Carnium

Reflections on the Polish Campaign

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:01 pm

We already have Reflections on the Spanish Campaign so here is the Polish one.
I had quite some fun playing it from the French perspective but there are some anomalies that could/need to be fixed/changed.
- some units have no "3d figure" only the plate ( this seems to be a common problem with almost all scenarios - will check later)
- there are no replacements for Würtemberg and Bavarian units and the Poles only get cavalry replacements ( no infantry !)
- automatic victory is not firing - my morale was at 206 ( 200 needed for a win) and I had all the objectives under my control bur the game has not ended with automatic victory.
Maybe the problem is in the fact that I have prolonged the campaign via theatre option ?
- the AI is doing a really poor job in defending its main objectives (something that is quite common in all NPC scenarios :p leure: )

Here are some things that needs to be fixed for the Coalition side:
- Prussia has no artillery replacements - bug or done intentional ?
- French artillery replacements are visible when playing from the Coalition side :8o: - see screens
- scenario is kinda too easy from the French side and too hard from the coalition side :niark:
Attachments
Visible French replacements.JPG
plates only.JPG

Offworlder
General

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:15 am

Am I correct in saying that there reinforcements for Baden units which are not included in the game, but none for the Wurttemburger units? Maybe that's the glitch.

Carnium

Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:11 am

Offworlder wrote:Am I correct in saying that there reinforcements for Baden units which are not included in the game, but none for the Wurttemburger units? Maybe that's the glitch.

Not really. Only Saxonian units get replacements and no replacements for Würtemberg, Bavaria and Polish infantry.
Attachments
French replacements.JPG

PhilThib

Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:22 pm

Well, at the time they historically did not replace much (and we did not find proof thereof) :indien:

Carnium

Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:49 pm

PhilThib wrote:Well, at the time they historically did not replace much (and we did not find proof thereof) :indien:

That is probably true for some nations. But if Poland gets cavalary replacements why no infantry ?
Besides there are other things still wrong/bugged/missing in this scenario :sourcil: :p leure: :siffle:

PhilThib

Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:26 pm

For Poland, I have the name of 3 Infantry Regiments raised by Napoleon in 1807...and that's about all the French did... the Cavalry was less organized and the fact from some Polish nobles volunteers, hence some replacements for the initial units.... let's say it's WAD for me, until I get more information about Polish recruits storming to the ranks and file in 1807... :indien:

Carnium

Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:11 pm

[quote="PhilThib"][/QUOTE]

True. Should have checked the sources before reporting things :innocent:
Some interesting informations are here too :
http://web2.airmail.net/napoleon/polish_army.html#rebirth

morvael
Sergeant

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:12 pm

PhilThib wrote:For Poland, I have the name of 3 Infantry Regiments raised by Napoleon in 1807...and that's about all the French did... the Cavalry was less organized and the fact from some Polish nobles volunteers, hence some replacements for the initial units.... let's say it's WAD for me, until I get more information about Polish recruits storming to the ranks and file in 1807... :indien:

Look here, infantry regiments history was completed:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=56321&postcount=20

Of course only the first regiments formed in Wielkopolska (Poznan, Gniezno) in December managed to get active part in the campaign of 1807 (Dabrowski's Division) but the others where forming and would be ready to be used too when the capaign would take longer (plus they provided some kind of protection to the places they were stationed in).

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”