dooya

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:19 am

If you give peanuts, you will get monkeys.
No quote - No bullshit!

Rafiki

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:24 am

dooya wrote:If you give peanuts, you will get monkeys.

Yay! Peanuts! :thumbsup:
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

dooya

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:44 am

What do I have to give to get squirrels?
No quote - No bullshit!

PhilThib

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:45 am

Nuts! :mdr:

dooya

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:52 am

PhilThib wrote:Nuts! :mdr:
I knew for sure that this answer would come up, but I did not expect you to be the one give it. :eek: :niark:
No quote - No bullshit!

PhilThib

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:57 am

That's what I am best at.... surprises ;) :D

dooya

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:09 am

PhilThib wrote:That's what I am best at.... surprises ;) :D
Nevertheless I hope that I never get to see this particular surprise. :eek: :niark:
No quote - No bullshit!

Rafiki

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:29 am

dooya wrote:I knew for sure that this answer would come up, but I did not expect you to be the one give it. :eek: :niark:

Well, he's one who should know, isn't he ;)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:32 pm

PhilThib wrote:Nuts! :mdr:

I believe this is a reference to the reply given at Bastogne... :D

..are you feeling surrounded? :blink:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

PhilThib

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:27 pm

Yes.... but will never surrender ;)

Mac Phil :cool:

Stwa
Colonel

Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Sometimes price does not determine the enjoyment on might receive from a title. The time elapsed since release date may see the price drop for many reasons, and sometimes there are good bargain. Here is a list of the titles I bought over that last several years, listed by the time spent messing with em.

WOE (Thirdwire) $19.99 Physical copy
WOV (Thirdwire) $19.99 Physical copy
SF (Thirdwire) $ 4.99 Physical copy

UV (2x3) $32.99 Digital Download
BoA (Ageod) $35.99 Digital Download
WiTP (2x3) $71.99 Digital Download
WiA (Ageod) $(Not determined, but most expensive I'm sure) :)

Gray_Lensman

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:05 pm

deleted

Stwa
Colonel

Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:52 am

I can't imagine spending 2500 hours at anything, much less a game. So to account for total elapsed time during this period of your life, I am guessing you spent:

2500 hours messin with ACW
2500 hours sleeping
1000 hours eating
700 hours in the bathroom
500 hours driving around town in your car
300 hours watching TV or staring off into space

:)

Just kidding, of course, it must be great to be that passionistic about something, eh?

:)

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Gray: Money is not the measurement here - it is time! Our lives are only so long. We will be judged on what we spent our time on!! t

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:03 pm

Passionistic? Try studying English grammer/spelling. t

ravinood
Civilian

Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:43 am

I buy most of my games now out of two foreign countries and no not taiwan or thailand. But, these prices are just fantastic and i get a game box, a printed official manual and a disc or two.
I've gotten the likes of BOA and AACW for less than $10 each and many high priced matrixgames for $25 or less. Like The Generals Edition of SPWAW $25, WitP $25, Tin Soldiers Caesar $7.95 and because of some shipping messup I got Panzer Command:Kharkov for free and Panzer Command:Operation Winter Storm for $4.95 and because I buy in bulk I save on shipping even.
I can't remember the last time I paid $50 for a game which is rediculous anyway. Even paying over $30 is a rarity anymore if you just shop around and are willing to take used copies of games which work just fine and save you money. I think the last game I bought I paid over $30 for was Rome Total War so how long ago has that been? It was so crappy I swore then to buy all games bargain bin or for less than $30 since most aren't worth the cd they are printed on these days. I got Take Command 2nd Manassas for $6.95 off amazon and many more like Battlefronts Combat Mission:Shock Force $4.99 just to name a few.
So I'll be watching the foreign market for BOA2 and NC and others as sooner or later they make their way there and return to America for a much much cheaper price. ;)

Carnium

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:31 am

ravinood wrote:So I'll be watching the foreign market for BOA2 and NC and others as sooner or later they make their way there and return to America for a much much cheaper price. ;)

You do understand that if we all had your "shopping habits" there would be almost no (PC) gaming industry at all ? Small companies like AGEOD would definitely case to exist and no one could enjoy their fantastic games.
Don't get me wrong, I like shopping via eBay (books and DVDs), but sometimes you need to show your support for a company that it deserves by buying directly from them and helping them in a long term.
You must also know that may things that come from "foreign market" can look like originals but are in fact "only" remarkable well done black copies. My
Barry Lyndon DVD that I bought for 6,5 EUR from a "French seller" came from Thailand....

arsan

Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:40 pm

Oh my god! :blink:
It seems the famous (or infamous :neener :) Ravinhood, ex member of the Matrixgames forums is here at AGEOD! :w00t:
His "bargain bin" theme is unmistakable ;)
Now, if he put a cool Venonika Lake avatar :coeurs: and uses expressions like "kiddie click fest" i will be 100% sure :wacko:
Welcome aboard! (i suppose...) ;)

Gray_Lensman

Sun May 10, 2009 3:53 pm

deleted

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Tue May 12, 2009 11:46 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:Already, the larger companies are going that route by "charging" a yearly fee for the lease of their product.

I certainly can see where that comes from. But won't that make people more hesitant to get a game of which they're not completely sure whether they'll play it regularly? Personally, I often buy games that I know I won't have the time to play right away, because once I own them, I can always play them later if I like. I recall that I purchased AACW several years ago when it was more or less new, yet I only started playing it for real last fall. I got TOAW3 in 2006 but didn't start playing a lot until more than a year later, however, now it's one of the games I play most often. Would I have had to pay for it each year, I may not have gotten it in the first place, and most certainly I would not have renewed the "lease" for a second year ... I also own NCP which I don't play at all. In short, I will purchase games and own them, like I often purchase books that I may read many years later. I am not so sure I will quite as readily "lease" a game ... but maybe that's just me. :innocent:
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]
Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)
[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]
American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”