yuy168
Civilian

Analyzing Save Games

Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:02 am

A friend and I playing RUS specifically (though this would apply to other AGEOD games) wanted to be able to analyze our save games to collect data like VP and strategic city control into a spreadsheet automatically so we could analyze and develop better strategy. The problem is we don't understand how the turns are formatted or where to begin with our analysis. Where are the relevant statistics located in the save files? How could we more efficiently go about this?

Any help is appreciated!

Durk

Re: Analyzing Save Games

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:50 pm

Even though you are planning an analysis not a mod, the relevant information will be found here
viewforum.php?f=132
File structure and formatting are explained in may of the posts.

yuy168
Civilian

Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:44 am

Durk wrote:Even though you are planning an analysis not a mod, the relevant information will be found here
viewforum.php?f=132
File structure and formatting are explained in may of the posts.

I have used the search function and combed these forums and been unable to find the specific information that I am asking for, which is why I made this thread. Could you point me to any particular thread?

Durk

Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:24 am

yuy168
Civilian

Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:07 am

I'm sorry but it does not appear to me that the databases (which I downloaded and inspected before making this thread) have what I am looking for, which is the format of the save files. Am I being thick and missing something right in front of me?

Tom
Private

Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:57 am

That would be quite helpful, indeed. I have in mind to fix the Black Screen which requires RevealTI console command but then spoils the fun of discovery, among other issues. Instead, I hope to copy visible regions from another nation.

Return to “VIP Modding & AGE Engine Novelties forum”