jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Comparing online prices for AGEOD games

Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:29 pm

I searched the net for WiA prizes:

Play.com
WiA Boxed version: EUR 34.99, (free shipping within Euro area) ;) :)

[color="RoyalBlue"]see play.com website[/color]

AGEod:
WiA: Box $ 64.99 ($ 15 Shipping cost included WIA) :confused: :( :bonk:

Download vers.: $ 49.99

http://ageodus.nexway.com/game-description-Birth_of_America_II__Wars_in_America_17501815-659943.html

Present €/U.S. $ = 1,4477

It's expected the producer could offer best prizes. :wacko:
NOT SO WITH AGEOD!

Hope they like to clarify......

JastaV

[color="royalblue"]EDIT by Korrigan: While an open discussion about the PC Game industry market structure is always possible (and more complex than it seems), a direct link to another company webshop is a big no-no in any company forum.[/color]

Lafrite

Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:38 pm

TVA is different in Play.com location (Jersey Isles), i buy there often. :)

European Price (menu on your top right in the page) with an ageod redownload free of charge if you lost your file.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:56 pm

Lafrite wrote:TVA is different in Play.com location (Jersey Isles), i buy there often. :)

European Price (menu on your top right in the page) with an ageod redownload free of charge if you lost your file.

Anyway prize at Play.com is cheaper!
And having pre-ordered that from Play.com 2 month' ago you could save 15% more!

PhilThib

Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:58 pm

I addition Play.com buys large volumes from the UK (if you look at the picture, you'll see it is NOT the AGEOD's boxed version) and thus get larger discounts for quantities...

If you want to buy 500 units at once from us, I'll be glad to study a nice quantity discount...

That's usual on the market... if you look at the WIA price in Italy, it's even cheaper...but buy it and see the difference with ours ;) :D

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:42 pm

PhilThib wrote:I addition Play.com buys large volumes from the UK (if you look at the picture, you'll see it is NOT the AGEOD's boxed version) and thus get larger discounts for quantities...

Yes, I saw different pictures: but I assume the content is the same!
Indeed I think mother-home developing a product sould search to offer it at cheaper prize....... :thumbsup:

If you look at the WIA price in Italy, it's even cheaper...but buy it and see the difference with ours.......

Phil, you know I do not like bying Italian versions of games, for reasons I already reported to you. ;)
BTW, Italian versions are not cheaper at all: take a tour at Italian shops you could find WiA from 38.00 to 49.90 Euro depending from megastore to small shops!

PhilThib

Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:51 pm

Well, European law prevents you to undersell the other market actors... ;)

As for Italian price, I made a mistake, as WIA is not sold to our Italian distributor yet...I mean BOA (or AACW) :neener:

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:57 pm

PhilThib wrote:
As for Italian price, I made a mistake, as WIA is not sold to our Italian distributor yet...I mean BOA (or AACW) :neener:

I know it: that's why I said you could find rather than You'll find! :cool:
AKAIK, the only title sold in Italy is AACW, but I last checked few weeks ago!
I asked for NCP, for curiosity at a shop, they searched their database of scheduled release: they did not get any!

The main troubles with Italian game-shops marketing are:

-Products are available very late compared to English market: that because of times to add the proper language support.

-There's a great difference in prizes between small shops and great distribution as Megastores/Superstores.

-Megastores/Superstores usualy sell only a limited number of titles at cheap prize: usually market-top score ones. That creates the space for small Shops that sell all the minor titles, unfortunately at a too high prize! :(

It could be fun to know how things works in other EU countries......

Franciscus

Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Well, in Portugal there are almost no small PC-game shops... :(
And as a rule there are almost no localized versions of PC-games, which to me is good :thumbsup: (only console games for kids get sometimes localization)
PC games prices are rather uniform in the available stores, but usually a little more expensive than, say, through UK Amazon.
Never found AACW, but NCP is selling in FNAC stores.

