is a work of art ? no one has played it yet. Pronouncing a game a work of art you have yet to play is the height of stupid fanboi ignorance.

So - you are apparently prepared to pay nearly $130 bucks for one game you cant play and umlimited amounts for another you cannot possibly know how good or not it is. I expect you even donate regular amounts direct from your salary to AGEOD ... Lucky old you ... unfortunately I live in the real world and cannot afford to do so.

I would go into the point that placing a pre-order should not involve a premium price - especially when those most likely to pay it are the most loyal fanbase - delay the release for long enough of the physical product if you want the price I paid for a digital download to be fair or only distribute it themselves if they want to control the price.. I have no problem paying what I paid for the game - I know the effort these guys put in - I have bought every game they produced ... but next time I will wait and look on amazon and see what price I can get there if the release is basically the same time ... so AGEOD make less money ... hows that good for them idiot ?

PhilThib

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:45 pm

Well, no need to get excited about all this...it's 4 pieces of used game (coming out of god knows where!)... sure this is not funny for us, but I can live with this :D

dbeves
Conscript

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:58 pm

PhilThib wrote:Well, no need to get excited about all this...it's 4 pieces of used game (coming out of god knows where!)... sure this is not funny for us, but I can live with this :D

Its not used - this is new according to amazon

The price these people are able to sell at is dictated by AGEOD ... they wont sell at cost or or to make a loss ... so if someone can sell at £17 - what exactly did you charge them wholesale ? and that for a physical product ?

I say again ... I have no problem paying £30 for this ... but if you are wholesaling at such a low price - and I can pick it up for half the cost and get a physical product ... why would I pre - order in future ?

Thought I was helping AGEOD out by pre - ordering the game but evidently it was just a way for them to make more money out of me ...

Gray_Lensman

Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:18 am

deleted

PhilThib

Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:13 pm

dbeves wrote:The price these people are able to sell at is dictated by AGEOD ... they wont sell at cost or or to make a loss ... so if someone can sell at £17 - what exactly did you charge them wholesale ? and that for a physical product ?

False. There is no way to dictate a price with EU regulations. If someone wants to sell at cost, this is their right. As we mentionne already, we are NOT selling to Amazon UK...they sourced the game elsewhere, and if those people managed to find someone willing to lose money, all the better for them... I am pissed off by this, but can't do anything about it... we don't even know who is selling to Amazon and have no legal or possible mean to find out :(

Rafiki

Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:12 am

dbeves wrote:Well .... that should get you banned from this board if this board has any rules worth mentioning.

The board does have rules worth mentioning, but the enforcement of those rules will be done by us and not by popular vote or suggestion. Nothing has been said here that warrants any bans.

Still, tempers are running high in this thread, and I strongly suggest people take a step back and take a breath.

PhilThib has clarified the underlying facts. I'll leave the thread open, should there be someone with something on their mind and the ability to present it in an appropriate (i.e. friendly and constructive) manner.

There are a couple of points I would like to make.

Where and how anyone wishes to spend their money is their own private choice. That someone wants to go where they get the best deal is hardly something they can be blamed for.

That said, we truly appreciate those who choose to purchase our games directly from AGEOD, since even with all other things being equal, AGEOD gets a larger share of the proceeds there. That people make this a significant aspect of their purchasing decision is something we take as credit for the work we have done so far, as a vote of confidence that we will continue to do so and as a challenge to make sure we do :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

dbeves
Conscript

Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:44 am

PhilThib wrote:False. There is no way to dictate a price with EU regulations. If someone wants to sell at cost, this is their right. As we mentionne already, we are NOT selling to Amazon UK...they sourced the game elsewhere, and if those people managed to find someone willing to lose money, all the better for them... I am pissed off by this, but can't do anything about it... we don't even know who is selling to Amazon and have no legal or possible mean to find out :(

Sorry - that is not false ... at all ... an at "cost price" is dictated by the price the supplier paid for it ... therefore you perfectly well have it in your control to stop someone selling a physical product game on release date at half the cost I paid for a digital only download...given the assumption that the suppliers are not insane and selling at a loss ..

Sorry, for me this is not some kind of altruistic decision for me to buy from AGEOD simply to support them ... there are far more worthy causes for my charity ... AGEOD make a product... for which I am prepared to pay some money ... it doesnt get any more flowery than that ... so if you dont offer some kind of genuine reason for me to buy a digital only pre order at twice the price I can get a physical product why would I buy it ?

Johnnie
Captain

Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:00 am

Dear dbeves:

You have made your point, such that it is. Why don't you do the all of us a favor and get onto something else. Let's see. Do you think Von Kluck turned left too soon ??

PhilThib

Price

Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:23 am

Hi All,

I had a talk with Ascaron UK this morning. The games shown at Amazon are not sold by Amazon UK directly but by a smaller company called PNA, using Amazon as their boutique.

They sell almost at cost, and have only a limited stock of 50 units (all clearly identified now)... and won't get more under the present conditions. :(

So it's up to our clients to see where they want to buy. If they want it cheap they can get it from this one-time offer...rush before the stock is depleted...

Or support us and buy from us directly or from retailers in the UK that play a fair game. ;)

Matter closed for us.
Thanks

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:29 pm

PhilThib wrote:Hi All,

I had a talk with Ascaron UK this morning. The games shown at Amazon are not sold by Amazon UK directly but by a smaller company called PNA, using Amazon as their boutique.

They sell almost at cost, and have only a limited stock of 50 units (all clearly identified now)... and won't get more under the present conditions. :(

So it's up to our clients to see where they want to buy. If they want it cheap they can get it from this one-time offer...rush before the stock is depleted...

Or support us and buy from us directly or from retailers in the UK that play a fair game. ;)

Matter closed for us.
Thanks

Obviously, the right thing to do is to buy directly from Ageod.

I will do that.

I ask every customer who cares about Ageod to do the same.

Getting the cheapest possible price is not always the best course of action. There is value in supporting Ageod, both to fairly compensate the Ageod people for their fine work and to help Ageod survive to make more excellent games.

WallysWorld
Captain

Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:42 pm

I agree with vaalen.

For a niche area like this, we should support the developer directly. As much as I like to save money, paying a little more won't break me.

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”