The Hound
Civilian

PBEM games

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:00 am

Just picked up this game a few weeks ago. Does anyone pbem still? Thanks.

Serk
Civilian

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:46 am

Hi,

Also got this game recently and I'd like to try it against a human opponent. PM me and we could set something up.

Cheers,

Serk

Michael Hopcroft
Sergeant

Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:05 pm

I could never figure out how to get PBEM to work in any of the AGEOD-engine games. In fact, it's been a year and I still don't have anything approaching a clue. Does anyone have a resource that will tell me how to do this?

Durk

Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:21 am

Hi guys. PBEM is a wonderful way to explore a game and to develop new friends.
The Hound and Serk, I hope you are now in games. If not, go to the forum PBEM page to advertise. Always several players looking for games.

Michael, The process is not always clear and Napoleon's Campaigns is the hardest of the AGEOD games to play via PBEM due to several factors, one is a game manual which does not address current practice.
Oh course, number one is to find an opponent. You could PM me and I would take you through a game. Or better, look in the PBEM section of the forum.

The Process: Once you save a game turn, you go into the game files. For most players this is in your computer in Program Files (x86).
Find the Napoleon file. Then select NCP. Then Saves. You will find your saved game and its associated files.
If you are playing and not hosting, you send your ord file to your opponent. Start there. It is a bit more complicated when you host.
In NCP you get no replay. In other game you get a replay file to review the turn.
I put a shortcut on my desktop to make file management easier.

Talk about how this worked or other issues.

powcarrot27
Corporal

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:44 pm

If you're still looking for an opponent, I'd be happy to play

Michael Hopcroft
Sergeant

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:36 pm

powcarrot27 wrote:If you're still looking for an opponent, I'd be happy to play

I'm not sure how much time I'll have, but if I have access to PM I'll send you my e-mail address. I would also be open to a short PBEM campaign in American Civil War as practice.

Michael Hopcroft
Sergeant

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Three turns into my first game now and I have a quick question -- I'm having trouble switching between the unit display at the bottom of the map and the message list that tells me what happened.

Well, that and I seem to have somehow managed to avoid actually fighting so far...

Durk

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:17 am

I think you simply need to right click on your mouse to do this. If not, check back.

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”