Pocus

Napoleon's Campaign patch 1.04

Tue May 27, 2008 9:36 am

Dear players,

Here it is! You can find it there:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/NCP_Patch.zip

Because of numerous change, it is not compatible with the previous patch.

I take the opportunity here to make a call for volunteers. If you are interested in improving the game, and are willing to mod the changes with our guidance and the advices of others volunteers, then you are welcome in the Napoleon's Improvement Project.

*: please note that the purpose of being part of the project is not to provide us with a wishlist and then walk away :)

==============================================================================
THIS PATCH DOES NOT WORKS FOR THE 1.00 VERSION, if you have not installed
the Foundation Patch before.

Napoleon's Campaigns Patch 1.04 May, 2008

Bugs
- fixed: Naval Combat had a bug on cohesion.
- fixed: lone artillery could be redeployed.
- fixed: a rare bug where a ZIP gamefile would not be recognized correctly.
- fixed: Partisans units were not shown in the Unit List (Ledger page F1)
- fixed: a bug of password querying.

Gameplay
- When a depot or village is burned, supply is reduced to the stock needed for one turn of supply (of the units present in the region).
- changed: Generals being discharged from army command, or bypassed by another general when an army is formed will now lose 1 to 4 seniority ranks.
- added: Divisions can now replace whole lost elements.
- Fatigue and losses of men both from movements and standing attrition revised. Historical Attrition should be less harsh. Attrition from movements is higher in bad weather, but is less important from enemy territory.All parameters have been exported into a new option file for modders. See the modding forum for further instructions.
- Various adjustments in the database.
- March to the Sound of Guns improvements: a corps can intervene once per day maximum, and 1 cohesion point / day of 'virtual' march is lost doing so.
- changed: movement speed now takes the slowed element within an unit.
- changed: Seniority changes are now 50% faster (in good ... or bad)
- Units in a structure are always considered as being passive for Cohesion recovery (netting a +2 per day overall, +1 from Passive, +1 from Structure). Reminder,if besieged, you lose -1.5 though.

Scenarios & events

- Many typos fixed in events.
- Some events were not translated in their game text.

- PW scenario:
- NM required to win has been lowered
- British reinforcements will always appear, even if Portugal has fallen (they shall show up in Mallorca in such a case)
- Gibraltar defenses have been boosted...
- Cintra event fixed.
- Tweak on Joseph arrival and Murat departure.
- Napoleon now arrives in October, when the Erfurt treaty was signed.
- GuardRemove1809 event was broken.
- str1808CampaignBackground1 shortened for the French version only.
- Spanish Insurection options replacements changed to: 3 lines, 6 militia, 4 raiders (was 2-8-8)
- New Spanish Option: The spanish player can now enlist 3 new brigades at the cost of 6 replacements.

- 1809 scenario
- Fixed a bug with the Kroat uprising.

Database
- Guards Lancers are no more heavy cavalry
- French Carabiniers are now heavy cavalry.
- Combat signature variable added. Cavalry should be less targeted before closing for the charge.
- HorsePerHit and GunsPerHit added, for a better battle report.

AI
- AI: Better decision making for standing outside or inside structures.
- AI: AI can now burn depots in very hostile areas.
- AI: improvement: AI is more clever in the use of Army HQ.
- AI: Improved 'ForceInBeing' algorithm.

Interface
- The keys 'Q' and 'W' can now be used to cycle through fixed units

---------------------------

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue May 27, 2008 4:20 pm

It seems like most updates enlisted into Gameplay Section act to line up NCP 1.04 with ACW 1.10. :cwboy: :indien:

- Added: Divisions can now replace whole lost elements.

So, no more need to put single units on map, out of divisional organization?

- changed: movement speed now takes the slowed element within an unit.

I suppose Supply Vehicles Units are considered too, for the sake of this rule.
Isn't it?

- Units in a structure are always considered as being passive for Cohesion recovery
(netting a +2 per day overall, +1 from Passive, +1 from Structure). Reminder,if besieged, you lose -1.5 though.

With Historical Hard Attrition option enabled, have we always to put forces inside depot for replacement gains?
I noticed it's not always true with ACW 1.10!

BTW, no mention here of the Leader/HQ quick redeployement special commands, not working with later patch,...and not present into ACW 1.10.
Has that option been removed?

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue May 27, 2008 4:23 pm

Why link to NCP patch 1.03c is till active into AGEOD games most recent available patch list?
Is present NCP patch 1.04 to be considered offical release one?

Nikel

Tue May 27, 2008 5:26 pm

Thanks for the new patch! :)

But is it official now? So this is a little mistake?

