lodilefty

Modding Settings in events

Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:21 pm

I'm developing a 15 day scenario variant for WIA, and would like to reduce the overall EP earned for that scenario only. The EP are thus earned at "twice the rate" because we get two turns per month.....

...I could, of course, edit the SetNavalPool values, but then I still will have an 'increased' rate of earned EP from Strategic Cities etc....

the EP earned are adjusted by the parameters in EngagementPts.opt

Is there a way to change these params in an event rather than globally [for all scenarios] via editing the opt file? [I'd rather not muck up the params for the other scenarios]

If not, can there be? ;)
It would be nifty to be able to adjust EP earned by seasons, also :D
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Pocus

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:58 am

Can be done, but I already have 6 or so interface tweaks to do for ROP... An alternate proposal of mine would be (as the scope is a single scenario) to have a recurring event reducing by a given amount the number of EP. For example, if EP stored >= 10, remove 3, if EP < 10 remove 2, this should equilibrate things I believe.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Pocus wrote:Can be done, but I already have 6 or so interface tweaks to do for ROP... An alternate proposal of mine would be (as the scope is a single scenario) to have a recurring event reducing by a given amount the number of EP. For example, if EP stored >= 10, remove 3, if EP < 10 remove 2, this should equilibrate things I believe.

Now that's clever !!! ;) :D
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “VIP Modding &amp; AGE Engine Novelties forum”