warrenpeace
Private

Problems with losing lopsided battes

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:15 pm

After a couple of year hiatus, I started playing around with NC again. One problem I noticed concerned strange results with regards to multiple battles in the same area. A typical example would play out as such: Large synchronized force invades structure containing region (like ULM for example), and is on offensive mode. Big battle plays out on day 2 or 3 and French win big (say 10,000 vs 30, 000 casualties) and gain some NM points. However, a series of smaller battles than occurs on days 4-7 which the austrians win. These battles seem to involve troops that have retreated into the fort. In some cases a single battery of cannon will defeat 60,000 troops! A typical defeat might have the french losing 200 troops while the Austrians lose 20. The problem is that each of these defeats results in lots of lost NM, such that by the end of the turn I might be 15 NM points below where I was when the turn started, even though overall troop losses where greater than 2:1 in my favor. Something seems wrong here.

Bohémond

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Is there a lot of leaders with your single battery of cannons ?

It could be the infamous ''Immortals'' bug but we need at least a pic of you battle to confirm.

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

warrenpeace
Private

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:02 am

Here is a picture. If this is the immortal bug, will it ever be corrected in NC?

[ATTACH]21618[/ATTACH]
Attachments
lopsided battle.png

warrenpeace
Private

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:19 am

Have played more. In recent game french have held out for nine battles over 3 turns in cordoba with a single cannon and a leader. Battle is always lost, but unit is immortal. Definitely immortal bug. Happy to send saves if you want. Is this the same bug that was fixed in the newer games? Any chance it might be fixed for NCP

Franciscus

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:11 pm

A little squirrel told me that a fix maybe on it's way :)

lodilefty

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

warrenpeace
Private

Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:43 pm

installed qwkfix and played more spanish campaign. On first turn Cordoba still held out, but on second turn it was eliminated. (Unit was immortal for at least 5 turns before patch. I am assuming that it required two turns because of some initialization changes.

simon hart
Civilian

Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi all,
I have most Ageod games (BOA, ROP, etc) but have found napoleons campsigns the most annoying when it comes to combat in certain scenarios. Take Austerlitz. Austrians defend the fortress on turn two. French arrive with a larger force. The combat goes as follows. Day one French make a breach immediately and attack, French suffer 1000 casualties, Austrians suffer 55,000 and the whole force is wiped out. Now I admit that Ulm was a victory for the French and the Austrian army was at a disadvatage in =terms of leadership etc, but this result seems perverse, almost designed in fact to produce a French victory no matter what. It is this result which has made me stop playing Napoleon and go back to Wars in america. Is there any explanation for these results?

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”