Further paches will only be prepared in the event of a r[I]epeatable c[/I]atastrophic failure or something in-game that simply does not function at all.
A special thank you to Bohemond and Franciscis for their intense efforts cleaning up this game for legacy.
Without their effort, it is highly unlikely that anyfixes or improvements would have been made.
[font=Arial-BoldMT][font=Arial-BoldMT]THIS PATCH DOES NOT WORK FOR THE 1.00 VERSION, if you have not installed the Foundation Patch before.[/font][/font]This patch is comprehensive, containing all changes since the original release of NCP
This patch is not compatible with saved games from versions earlier than 1.09 RC1.
In all cases, the Saved Game Folder will be deleted.
- [B]Python script checks run [thank you
- Duplicate Aliases resolved in Colors, Fonts, Move Types, Terrains, Sounds, Models, Units
- Aliases corrected in:
- Settings file AI.opt
- 1806 Campaign
- 1808 Campaign
- 1812 Campaign
- 1813 Campaign
- 1814 Campaign
- 1815 Campaign
- Prussian Campaign
- Latest LocalStrings_AGE included
[/B][Patch 1.10 = October 28, 2012] for clarity, the 1.10 changes were: [all included in 1.10 as usual]
- Game Engine [updated to version 130227]
- You can now disembark troops from a fleet trapped in ice.
- Siege improvements [supplementing rules added in version 1.07]
- Besieged forces will now take attrition hits every turn, in proportion of their number and how the siege roll went (anti over-crowding rule).
- If too many breaches accumulated, then a surrender roll is always possible (whatever the presence of a depot, super elite troops, etc.)
- Each breach will make the besieged consume an extra 5% of his normal supply usage. The purpose of this rule is that by upping the supply usage, you'll have more chances to have your supply depleted enough so that the depot (or supply wagon) can't provide its 'surrender protection' to the besieged force. For the rationale, just consider that the breaches are also making depots and stocks explode or be wasted, as you get shelled pretty heavily, etc...
- Fixed a bug where a lone sneaky leader could prevent a siege to happen, even if siege indicator was correctly shown
- A retreating army can now split static units (abandon them) to escape better
- If an attack is called off without routing (aka AutoRetreat), the attacking forces will revert to defensive posture but won’t retreat in another region.
- A too low cohesion can make a stack call off an assault, aggressive leaders will have a tendency to force the troops though.
- Fixed a bug whereby a unit under siege could always escape from the region using a specific sequence of Movement orders, Passive posture, and Evasive Move Special Order settings
- Enabled Dynamic Borders to view the boundary between controlled areas. [may affect map scrolling speed] See Main Menu – System
- Enabled Main Menu option to switch to 120DPI fonts [for higher resolution displays]
- Added Overcrowding rule:
- The overcrowding rule exists to penalize (rather substantially) forces that are too numerous to defend adequately in-cityscape structures (mostly cities and forts). As with other rules, the engine is not prohibiting in 'a hard way' troops to be stationed en masse in a given structure, as it would pose very large problems to handle for the interface, then the AI. Instead, it follows the philosophy of 'you can do it, but that's not optimal'...
- See Wiki article [size=84]at: http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Overcrowding_Rule[/size]
- Fixes the “immortal units” bug seen in some combats
- Fixes the the supply replenishment in siege bug
- Support units will always be considered having zero in patrol, meaning they don't pin down enemies
- unit auto upgrade is improved
- Database changes [thank you Bohemond and Franciscus]
- Several changes made to clean up duplicate Model and Unit Aliases
- Minor corrections to events in 1806 and 1808 Campaigns
- Minor changes to 1804 Setup
- All Setups recompiled for new DB
- Text strings cleaned and updated.
- - Spanish campaign (1808):
- Correction of "Mafra depot" (removal of double Beresford)
- Correction to Cintra Convention events (Junot's army will be removed even if outside Lisbon; line message when the army returns to Bayonne)
- Fixed merchants in MTB will never get unsupplied
- Siege icons repositioned for 442Koln, 470Hannover, 529Wittenburg, 572Kustrin, 563Glogau, 548Torgau, 551Leipzig, 555Dresden, 455Frankfurt, 457Dortmund, 485Wesel, 484Aschaffenburg, 498Wurtzburg