Moriety
Major

France or Russia invating whom?

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:06 am

The march to Moscow was one of the scenario's I saved up to the last as I considered it would be one of the most interesting ever made by AEGOD, a French company offered.

Instead I got the Russian Empire going rampant through Southern Poland and invading the French Empire in Europe.
I was quickly swarmed by over 30 independent units bursting though both the North and South of the French Empire.

I had hoped that I could change history beyond the Russian refusal to negotiate, instead I found myself fighting the huge Russian invasion of the French European Empire.

Without doubt, the worse ever designed scenario AGEOD has ever made.

Toby
"Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time you've got" Art Buchwald, U.S. Journalist and humourist

Moriety
Major

Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:32 am

I should add,

This scenario was a key pivotal moment within our common European history, within that era only Waterloo beat it in shaping OUR history, yet the designer has chosen to turn it into an utter joke.
It defies belief.
The designers could have chosen so many alternative victories (Taking St Petersburg would be one, with a rapid response by the Russians, also Europeans remember.), instead you get invaded by Russia, to a level of spam never seen in an AGEOD game. It makes a mockery of our real shared history.

At one point I had over 50 different Russian units in Poland, some of which were simply destroyed units with the officers wandering around the map and infuriatingly given exactly the same image as a real military unit, and these officer only counters will just not get off the map. Utterly confusing.

If ACW is your peak, NAP is your nadir. A joke of a product.
"Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time you've got" Art Buchwald, U.S. Journalist and humourist

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”