Temgesic
Lieutenant

How to get a new download for my copy?

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi!

I bought this game a couple of years ago from a Swedish site. Now they can´t provide the download for me because they say the servers where the game was held is shut down.

So my question is simple, how do i get a game i have paid for?

Taillebois
General of the Army

Re: How to get a new download for my copy?

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:14 am

About £2 for a used boxed copy with manual on Amazon near me. I think the latest patches can be downloaded still.

I've long had doubts about digital only games and used to nearly always buy a boxed copy but they are not always offered now.

File note: remember to copy the download files for new games and back them up somewhere so you can re-install on a new pc. Ditto for the install codes - mine are scribbled in an old book - somewhere.

It must be about ten years since NCP came out so I don't think bleating to Ageod is really fair.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:54 pm

I've just played the invasion of England scenario for the first time. I got ashore but was defeated outside London.

Good fun - definitely worth a few dollars.

allan_boa
Colonel

Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:45 am

Temgesic wrote:Hi!

I bought this game a couple of years ago from a Swedish site. Now they can´t provide the download for me because they say the servers where the game was held is shut down.

So my question is simple, how do i get a game i have paid for?

I have the exact same problem (except that I purchased directly from AGEOD). I lost the install file but I still have the confirmation email and the serial #. It was in 2011.

I'd love to reinstall the game if someone could tell where I could re-download the file (I insist that I still have my serial number and confirmation email from ageod. I'm not looking for something illegal of course)
Thank you !

PS: buying a 2nd hand box on amazon would cost me nearly more in postage than buying a new one ... I need a download link.

deguerra
Major

Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:25 am

In my experience, sending an e-mail to AGEOD with the serial number and confirmation email has led to them being able to provide a new download link. It may depend on the individual game, but it should definitely be worth a try.

-deguerra

allan_boa
Colonel

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:15 pm

deguerra wrote:In my experience, sending an e-mail to AGEOD with the serial number and confirmation email has led to them being able to provide a new download link. It may depend on the individual game, but it should definitely be worth a try.

-deguerra

Thanks for the suggestion ! Will definitely try this :-) Nothing to lose. ;-)

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”