Napoleon's Campaigns Patch 1.04 beta / May, 2008

About
British reinforcements will always appear, even if Portugal has fallen (they shall show up in Mallorca in such a case)

just curiosity, why was chosen Mallorca instead of Gibraltar, now that the defenses have been boosted?

And a last one, I have read in the AACW part of the forum, that there are problems with installing new patches, better to do a fresh install and then apply the last patch. Is this real for NCP too? or there is no problem in applying one patch after the other?

Regards

arsan

Tue May 27, 2008 7:47 pm

Nikel wrote:And a last one, I have read in the AACW part of the forum, that there are problems with installing new patches, better to do a fresh install and then apply the last patch. Is this real for NCP too? or there is no problem in applying one patch after the other?

Regards

Hi!

It depends of how perfectionist you are :siffle:
I usually patch over patch... but from time to time (2/3 months, it depends) i do a reinstall to feel "cleaner"... :niark:
So if you have the time and the inclination, unistaling and reinstalling is the best way to do it... but if you are lazy like me... 95% of the times you will have no problem at all with patching the game several times.
As a rule of thumb, don't reinstall, just patch. And if anything looks strange, do a reinstall an probably it will be fixed.
Just my 2 cents
Regards!

Nikel

Tue May 27, 2008 10:34 pm

Ok, I will do as you say, just patching as they are out.

Thanks for the answer arsan ;)

Rafiki

Tue May 27, 2008 11:08 pm

[color="Blue"]Jasta, I moved your posts here since you were posting in English within the French forum :) [/color]
jastaV wrote:Why link to NCP patch 1.03c is till active into AGEOD games most recent available patch list?
Is present NCP patch 1.04 to be considered offical release one?

1.04 is the official patch now, following the above announcement by Pocus
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed May 28, 2008 9:53 am

It seems like most updates enlisted into Gameplay Section act to line up NCP 1.01 with ACW 1.10.

- Added: Divisions can now replace whole lost elements.

So, no more need to put single units on map, out of divisional organization?

- changed: movement speed now takes the slowed element within an unit

I suppose Supply Vehicles Units are considered too, for the sake of this rule.

- Units in a structure are always considered as being passive for Cohesion recovery (netting a +2 per day overall, +1 from Passive, +1 from Structure). Reminder,if besieged, you lose -1.5 though.

With Historical Hard Attrition option enabled, have we always to put forces inside depot for replacement gains?
I noticed it's not always true with ACW 1.10!

BTW, no mention here of the Leader/HQ quick redeployement special commands, not working with later patch,...and not present into ACW 1.10.
Has that option been removed?

Pocus

Wed May 28, 2008 11:16 am

no
yes

you should not get whole replacements if not on a depot with historical attrition.

leader redeployement worked last time I checked it, are you saying it is buggy?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Nikel

Wed May 28, 2008 11:36 am

Peninsular war. In the battle of Madrid, the first turn, in the graphic Dalrymple appears as the commander of the spanish troops. But was he there?

PhilThib

Wed May 28, 2008 12:14 pm

Are you using the latest version of the PW scenario ? Darlymple starts in command of British forces at Gibraltar, not Madrid...so the only reason for this is either a setup bug (wrong copy paste of region name somewhere) or an error in the DB....
I'll check on my side, but receiving the turn "save" would be ideal to help... :indien:

Pocus

Wed May 28, 2008 1:49 pm

Nikel wrote:Peninsular war. In the battle of Madrid, the first turn, in the graphic Dalrymple appears as the commander of the spanish troops. But was he there?

you restarted in 1.04?

Post Captain
Private

Wed May 28, 2008 4:17 pm

Installed the new patch of 1.04, started the Spanish campaign, went to click on the globe and was kicked out to the main menu, tried this with a couple of scenarios and the same thing happened.

arsan

Wed May 28, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi
NCP newly reinstalled form the Spanish cd version (1.03d) and updated to 1.4
I can confirm the bug posted by Nikel. On first turn of the spanish campaign, playing as the french, Darlymple (not present before battle on the tooltip info of the enemy force) was commanding the spanish force in battle. :tournepas
It happened on the 3 battles i need to take Madrid on this first turn.

Loading the campaign as the spaniards, i can confirm that Darlymple is at Gibarltar, as he should. The Duque de Infantado commands the Madrid Spanish forces.
The strange thing is that, on the battle report, The Duque de Infantado vanishes and Darlymple substitute him commanding the spanish forces at Madrid :bonk:

About Post Captain bug: i don't have this problem. The globe link to main menu works OK for me. :coeurs:
Regards!