Nevertheless, there have been many months (years, maybe) since I bought any games in a portuguese store (only console games for my kids). With digital download and Amazon, I do not need to :neener:

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:59 am

Franciscus wrote:Well, in Portugal there are almost no small PC-game shops... :(
And as a rule there are almost no localized versions of PC-games, which to me is good :thumbsup: (only console games for kids get sometimes localization)
PC games prices are rather uniform in the available stores, but usually a little more expensive than, say, through UK Amazon.
Never found AACW, but NCP is selling in FNAC stores.

Nevertheless, there have been many months (years, maybe) since I bought any games in a portuguese store (only console games for my kids). With digital download and Amazon, I do not need to :neener:

Please, do mot remind me of the Digital download options! :( :confused: :bonk:
There's no fast line connection chance where I live: just an old phone-line connection!

Gray_Lensman

Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:37 am

deleted

Generalisimo

Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:48 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Digital Downloads can still be had if you can find an Internet Cafe/hotspot and have a memory stick.

You can even use a portable HD. ;)
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:35 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Digital Downloads can still be had if you can find an Internet Cafe/hotspot and have a memory stick.

Last time I went after such a solution: "pay for download" a program/update, IT WAS A DISASTERS! :(

It was as regard an Il-2 update released only by net pay for download way!
It was 2-3 years ago!
The community reacted not so well: many experienced download troubles and had to pay twice to having it......midway download crashes.
Other had to re-install full Il-2 program some time later: they had to download the upgrade for asecond time, paying it again!
Many reported troubles with "game-spy installation" on their PC during the download.
Not last, an important part of the Il-2 Comunity was cut off the upgrade.

I took charge of a double public petition posting in favour of the release of the DVD version........we had to wait for months but we got it! :thumbsup:

Generalisimo

Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:07 pm

Well, the last game i bought from Digital Download was Futbol Manager 2008... and I still play it with my brothers. :thumbsup:
Considering that a new release appears every year and the ammount of shipping costs that I saved for downloading it... it was a good transaction IMHO. :thumbsup:
Also, I can have the game installed into two different computers... when i reach that limit (for example, i change my PC for a new one so I want to install it again) I just need to contact them to "clear" one of my slots available and problem solved. I never had a problem with patches neither.
So, DD all the way for me... :thumbsup:
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Gray_Lensman

Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:10 am

deleted

Zebedee
Sergeant

Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:49 am

I still miss being able to read the manual in the, erm, bathroom....

But as long as the site accepts my or my flatmate's CC, then digital download is fine. It's nice knowing that your money is going directly to the people who are making games you want to play rather than them getting some ludicrous marginal cut from a publisher. Good strategy games are hard to find and is perhaps the best way of supporting the smaller developers.

I've certainly nothing but praise for AGEOD in sorting out my initial teething troubles with a corrupt download so quickly.
[font="Verdana"]"For God's sake, let us if possible keep out of it." - Lord Russell on British government policy towards the warring states, Hansard.[/font]

[color="Blue"]Gray's Historical Accuracy Mod for AACW[/color]

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Price?!!

Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:03 pm

Do not be ungrateful!!! Have some love for those folks that put out the best PC games in the world!! A couple of dollars more is a small price to pay for loyalty to AGEOD!!! It pays back the loyalty they show to us!! :thumbsup: :p apy:

soundoff
AGEod Veteran

Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:26 pm

tagwyn wrote:Do not be ungrateful!!! Have some love for those folks that put out the best PC games in the world!! A couple of dollars more is a small price to pay for loyalty to AGEOD!!! It pays back the loyalty they show to us!! :thumbsup: :p apy:

Grief Tagwyn but I must disagree with you here. I'll stay loyal to AGEod or any other company whilst they supply what I want, when I want it and at a price I'm prepared to pay. AGEod is a very good company but god forbid its the only very good company out there....as players we really would be in a mess if that were so. ;)

Mons
Conscript

Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:43 pm

PhilThib wrote:That's usual on the market... if you look at the WIA price in Italy, it's even cheaper...but buy it and see the difference with ours ;) :D

I like italian versions. Actually I'm italian...

:thumbsup:

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”