tonedog
Corporal

how to defend river crossings?

Sun May 22, 2011 1:37 pm

ignore. turns out my corp keeps retreating on the last day no matter what posture i set.

this is gettin weirder and weirder. i have 30000 men in this core. the only way to stop it retreating is the hold at all cost order.

the messages indicate i engaged the coalition (shouldnt they engage me as im in my own land and have a defensive posture?) and only one battle result. 1000 men on my side and 15000 on theirs yet when i check my corp the next turn, all the men bar 1000 are dead! what happened to the other 29000?

im beginnin to regret this purchase, it seems really buggy.

unless im missin someone obvious.

Gray_Lensman

Sun May 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Post the saved game files so that someone can take a look at it.

tonedog
Corporal

Sun May 22, 2011 10:46 pm

just run turn 1 again as france and look at the battle result in bergamo. ive re-run it several times and although i dont always lose the battle the battle result screen doesnt match up the forces involved.

maybe its a just a nuance with the game engine. i just worked around it by fallin back to milan and i havent seen it happen again.

theres been a few other things that have happened that i thought were bugs but after closer inspection its just the way the engine handles things.

cheers! :)
Attachments
1805 August Campaign3.zip
(553.66 KiB) Downloaded 271 times

Durk

Mon May 23, 2011 2:16 am

This is my take. Your force in the target area is leader challenged, versus the opposing forces. When your Army of Italy joins, it is not activated. This puts you into a leadership deficit, again. The variable results are likely due to the three Austrian and two French forces either engaging or not in any particular rerunning of the conflict.
So - many variable, leadership, leadership penalties, varying commitment times (not arrival times).
And, you are right to initially take this as a defend of a river crossing, terrain is one more factor.
No bug in the system. You are, also, not missing anything obvious, there are multiple factors going on. You are not accounting for movement, activation and etc.

tonedog
Corporal

Mon May 23, 2011 9:26 am

thanks for your response.

the prussian stack needs to take an offensive posture to enter bergamo so its just weird that the enemy stack can begin the next turn in bergamo with attackin my forces there.

the enemy stack doesnt arrive until day 7 so dunno if thats part of the reason.

as i said it hasnt happened since so no big deal.

Durk

Tue May 24, 2011 12:45 am

This is interesting. Maybe the Opposition stack had a force march the first time you saw this. I cannot recreate.

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”