I attach the save of this first turn in case it's needed
Attachments
darlymple save.rar
(425.14 KiB) Downloaded 220 times

Pocus

Wed May 28, 2008 7:29 pm

I would say the scenario is not synched with the DB

Nikel

Wed May 28, 2008 9:31 pm

PhilThib, I am playing with the last patch 1.04 applied, PW scenario file is dated 15 of may, size 2114 Kb.

Pocus, I started a new game, PW scenario in 1.04

arsan thanks for the confirmation and for posting the saves files ;) Yes, Dalrymple is in Gibraltar if you play with the other side

arsan

Wed May 28, 2008 9:53 pm

Nikel wrote:arsan thanks for the confirmation and for posting the saves files ;) Yes, Dalrymple is in Gibraltar if you play with the other side

Yes, but i noticed that at start of turn two playing as the spanish, Dalrymple was not on Gibarltar anymore... he was recovering from the injuries received on the Madrid battles... in Ciudad Rodrigo! :tournepas
What a trip! :niark:

PhilThib

Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 am

Seems one of the reason was that Dalrymple was free of his movement in Gibraltar (i.e. not fixed), the AI has decided to rush him in an 'advisory' role :siffle: :sourcil: :niark: to Madrid, where he takes command (remember, for the AI, UK and Spain are one and the same!!)...

By fixing Gibraltar UK forces 3 turns, the problem appears solved. Please use the following scenario :indien:
Attachments
1808 Campaign.zip
(94.71 KiB) Downloaded 229 times

Nikel

Thu May 29, 2008 8:47 am

Thanks, I will try it when I get home.

But Dalrymple alone, with no army, would he be of any help the 2 of may? And was not Dalrymple who allowed Junot's Armee to leave Portugal freely and in british ships after Cintra? :niark:

And about the question before?
British reinforcements will always appear, even if Portugal has fallen (they shall show up in Mallorca in such a case)

just curiosity, why was chosen Mallorca instead of Gibraltar? now that the defenses have been boosted

PhilThib

Thu May 29, 2008 8:51 am

The AI sends him to Madrid because a 3*** general there will reduce the CP penalty :indien:

The reinforcements have been chosen to go to Mallorca as a 'last resort', they will show up usually in Portugal, then Gibraltar...because even boosted, Gib may fall :sourcil:

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu May 29, 2008 9:18 am

Pocus wrote:leader redeployement worked last time I checked it, are you saying it is buggy?

I verified this point with ACW: IT WORKS!

Thanks for clarifications.

JastaV

Pocus

Thu May 29, 2008 1:27 pm

Happy to see everything is fine then.

Nikel

Thu May 29, 2008 5:15 pm

problem solved :cwboy:

arsan

Thu May 29, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi

Is the actual 1.04 patch updated with this little fix or will we have to wait for this to 1.04a?

(just asking, not trying to press the issue! :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :niark: )
Regards!

Pocus

Thu May 29, 2008 6:39 pm

no patch include that, sorry.

For the spanish files Arsan, I was thinking that you can deliver the 2 new csv to your fellows Spanish players, you don't need to wait for a patch.

arsan

Thu May 29, 2008 6:43 pm

Pocus wrote:no patch include that, sorry.

For the spanish files Arsan, I was thinking that you can deliver the 2 new csv to your fellows Spanish players, you don't need to wait for a patch.

Sure... How?? :cwboy:
Could you send them to me?
Or it's OK if i fix manually the csv's from my game installation and post them? :bonk:
Cheers!

Nikel

Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:03 pm

Is the movement right here? Should this be light infantry?

And this one wheeled?

Pocus

Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:00 am

arsan wrote:Sure... How?? :cwboy:
Could you send them to me?
Or it's OK if i fix manually the csv's from my game installation and post them? :bonk:
Cheers!

I'll send them to you, better.

Pocus

Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:01 am

For the infantry, it seems an oversight yes.
For the wagon, it is on purpose, earlier French wagons are not put as wheeled so they can move faster than the others.

PhilThib

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:04 am

No, there are no errors. Its WAD.... :indien:

All infantry except irregulars has HeavyInf movement type.. the fact some units are termed "light" is more on based on their combat / battle behavior than move type.

For the Supply unit, we have a "special" cavalry supply type wagon (let's say 'light' wagons) which is considered HeavyCav move type on purpose, has only 2 sub-elements and also has a special NATO symbol (cav supply)... this is designed to move with large French cav divisions at a high speed...there are only 2 or 3 in the game, and they are not buildable or cannot be received by events or options.

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”