Pocus

New optional Rule: Hardened Attrition

Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:38 am

For whose who want to suffer! :king:

Aim: To have troops suffer from attrition even if not moving. Can be coupled with the Scorch Earth rule for nastier effect. Basically, without the SE rule, you are safe in cities when static, but will get some additional damages outside, even if the weather is fair.

In Winter or worse in hard winter (blizzard), even troops in cities will lose cohesion and troops (not much) but things will be much worse in open terrain.

There is an additional penalty if the region is pillaged.

With the SE rule in effect, the SE parameter 'PillagePercent' act as a multiplier to the damages. Ie if you have set it to 50%, then all damages from the Hardened Attrition rule are inflated by 50%

In NCP, with the rule on, and as the Russian have the SE rule, French will lose men and cohesion in Moscow in winter.

What's more:

If under this rule, for the player only though, recuperating hits or new elements will only be done in Depots.

The rule will not be published in the interface for AACW before the release of Napoleon, but can be activated within the general.opt file (see the new thread 'Remark on new rules & the old games'). The rule levels are:

0: Normal attrition
1: Only for Human
2: For both (AI and Human)

The loss in cohesion/hits in city & winter will be very small, something like 1 cohesion pt and 20% chance of losing a hit, per turn.

Outside, in winter, the loss should be of 6 cohesion pts and 1.2 hits per turn.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Clovis

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Is AI able to cope with this new rule. for now, AI is yet challenged to preserve its forces from bad weather...

Pocus

Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:59 am

Depends, the AI algorithm for winter is supposed to work and trigger as soon as snow is falling, so she should shelter except if opportunities are around and ample supply are in the force. Each time I ask for a save showing a stack which should shelter itself and is not, I get nothing though (either the player is playing with a mod or is not sending the save).

Anyway, it is indeed better to not play with this rule for both AI and player, but only for the player. I add the level of option to play fair, but I agree the AI will be in trouble somehow.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:35 pm

I have added a damage reduction in proportion of the loyalty of the region, make sense to lose less when at home.

Return to “VIP Modding & AGE Engine Novelties forum”