Sean E
Captain

Riverine unit?

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:18 am

Jellachich Corps during play of the Austerlitz scenario spent 5 turns moving up and down the Traun Confluent. I could not attck them either. Some special river move going on here or just a bug? (pic attached)
Attachments
rivercorp.JPG

PhilThib

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:37 pm

Strange...the AI has made good use of the Bateaux to move some slow supply units fast over the river, but for what purpose? May be was caught by the speedy land move of the French... as a trick you could load the game in AI move and see what was planned ?

Sean E
Captain

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:03 am

Yeah i did load it up from the AI side and there were no Bateaux's i could see! The stack just seemed to be moving up and down the river on its own?

LooksLikeRain
Conscript

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:12 am

I think I saw the same thing on the other side in that scenario. When playing as the Austrians, one of the French corps appeared just sitting in the middle of the Danube upstream from Wien.

Both sides have riverine units in that scenario, but what appeared on the map didn't seem to show them. Ie, I didn't see a riverine unit in the river, but the icon for the corps\leader. If the troops were loaded on a transport, I think I'd expect to see the transport on the map.

I wasn't quite sure what the AI was doing with them out there. It was near the end, and I'd massed my Russians and what was left of the Austrians outside Wien. I was waiting for a big French attack to try to win the scenario. That's essentially how I'd won as the French when I'd played that side first. That was when I saw this one corps out in the river, and the AI never did want to make that big attack. Maybe I was just too strong for it. I got a stalemate from that game by sitting there like that. But it was right at that time that I was expecting a massed attack that I saw the AI with the corps floating in the river.

Pocus

Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:22 pm

I'll check under which condition the AI can use riverine move despite the formal interdiction to do so in NCP ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:54 pm

I checked and it don't make sense, perhaps I'm missing something in the code, but everything is checked as it should be. Do you have the save around, with the previous turn?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Sean E
Captain

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:18 am

I think i do? I'll check it out when home. Where do i send them again?

Henry D.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:22 am

[email="support@ageod.com"]support@ageod.com[/email]

Regards, Henry :)
Henry D, also known as "Stauffenberg" @ Strategycon Interactive and formerly (un)known as "whatasillyname" @ Paradox Forums

"Rackers, wollt Ihr ewig leben?" (Rascals, Do You want to live forever?) - Frederick the Great, cursing at his fleeing Grenadiers at the battle of Kunersdorf

"Nee, Fritze, aber für fuffzehn Pfennije is' heute jenuch!" (No, Freddy, but for 15p let's call it a day!) - Retort of one passing Grenadier to the above :sourcil:

Sean E
Captain

Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:04 pm

Ok i found that save and sent.

Pocus

Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:26 pm

Got it, thanks.

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”